I have stayed at many hotels & resorts in Tavernier/Islamorada over the last ten years and have never experienced NO ICE for guests! Some minor upgrades would make such a difference. New beds, better quality bedding, upgrade damaged sinks & toilets, old A/C, & bigger TV. This location has tremendous potential. We stayed in an efficiency room (#11) with a full kitchen which was a great size. Separate living area and nice size bathroom. They have fresh paint on the walls but the toilet, sink & vanity need to be replaced. Bedding was cheap. Bare box spring is unnecessarily unsightly - just put a fitted sheet on it! The outdated A/C did not cool down the room, especially the living room area. Pool is ok but needs some TLC too (coping is crumbling).
I booked our stay for a Saturday check in and Monday check out. Our friends arrived on Thursday. We were supposed to be next door to them. I called on Wednesday since I didn't get an email confirmation and they had us down to check in on Friday so I'm glad I called. Since they made a mistake with our check in date we weren't next to our friends but I was told we were directly above them on the second floor. When we checked in our room was upstairs but at the opposite end of the building from our friends. Not a big deal but just another disappointment. Be sure you read all the rules you have to initial telling you everything you CAN'T do in the room and the charges that will be incurred if you violate the rules. Not a very warm and friendly greeting. Once in the room there is no information on where to get ice, etc. just another list of everything that is prohibited (no cooking fish in room, no storing of fish or bait in fridge, no smoking, if room is very dirty extra cleaning charge will be incurred). We usually stay at the Coconut Palm Inn a few blocks south but they had a wedding and were booked so they referred us here. They should visit CPI and take notes on how they run the property and customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Bay Resort is nestled in Tavernier, the loveliest part of Key Largo and the diving capital of the world. We are conveniently located 1-1/2 hours south of Miami, and 2 hours north of Key West, the southernmost tip of the continental USA. The little jewel we call Atlantic Bay is a small resort that faces the Gulf of Mexico's Florida Bay. It is located on three tropical landscaped acres with 500 feet of waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Atlantic Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Bay Hotel Tavernier
- Hotel Atlantic Bay
- Atlantic Bay Resort Key Largo/Tavernier