“Fantasic Vaction!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Ada, Oklahoma
“Fantasic Vaction!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our 1st time to the Florida Keys, and we were very surprised with how much fun we had here. Just fell in Love with the place. Atlantic Bay Resort was wonderful from the minute we arrived on the property. Check-in was a breeze Ashly walked us to our suite #2 showed us around the grounds and was very friendly and informative. The Suite has been completely updated and had everything we could have needed. The King Bed was very comfy and fabulous pillows! Bathroom & Kitchen area was spotless.The Air conditioner worked almost to well if that is even possible. My favorite parts of our stay here was my morning coffee on the my personal cabana area and feeding "pretty Bird" the peacock and walking around looking at the lizards and fish in the water. They Provide Free Kayaks and had a wonderful surprise visit from 2 friendly dolphins who swam beside me for a little while!
The Location couldn't have been better for us, in a just a few short miles we could be in islamorda and eat, party & play. Then return to our little get away for some peace and quit away from all the hussle of the tourists areas. The grounds keeper even brought me a a big lizard to see up close. Just can't say enough about this place the staff, the tourists, and locals were all extremely friendly and helpful.
Things to do at our top of the list was tiki Jet - Water Jet packs worth every penny! Boat rental in the same area they even provided us with fishing pools and snorkel equipment and maped out for us where to do these activities on our own. Swam with sea turtles! Robbies- feed the tarpans.

Room Tip: Recommend a suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Literally. They have a beautiful peacock that roams the grounds and we saw him everywhere! On top of that this place was quiet, private, and basically perfect. We only stopped in for one night on our way down to Key West. Tavernier is perfect as it falls between Key Largo and Islamorada in the Northern part of the Florida Keys. We stopped for some activities in Miami on our way which was only a couple hours drive and then went to Theater of the Seas on our way South. Key West was only a couple hours as well so it was the perfect half way stop. Loved it, no complaints, would definitely recommend and stay again. Check it Out!

Room Tip: Ask about the different styles to fit your needs. Ours was simple, but just what we needed for one n...
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for a couple of yeRs and love it. We always stay in one of the suites which is perfect for us. Very nice sand beach and chairs to watch the sunset. Boat ramp and dock on site with trailer parking. They are remodeling so some of the rooms are a work in progress. We live a few hours up the road and this is the place for our Keys getaways. Also great that it is halfway between Largo (great diving outfit and restaurants) and Islamorada (awesome food, shops, galleries).

Stayed July 2014
new jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Rooms were clean and spacious. Our family used the docks to fish and caught a nice variety. We cooked dinner and breakfast in the room. I would recommend this Resort for families or couples. Make sure you bring bug spray, there are mosquitos.

Room Tip: They are in the process of remodeling the entire resort. Starting with the beach bunaglos.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank idealimage
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The resort itself was very beautiful. The only thing I would have to say about the room I stayed in, was that the air conditioning in there is very old fashioned and goes from one extreme to the other. It's was either too warm in the room or too cold, it wasn't feasible to find a happy neutral/comfortable temperature. Also; I noticed that the pool wasn't well kept. For two consecutive days there was fecal matter that was sitting on the edge of the pool in multiple areas by either the iguanas, or the peacock that roam the property. I also noticed that the sides of the pool weren't up-kept to a point where my daughter and I both got scratched. Some of the tiles were missing and the concrete edges were very sharp, and the pool water itself needed to be cleaned and filtered, as I noticed a lot of random things floating around. I finally went to the front desk after seeing this for a couple days in a row and reported this. The staff were friendly, but didn't provide much information on arrival. It was more like, I had to ask to find out as I went along. But they were sure to have you sign all of the things you "can't do" as they hand over the keys to your room. They also threaten with obscene prices if you do certain things (i.e., cook fish in your room, or leave the room too "messy" - there's like a $150 cleaning fee for that). The area is beautiful, I've never stayed anywhere else to compare it to, but I liked the location and it was very quiet and offers a great view of the sunset. The swimming area isn't very feasible either because it was covered in jellyfish, and if you walked in the water or stirred up the bottom you got attacked by sea lice which makes you itch like crazy. I liked how they did provide free access to paddle boarding and kayaking though.

2 Thank Crystal T
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at ABR. Last year, when I stayed for a scuba trip, the place was Keys "funky", but fine for my needs and in a great location. The price was right, too. Since then they've put some time, work and money into the place and it shows. Rooms and cottages have been redone with new paint, better appliances, better bedding and redone bathrooms. The pool and beach furniture have been upgraded. The grounds remain very nice and shaded, with a nice beach and waterfront. I stayed with a friend in the same efficiency unit I was in last summer, so the upgrades were plain to see. The foldout couch was comfortable which was pleasant, as I was the one sleeping on it. Only one issue arose when one night the window type air conditioner quit. I'm pretty handy and reset the unit and then, when that didn't work, I pulled the plug from the wall and reset the breakers from the box in the kitchen. Replaced the plug and nothing. Called the after hours number and Kay arranged for us to stay in a unit that night until the a/c could be looked at. We left for an early dive trip and, of course, the reset worked for maintenance when they looked at it the next day. So, here's the catch-I removed the bedding from the foldout and took it down to the temporary unit. I left a handwritten message for housekeeping saying just that and that the foldout in my unit needed new bedding. You guessed it, when I pulled out the couch the next night there were no sheets. I made another call and a housekeeper was sent over to retrieve sheets. This was also an after hours call. So, accidents happen and it was all handled pretty well. Just needs a little work in the communication area. If that's the worst that happens (and it was), I think overall it was a great stay. We were there 4 nights. I will be back soon for another dive trip!

Room Tip: The efficiency units are well priced and great for 1- 3 people. If you have a bigger crowd, choose a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Perfect Location. Close to everything. Stayed a few days and the place is very clean and staff is very friendly.Our room had a full kitchen and everything must have been recently updated.I would highly recomend it !! It is close to shopping,it's peaceful,has a boat ramp and docking.

1 Thank peter b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Coconut Palm Inn
Amara Cay Resort
Amara Cay Resort
#6 of 19 in Islamorada
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,295 reviews

Been to Atlantic Bay Resort? Share your experiences!