“Sailfish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capt Petrucco Charter Fishing

Capt Petrucco Charter Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am a fishing charter captain in the Florida Keys. I fish in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida Bay, Everglades National Park, John Pennekamp reef, and the Atlantic Ocean in Key Largo, Tavernier, and Islamorada Florida. I am fully licensed and insured. I have been fishing the Florida Keys waters since 2002. I have the knowledge and specialized techniques that consistently put more fish in the box. I have been fishing professionally in many different rivers, lakes and oceans all across North America from Alaska and Northern Canada to the Great Lakes and Atlantic Ocean. I have guided Fly fishermen for trout, salmon and char in Alaska and the tributaries of all of the Great Lakes in Michigan and Canada. I have guided in the Canadian shield lakes in northern Ontario. I have run charter boats in Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, and Lake Michigan. All of this experience comes to play every trip out as conditions are constantly changing. I have a big tank of experience to draw from. Most importantly, fishing is not just a job for me, it is my PASSION!
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sailfish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Fished with Capt Joe last week and got our first sailfish and a ton of mahi mahi. The boys had such a great time, they said this was the best vacation they ever had. Thanks for a great time!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank basketgurlie

Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Big Fish Do Not Get Away with Capt. Petrucco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

My brother, Dean Sawruk, and myself, Stephen Sawruk, have fished yearly, or at least tried with Captain Joe Petrucco and sometimes his first mate "CaveMan". Joe has taught me more about fishing than I previously have known and is always willing to take the time to explain the specific techniques of fishing, catching live bait, proper hooks per fish type, knots, etc. Very personable and funny but serious about fishing, boating, and safety. My brother and I have caught everything from Blue Marlin to Red and Yellow tailed snappers, Mahi-Mahi, Huge AmberJacks, Grouper, Spanish Mackarel, Black Fin Tuna, Sharks, and other species. Isle Mirada is Great for fishing and Capt. Joe knows how to maximize your experience. I will be down again!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank stephen s
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WAHOO! A dream come true.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My dad had been deep sea fishing for 40 years and had never caught a wahoo. We booked a trip to the Bahamas 3 months in advance to hopefully find some but Mother Nature didn't cooperate. Because of the high winds, we stayed right out side of Tavernier to try and find a Wahoo. Between the weather and the ocean, we had everything working against us and Captain Joe dug deep to make our day memorable. We ended up catching 4 Wahoo between 25-35 lbs! It was a day us 3 guys will never forget! We would recommend Captain Joe to anyone looking to have an amazing day on the water as he will set you up with any fish you could dream of!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Stegdog
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Seahunter - Capt Joe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Fished with Capt Joe last weekend and had a great time! This guy loves to fish, and his excitement makes the charter even better. Will return, Capt Joe. Oh yeah, we slayed the blackfin and dolphin, too! T. Moore, Orlando

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Trebobalouie
Grosse Ile, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazed Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have hunted and fished with Joe for over 20 years, I have fished with him as Captain Petrucco about 10 times now in the Keys. Joe is as passionate about fishing as the day I met him, I have said many times to friends, Joe is doing what he was meant to do, it really is his calling. Joe has a bigger than life personality and it is always non-stop laughs when fishing with him.

I remember that I used to think Joe was "full of it" when he'd say something like, " I just saw a monster dolphin come up near the boat" (when I was looking in the same spot), he'd frantically grab a rigged rod, pitch the bait, and soon the reel would be singing, then he'd hand me the rod and we would land the species he said he saw, I no longer doubt him, I've seen it too many times to not believe.

My brother, his wife and my wife, recently had a fantastic 2 days on the water with Joe, we filled the boat with yellow tail, blackfin, and numerous other fish plus caught and released a 200 plus pound lemon shark. Even the girls can hardly wait to do it again, my brother's wife said if Joe charged a million dollars, she'd still go (or something like that, a little inside joke).

One of the most memorable fishing moments of this trip happened on the dock, my brother wanted to catch a tarpon, it is not primetime for them, but we spotted one, Joe threw the bait and then we watched and waited. The tarpon swam by the bait, looked at it and swam away. Joe was describing what would happen like a play-by-play analyst, he said watch he's going to look at the bait, act like he's not interested and swim by, but don't let him fool you, he will be back, and within seconds that was exactly what happened, amazed again!! Thanks Joe and Jess, can't wait to do it again

Chad & Carol Furstenau