“back with capt dave and just gets better”

Captain Dave Perkins Fishing Charters
Brielle, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“back with capt dave and just gets better”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

booked 4 trips with dave this weathered out for one and even got offshore as well as back country. Everytime I fish with this guy its a guarantee for an awesome day. tough weather this year but dave worked his butt off to catch fish and we did. Ive been with a lot of Captains in my travels and no matter who you are its a business, but with Dave its a passion! Its get infectious as he gets so excited when we catch fish it can only be passion because no one could get that thrilled over day to day business. we left the dock at 8am or so next thing you know its 5pm. my son and I have such a good time the day flew. I guess thats why i book 3 or 4 trips in a week. What other capt. calls ahead to his house and has a hot coffee with a touch of rum waiting for us at the dock? Thanks dave was some great times again and cant wait to come down and hit some big Tarpon with the master!!!! say hola to Lola-dog!!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank dockbz

Toms River, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Capt Dave Perkins BEST guide in the Florida keys”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

4 consecutive years of fishing the Florida keys with captain Dave Perkins and every one of them an awesome time. Captain Dave treats you like a friend from the minute you meet him. It's great when your captain gets more excited then you do when you reel one in. With captain Dave, my son and I have reeled in plenty, from sawfish to bonefish and everything in between. He knows the keys and where the fish are and his boat and equipment are top notch. Always a safe and exciting time. Thank you Captain Dave, can't wait till next year.

1 Thank Rjient
Grand Bend, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Florida Keys King”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was so fortunate to have fished with Capt. Dave in Tavernier this past week. When you need to learn how to fish in Florida Please call him. He will make the catch you dream of come true. I expierenced this myself. Permit. Shark. Sea Trout. Barracuda. Redfish. Snook.Sawfish.. just about everything the Keys can offer. If you want to have a day to remember take the time to call Dave. A friend as well as a guide. Until next Feb. Dave ...Thank you...
John Bishop
Lake Huron
Canada

1 Thank johnjb1
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Backcountry Bliss”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The frigid wind howled in off Lake Erie, driving snow and ice into my soul. Only the memory of last year's (2013) fishing trip to the back country mangroves and canals west of Key Largo kept me warm. Unable to withstand one more day freezing on the North Coast, I booked another day fishing with Captain Dave. We met at his place and he was ready to go, bait loaded, rods and reels in their holders, the boat clean and pointed in the right direction. The next 8 hours passed blissfully as we caught redfish, snook, trout, and even a shark as we glided over crystal clear water in the warm Florida sunshine. I've been out fishing with Captain Dave twice, and I already feel like I've known him forever. I hope it's not a whole 'nother year before we can cruise through the twisty mile to sight cast baits onto dinner.

1 Thank john k
Brielle, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cannot be beat!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I recently returned from the Keys where I fished for two days with Captain Dave. This was my second trip fishing with Dave and this trip only reminded me of how much I love fishing with him. The first time I fished with him, I felt like he was treating me not like a fishing client, but as a friend. Over the course of the past year, he only cemented that idea by keeping in contact and even though my father was truly the client, he treated me like an equal. I know that should go without saying, but unfortunately many captains who fish with families seek to please the person with the wallet, and the sons like me, feel like chopped sardines. When we returned to fish this year, I didn't believe it was possible but I had an even better time. He greeted me like an old friend, remembered everything I had told him the year before, and was truly and genuinely happy to see me, I have fished with a lot of captains, and they have all paled in comparison to the personality, and skill that Dave brings to the table. The weather made the fishing less than spectacular for this particular trip, but somehow Dave made it an adventure that I will never forget. His personality and clear depth of knowledge made the weather a mere hiccup in an otherwise fantastic trip, a trip on which we still managed to bring home plenty of fish for dinner, which we had prepared at Lazy Days on Islamorada, another Dave Perkins suggestion that could not have been a better decision. For experienced fisherman, Dave is a captain who can get the most of you and elevate your fishing experience with his advanced techniques and sight fishing skills. If you are less experienced, have no fear, Dave will get you hooked on fishing. His demeanor with new fisherman is calm, kind, and he has a talent for putting you on the fish. This is my first review on TripAdvisor or any site like this, but I had to share my thoughts about this guy, he really can't be beat. If you are fishing anywhere in the Keys, stopping in Tavernier to see Dave will be the highlight of your trip, I promise.

Visited January 2014