We stayed 10 February 2014 for only one night arriving around 5pm after a long and tiring drive from Orlando to find the place has no bar, no restaurant and does not even provide breakfast. The room had been redecorated, the bathroom was fine, the kitchenette was dated and the glassware etc grubby. We were awoken several times in the night by the extremely noisy refrigerator and air conditioning unit.
Maybe Americans understand and accept they have to go food shopping on arrival even for basic foodstuffs, but for over $200 a night, we expected a little more, plus, apart from a Deli some 200 yards away, you needed to drive to any restaurants and so, no alcohol.
Yes the location was delightful, as in on a little sandy, man made, beach on the waters edge, but for all other amenities, a poor location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Bay Resort is nestled in Tavernier, the loveliest part of Key Largo and the diving capital of the world. We are conveniently located 1-1/2 hours south of Miami, and 2 hours north of Key West, the southernmost tip of the continental USA. The little jewel we call Atlantic Bay is a small resort that faces the Gulf of Mexico's Florida Bay. It is located on three tropical landscaped acres with 500 feet of waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Bay Hotel Tavernier
- Hotel Atlantic Bay
- Atlantic Bay Resort Key Largo/Tavernier