“Very Nice. Good View.”

Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I researched affordable places online. This resort offered a two bedroom condo with an ocean view for $159.00 per night (plus 11.5% tax). It was WELL worth it! The condo was mostly clean (sliverware and plates, etc. had particles of food). It had everything we wanted, with a very nice beach/lagoon, a dock with a gazebo on the end, stereo, jetted tubs in both bathrooms, very comfortable furniture and beds. The condo is "shotgun", which means that there are doors opposite each other front and back to get a breeze straight through the condo. We loved the breeze with the smell of the ocean. The only drawback was the balcony. It was only large enough to fit two chairs and a tiny table. On the whole I would recommend this place. It was very comfortable and very affordable.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,373)

Reviewed 12 March 2009

We chose Ocean Pointe Suites for our accomodations for our 25th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased!! The suite was absolutely perfect! Each morning we enjoyed our coffee overlooking a beautiful view of the ocean. The kitchen was fully equipped and the living room could not have been more comfortable. The master bedroom was also perfect and we each enjoyed having or own bathroom!
We are planning to make this a yearly trip to recharge and relax and enjoy the laid back surroundings!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

This is a relatively large condo project with each building having 4 floors of units, no units on the ground floors. The grounds are attractively landscaped and clean. The pool is lovely, the hot tub on the hot side. There are also tennis courts. All were well maintained. There is also a marina and a small beach with lounge chairs. The beach is small but ample and comfortable. We were on floor 4 and had an ocean view. The view is lovely. We had a one bedroom unit. The bedroom is had a queen size bed, an ample dresser, a couple of nightstands and a decent closet. There was no floor space left. The living area was comfortable and the kitchen was small but workable. The bathroom is small.

I found the staff pleasant and willing to do what was needed. There is no housekeeping if you don’t stay a week, but they will replace towels whenever you request. I requested fresh towels every day and got them promptly delivered to the rooms.

The location is very good for the upper keys. Many great restaurants are within a 15 minute ride. There is a public beach within five minute a ride. There is really nothing within walking distance.

My only complaint deals with the up keep of the unit we were in. Obviously each unit is maintained by the owners of that unit. Ours was in need of fresh paint in every room. The bedspread was worn. The place just looked tired. The furniture was not filthy as described by another person, but It really needs some attention.

We booked dirctly with the condo because I thought we could do better in getting a good unit with a good view. I think that was not true and probably money could have been saved by booking through any online travel service. I would go back, but I would shop around.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I absolutely LOVED this place! I was so surprised when I checked in, I had gotten a special rate on Expedia and though I was aware that these are suites I had no idea how gorgeous they were; when I walked in the door I found I had been given a beautiful two bedroom suite (for $150) even though I was travelling alone! I was ready to just move right in! There was a tv in every room, dvd player, a kitchen, large living room, as well as two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. The master bedroom's bathroom even had a whirlpool in it which was an added treat. Everything was luxurious and comfortable, lots of extra blankets and sheets in the closets to make you feel right at home. Full refrigerator, bar with stools , stove and microwave in the kitchen with a Winn Dixie right up the road where you can buy groceries. I wanted to stay longer than one night once I saw how nice everything was however my trip was already planned and reservations made elsewhere so I couldn't. There is also a pool and small private beach with beach chairs. Lots of access for boats, as well as tennis courts and a restaurant with outdoor dining area by the beach. At night there are security guards patrolling the grounds as well as one at the gate so you can't even get in unless you are a registered guest. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will definitely stay here again when I am in the Key Largo area.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank CandyC
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Nice little gated community. The grounds were very well looked after.
Nice pool. Small beach, but it does the job.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Good location, quiet, private beach, and marina. Our room was nice and spacey, but the rugs were just filthy, and the walls were marked and scratched.
Even though they have a restaurant, skip it. They employ only one unfortunate lady who does the waiting and the cooking. While she is very efficient, and very apologizing, an order of toast took about half an hour while everything is served on small Styrofoam plates.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2009

My two kids and I stayed at OP Suites Feb 13 - 17 and had a perfect stay. It was everything we expected. The rooms were clean and spacious and our view spectacular. Everyone was very friendly and it was nice to see how them combed the beach every morning to clean it up. The pool was always warm and there were plenty of loungers. We did not get a chance to have a bite to eat or a drink as time was short but OP Suites was a very nice spot to just relax and unwind.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Atlantic Bay Resort
Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
MB at Key Largo
MB at Key Largo
#8 of 20 in Key Largo

Been to Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo? Share your experiences!