“Very nice dining experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Tavernier Restaurant-Lounge

Old Tavernier Restaurant-Lounge
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Tavernier
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving the upper keys community for 26 years Old Tavernier Restaurant offers its guest visiting for the first time or welcoming back our local guest back again a warm, safe and friendly place to enjoy the casual flavor of our lounge or the back patio overlooking the marina to our white table clothed dining area, but casual dress is fine!. We offer an international menu that includes the areas best pizza to Prime beef and fresh regional seafood. Offering a full menu until 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We visited the Old Tavernier based on a recommendation for our innkeeper. We arrived on the earlier side, around 5:15 and had no trouble getting a table, we chose to sit on the outside porch overlooking the dock area. Our waitress, Mary, was very friendly, informative and provided excellent service. I had the Greek salad (delicious) and fish of the day, along with a bottled beer. Wife had one of the specials, a shrimp, chicken and pasta in white garlic sauce. Both meals were well prepared, and wife's meal was a large portion, which she graciously passed over for me to finish :)
My meal was delicious, although the grilled fish portion was on the smaller side, but very tasty. We finished up with a piece of yummy key lime pie. Service was outstanding, food quality was very good,

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Islamorada, Florida
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great place and the food is incredible! We love to have a few drinks and an amazing dinner. The staff goes above and beyond and makes you feel so comfortable. Love this place!

• Visited April 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Pricey and upscale but great food. Would visit again for a date night not with kids. Nice restaurant.

Visited March 2014
Dania Beach, FL
“Overrated as high end restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This place is rated in the top of the Upper Keys places to eat...stuffy ambiance, stilted servers, and they cannot, or will not, accommodate dietary needs...take it from someone allergic to MSg and all it's derivatives (any preservatives)...I recently visited and ordered the special 'Grilled Shrimp and Scallop' dish...asked if I could have it with only shrimp, grilled in Olive Oil, not butter, and no seasoning. They charged me $34.00 for this dish which featured 3 shrimp, rice and a veggie. I objected to price which was not originally divulged, requested they reduce price as I had 'half' the dish special, and fact that I was already feeling unwell (I am highly allergic to MSG). I objected to price and fact that I was feeling unwell. After speaking with server, then manager, then owner...I put $26.00 in check folder...covering one glass of wine, salad which I could not eat either, and tip...owner created a scene...reported me to police, and to the client I represent as a consultant (may lose account as a result). If I did not pay the $34...I was going to be charged with a misdemeanor...long story short...ended up in ER two days in a row for food/allergic poisoning...was visited by police at my home a couple of days later, paid the bill phone to avoid arrest & prosecution...now looking for legal representation. Nightmare experience...do not recommend this place. Many other wonderful restaurants to experience in Islamorada!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IrishLass10
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Old Tavernier Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Memorable food, outstanding service but the owner is the antithesis of what a restaurant professional should be. He never smiled, made us feel welcome or even thanked us for coming. We had a party of twelve, spent over $800, and were celebrating a special event, but felt like we were in the way.

Visited March 2014