“A 2 star hotel at a 4 star price”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Very disappointing, room 5. My husband and I went to the Keys to warm up, that was hard to do with no heat in the room and 50s outside. They tried to update the rooms; they should have spent some money on putting a plug in the bathroom so I could dry my hair in the mirror. I jumped in the shower to warm up and all I got was a trickle; I washed my hair in the sink. We didn’t get much sleep, the outside walls are thin and the hotel is on the main drive. I checked prices on line when I booked; this is a 2 star with a 4 star price. Save your money, stay at the H______ Inn.
There is a dock for your boat out back, that must be what we paid for.

Room Tip: Can't help with this, number 5 was noisy.
30  Thank trvlsal0t
German F, General Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review about our property. We extremely apologize that your experience at Creekside Inn Islamorada was not up to your expectations. We are constantly working to make our guests stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

As you mention we do not have heat in the rooms, we do have warmer fans available at the front desk for those few cold days we have here in the Florida Keys, average temperature is usually around the 70's!

Creekside Inn Islamorada was built in the 60's and has seen many storms pass thanks to it's strong concrete walls and structures and like most hotels in the Keys is right off US 1.

Our 3 star hotel is on a great canal front location and offers some of the most competitive rates on the area together with clean, spacious rooms.

Thank you again for your suggestions and we look forward to see you again at Creekside Inn Islamorada.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

First let me start with the good. The hotel is located right on a canal near Islamorada. It is clean and well kept with a restaraunt right on the canal. If you have a boat you can tie right up by your room.

Now for the bad. It is extremely noisy! Between the super loud window airconditioning unit and the road noise I was completely unable to sleep. If I turned the air off and all I heard was the cars going by (and the 7 am construction!) if I kept the air on the noise from that was equally distracting but at least consistent. If you are a light sleeper or used to quiet this could be an issue. The hotel should consider quieter wall units that have heat and air for the rooms and building a sound wall to help block out the noise.

That being said a great number of the places on the keys have this same problem if they are located next to this very busy highway. If you can tolerate the noise it is a good clean, inexpensive place to stay that is well maintained and have your boat right outside your door.

On a final note the office is only open until 8 pm (if that) so make sure you call for any late arrivals or you will have a hard time getting access to your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has access to the canal.
19  Thank RoxyPepper
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We truly value the opinion of our guests and we apologize for any inconvenience you had while staying here.
The construction because of city renovations has been a bit of an inconvenience but I am glad to let you know that it is over! Other than that we are glad that you have had a comfortable experience in our clean, spacious rooms by the water.
Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was a little wary, as some of the reviews I read were not very good, but I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was very spacious, very clean and comfy. Beds were comfy, and we got tons of pillows without having to ask. We also got a kitchenette, which was well appointed. The fridge is new, and spotless. This is a typical beach hotel. You are not going to find much better in the keys without paying a bundle. Front Desk staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The view of the creek from our back door at night was very nice. There were some noisy guests nearby, but they quieted down relatively early, and that can happen anywhere. I recommend the Creekside Inn. BTW, we stayed in room 13. :)

9  Thank 345mercya
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Mercy,

Thank you for writing such a nice review for our property. We value all our guests opinions and are very glad to know that you had a good time.

The rooms at Creekside Inn Islamorada are extremely clean and conveniently furbished, and we are a great value for the price. We certainly are an Old Florida "beach" hotel with more than 1,000 ft of canal front with prime dockage and deep water access, two pools and lounge and barbecue area.

We also have shops, Restaurant / Café, dive, snorkel, paddle board, jet ski and all kinds of water activities available walking distance.

Once again, thank you for your comments and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

It was early evening and dark out when I arrived here. I was exhausted and the Manager at the desk was so sweet and asked me what my preferences were. I told her I needed to have a good nights sleep. She suggested a certain room for me and it was perfect. The outside of the Inn is older so don't let it fool you! The room looked newly remodeled and It was great. When I got up in the morning the sun was just coming up over the canal and the view was spectacular. One mile away is a outside mall with Grocery, Chinese, Italian and Irish restaurants just to name a few. And a Dunkin Donuts. There is a nice Café on site but I had to leave before *am - next time I will make sure to arrange my schedule so I can eat breakfast overlooking canal.! I will definetly go back here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Jean C

Dear Jean,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. You are very sweet!
So glad to know that you had a great night. Here at Creekside Inn Islamorada we work hard every day to offer our guests outstanding hospitality and care. All our rooms have been renovated, with new beds and tropical style furniture, as well as flat screen TV's, microwave, small fridges and FREE WiFi!!
We certainly hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Title says it all. It is not a luxury property, but my room was immaculate. The price for the area was a good value. The property is older, but well maintained and they take pride in their establishment. The location is great plenty of shopping and dining option in the immediate area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Robert C
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Yes, we are a great value for the price and we truly enjoy sharing our passion for the Keys with all our guests. The new shops, café and dive shop next door have been an incredible addition to our beautiful property. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our reservations were for 2 nights and we got delayed and missed the first night. We contacted them at 1030am and was told they couldn't sell the room and we accepted that. We reserved a third night and was supposed to be all set. Our first night was good. Beds are VERY uncomfortable ($49 mattresses). On our second night, the reservation couldn't be found so WE were the ones who had to move into a studio that we couldn't see in advanced and was gouged on pricing. We were told they would take off $40 off but when I called for a price we were charged $40 more than asking price (we paid $199 for a studio). Pricing is a crap shoot and depends who you talk to and I expect a comeback from management on this just as a car salesman would do. The management also physically took all paperwork out of the office so I couldn't get a copy during the usual check-out process....THE MGMNT/OWNERSHIP IS SHADY. I even felt it necessary to take pics of me returning keys bc i felt it's another potential revenue stream for them.
If traveling thru and you don't mind trash under the beds, moldy showers, cheapest towels in town, ants, creaky beds, and going to office for amenities normally found (hair dryer etc), and far over-priced, this place is a must. I will say, the grounds were very nice with a lighted channel, several picnic areas, and a brand new propane gas grill. Outside is great, but the hotel and it's management should be avoided.

• Stayed: December 2013
33  Thank Coastguardsman
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best possible hospitality and service. We have addressed the cleanliness issue as well as spoken with our employees concerning rates misunderstandings. We usually provide our guests with multiple options since we want them to walk happy out the door. Unfortunately the last two weeks of December the hotel was completely sold out and the room options were limited. We do apologize again and hope to see you again in the future. Wishing you the very best!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for five nights over Christmas holidays and it was a very nice stay. Check in was smooth even though our plane was delayed and we didn't arrive until after 1 am. They e mailed us directions how to get in (which we didn't see) and they had posted a note with a phone number to call.

Our room (#9) was spacious and clean. Unlike most, it didn't have a doorway on the parking lot but that was fine. Window space in the room was limited (you can't look out), but the patio outside our door was fabulous. The hotel is right on the canal.

The room was well equipped. The a/c is an old window unit that ran constantly and that could be an issue for some. Didn't bother us. We didn't notice any street noise, even though it is right on a main highway.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a problem with a sticky lock and the young lady at the desk was right on it.

It's an old hotel that the owners work hard to keep updated and clean. It's not a luxury resort, but it's a great value for the price.

Room Tip: Room 9 is good sized
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leonsreed

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We extremely value our customers opinions. Yes, we offer a true value for a great price and we are glad your experience was a delightful one. We truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with all our guests so they walk out the door feeling refreshed. Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Atlantic Bay Resort
#2 of 20 in Key Largo
Dove Creek Lodge
Dove Creek Lodge
#7 of 20 in Key Largo

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!