“Scuba certification with Captain Slate’s”

Captain Slate's SCUBA Adventures
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Operating since 1978, CAPTAIN SLATE'S SCUBA ADVENTURES is the premier dive, snorkel, and glass bottom boat operator. Located in Tavernier, we take groups to dive or snorkel at the best sites off of the Florida Keys. With three boats , your voyage experience is kept personable, relaxed, and exclusive. Don't forget - a visit to the Keys is not complete without the world famous Creature Feature! Our highly qualified staff offers PADI, NAUI, SDI, TDI, SEI, IANTD, DAN certifications and more, so start or continue your dive education here! What are you waiting for? Book your diving adventure!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We originally went to Captain Slate’s in February to do our PADI referral open water dives and we had a great experience! Sky took great care of us on the boat and Ford was our instructor in the water. All the equipment was in good shape and they catered to our level of experience (or in this case our level of inexperience)! We felt very safe during all our dives and really enjoyed the places Sky picked out for us. Matt spent extra time helping us figure out getting our certification cards after running into some issues with our local dive shop. We had such a good experience that we came back in March to do our PADI advanced open water and Nitrox certification with them! Darrin was our instructor for those dives and he was very knowledgeable and we again had great dives. We would recommend them to anyone diving in the Keys and would definitely recommend them for anyone looking to get certification in scuba!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"these guys"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went snorkeling with my daughter for the first time on our last day in the keys with captain slates operation. Really enjoyed the views and captain sky and Hannah made me feel really comfortable. Wish we didn’t have to leave so I could try it again. Thanks again.

1  Thank bagelmadness2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thanks to the amazing crew at Captain Slate's SCUBA Adventures I will never forget my first time diving in the Florida Keys! Captain Sky and our on board master divers Olivia and Kristin made sure that every bit of our trip was more fun than I could ever ask for. I went on 5 dives in just 2 days with them and now I already can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to Capt Slates for my first open water dives in 15 years. They provided an experienced dive buddy named Hannah. Hannah was great and immediately helped me to gain confidence and have fun. Performed 12 dives in five days. Favorite dive locations included Spankies, Hens and Chickens, Davis and the Capt Slate speciality Creature Feature! Already planning my return trip. Thanks for the photos and video Hannah!

1  Thank zeldapup23