Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great location for boaters and families, very convenient for both flushing and washing boats, the entire place was clean and well-managed, but check the pictures on each unit because they are all different... our friend ended up with a very dated condo, while we had a beautiful, updated condo.

Room Tip: verify photos, every unit is individually owned and all vary in style and condition.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joyski C, Administrative Assistant at Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (2,373)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

At first when I checked in to Ocean Point Suites I was given an outdated room with a view of merely mangroves in what was supposed to be an "ocean view" room. I complained to the front desk that this was WAY too far off from what was advertised online. Fortunately I had checked in early so my room was changed to a much better room that looked just like the pictures I had seen online. Overall I enjoyed my stay at Ocean Point Suites. My best recommendation is to request a room in either building 5 or 4, and make sure to clarify the kind of room you are expecting. Each of them are independently owned by private people so that is why appliances, bathroom fixtures, furniture, etc can vary so greatly. I would stay again. For the location, space, and amenities offered it is worth it.

Room Tip: My best recommendation is to request a room in either building 5 or 4, and make sure to clarify the...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nora E

On behalf of our staff we appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Thank you for choosing Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo as your destination of choice when visiting the Florida Keys. We value your comments and observations in reference to your most recent stay. We hope your future travels bring you back to Ocean Pointe. We are happy to know you were properly accommodated.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our two bedroom, two bathroom suite was very nice, with a lovely view. We certainly enjoyed Key largo, the only small drawback was that the pool was extremely busy and full of families, with large coolers and drinks etc., but we did still enjoy a couple of hours by the pool and then were able to go out and tour Key Largo.

Room Tip: The suites actually lock with keys, not something you see normally these days so you do have to reme...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I traveled to Key West for my birthday weekend of May 18th. After booking my package, but prior to my travel Key West, I didn't know about trip advisory until a co-worker told me about the site. So I looked at the reviews for Ocean Pointe Resort in Key Largo. I was excited prior to booking and thought it was a very nice place to stay....well, once I checked trip advisory I was a little apprehensive and nervous because some of the reviews were not good.

So, when I arrived, the receptionist gave me the room number on the check-in information, but one of the forms had the incorrect room number and as I tried to enter, the guest of the incorrect room opened the door; I was thinking, wow they gave me an occupied room. But the guests were nice enough to let us come in and the wife called the front desk to get everything straight. Well I can see where some of the reviews for the place were great because their room was odor free and carpet free and clean.

Soooo, once I got everything straight, we went into the correct suite...I was not as excited, it had this spell of wet dog, so I called the front desk for another room. They gladly exchanged our suite. Weellll, I was not impressed with the second room either, but we stayed. There were some issues along with smell. As you can see from the photos, that this was not the best of suites. We ended up doing some extra cleaning so we could feel comfortable.

Because it was a last minute reservation and was affordable for my money, I won't complain too much. But, will not be staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Suite was perfect more like a flat!! Needed a little updating and air com was noisy but they were the only faults. Amazing facilities that we didn't make the most if as we were too busy!!! The beach was ok but the boat park was a plus. Lovely location.

Stayed: February 2014
Joyski C, Administrative Assistant at Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our 4th stay at op suites in the past 18 months .we love the location and the amenities they offer.the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.on our 2nd night the bed frame broke and the patio door did not open properly we requested repairs and they were done within half an hour.as soon as you drive to the front gate you feel you are on vacation the grounds are beautifully kept and well maintained.the beach area is beautiful and plenty of lounge chairs.each unit has a fully stocked kitchen, and they provide beach towels as well . We can't say enough good things about op suites . it's a great value for your MONEY. I also had booked a stay for my in-laws this past January .we recommend this place 100% ,and I'll be booking our next stay in December at op suites. I hope you like it here as much as we do.

• Stayed: April 2014

On behalf of our staff we thank you for taking the time to review our property. Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo appreciates your genuinely positive comments in reference to your most recent stay. We look forward to serving you as our loyal guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed in 2306 with our 2 daughters in their 20's. It was perfect with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Ocean views, clean with plenty of space. The pool and grounds were very neat and clean. We ate at Snappers for dinner. So nice on the waterfront with great food. Also ate at the Conch house for breakfast . Good food. There is a Winn Dixie down the road for groceries and a new place we bought pizza at called Pazianos. Brought it back. It was good. Prices were reasonable and would recommend it highly. Have fun. We did.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Joyski C, Administrative Assistant at Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Atlantic Bay Resort
Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
Dove Creek Lodge
Dove Creek Lodge
#8 of 20 in Key Largo

Been to Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo? Share your experiences!