“great eco kayak tour”

All Day Standup Paddleboard Rental
Ranked #1 of 26 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Voted #1 Eco attraction in the Upper Keys 3 years in a row! Kayak & stand up paddleboard rental, sales, and lessons - easy to book ahead on our website or over the phone. Our classes are all about fun. Learn to stand up paddle board or go for an eco tour. Our scenic tours are based on your needs. Short or long, easy or strenuous. We are Key Largo's highest ranking paddleboard and water sports attraction for a good reason. Our guides are very knowledgeable and we have two racers on staff who can help you dial in your stroke. We are committed to making your vacation memorable. We also sell skateboards and slacklines.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great eco kayak tour”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My first kayaking experience was a very good one. Sarah was our tour guide. She was very sweet and helpful. She was also very knowledgeable about the the entire environment. The price seemed very reasonable. We learned a lot and had a great time.

Visited October 2013

Richmond, VA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Highly recommend SUP ecotour! Great way to get out on the water & see wildlife.”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

On our recent visit to Key Largo, my husband, dog, and I did two excellent ecotours and a night paddle Meet-up with Paddle! the Florida Keys. Although we have SUP experience, we aren't familiar with the area, so it was great to have guides lead the way and show us places we wouldn't have found on our own.

On our first ecotour, we followed the guide in our car to another location, and paddled Dove Sound and Dove Creek. Dove Sound and much of the creek are closed to motorboats, so it was very quiet and peaceful. We saw lots of parrotfish, mangrove snappers, and other fish along the mangroves, a sea turtle in the creek area, iguanas, etc. Paddling around the cove and through the mangroves was amazing. We loved having a private tour (just me, my husband, our dog, and the guide) and we think we were able to see so much more since we had such a small group. (We've been on other ecotours with 6 to 10 people, where only the people in the front got to see the wildlife before it was scared away by the group.)

On our second ecotour, we started at the shop and paddled Tavernier Creek and to the "Secret Lagoon". We followed the creek deep into the mangroves (another place we never would have gone on our own). It felt like we were exploring some wilderness far from civilization. The guide shared her knowledge about the mangrove ecosystem and pointed out parrotfish and sponges.

Both of our tours were money well spent, and we enjoyed the night paddle Meet-up as well. Scott and his staff are familiar with the area, wind conditions, current, tides, etc. They have a number of different areas where they paddle, and they plan their trips based on wind conditions. They know where to look for wildlife, and they can offer advice on SUP technique. The boards and paddles they provided were nice and in great shape for rental equipment, and were enjoyable to use. They were very accommodating, letting us bring our dog along and providing a pad for him to sit on the board.

We plan to paddle with Paddle! the Florida Keys when we return to the area and/or to rent boards from them.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Labnut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peaceful and entertaining”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed an eco-tour with owner Scott on a recent trip to the Keys. Equipment, paddling location, and Scott's knowledge of the environment/wildlife provided an excellent service. Really enjoyed how quiet and private our tour was, and saw some cool wildlife (osprey, turtles, even a sting ray). Would definitely visit Paddle again and hopefully see a manatee next time!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Deepseaviolet
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Paddleboarding Dove Sound and Creek”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I went to Key Largo to snorkel but the jellyfish at John Pennekamp State Park were so numerous it took the fun out of it, if only they had warned us to wear long sleeves! So paddleboarding was surprisingly the highlight of our vacation there. I had never paddleboarded before but they told me what to do and where to go. What surprised me is how well you can see fish when you paddleboard. Being up high takes the glare out of the water so you can see much better than in a kayak. And I was amazed at all the fish I saw in Dove Creek, including a sting ray. Another lady who snorkeled laying on top her paddleboard saw a sea turtle. You do have to have some muscle to paddle board toward the ocean against the tide so inquire as to the best time to do it. I didn't even fall in the water once!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MarkaChristian
Homestead, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not buy paddle boards from them!!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I went to their store in Key Largo a couple months ago to price a used paddle board. One of the cheaper ones they had was only $750 and they said all it needed was a paint job (which was very true.) There wasn't any visible damage to it, just a bit worn. There were two Paddle stickers on the bottom of the board which I payed no attention to at the time of my purchase. After about a month or so, when I decided to begin the painting process, I removed the stickers only to discover they were covering holes!! You'd think that if they were true retailers, they would have had it properly fixed or even mentioned to the purchaser! I'd look at other options before buying anything from them.

Visited April 2013
Scott B, Owner at PADDLE! the Florida Keys, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
We occasionally sell USED boards. We do our best to inform the purchaser of any issues that the board might have. We also encourage our customers to come to us first if they have any issues and we will address them in a way that works for everyone.