“One of the better places I have stayed at in the keys!”

Creekside Inn Islamorada
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Positives:Room was clean, AC was cold, good location, room was updated, great view of the channel (we saw 2 manatee's) covered parking

Negatives: Towel rack was broken, small bathroom counter space, not too many channels on tv.

I will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Porschedeller
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your comments about our property!
We work hard every day to make our guests here at Creekside Inn Islamorada feel at home. And we do see manatees, a variety of fishes, iguanas and sometimes a dolphin on a daily basis here at the creek. Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I would not stay at this property again. The hotel's web site indicates a much nicer looking property do not be deceived! We arrived for our 21st anniversary and took our boat. The first surprise was the additional fee to dock the boat outside our room not mentioned in Booking.com or on the Creekside web site. We were charged an extra $35 per night for docking the boat in addition to the room charges after I booked the hotel the staff called me and gave me that news. The room was brand new and clean, but very small. My husband and I couldn't walk past each other unless one of us got on the bed. Property manager, Tamra, moved us to a bigger room same price the next day. Much better! The second surprise was the hotel trying to charge us $15 just to park our boat on the trailer in the empty parking lot because we couldn't launch the first night. I declined to pay that fee. There is no boat launch on site. The hotel staff sent us down the street to the Dive business to launch our boat but they couldn't accommodate us and were very rude. They really don't want people launching there so I was surprised the hotel staff sent us there. Our next option was to launch the boat at Harry Harris Park, a few miles down the road on a Friday. No one was at the guard gate when we arrived so we launched the boat and I drove the truck back to the hotel. When we were leaving on Saturday, we were charged $10 just to use the ramp. Hotel clerk Daniel was very nice and cleaned the bbq grill for us after the previous guest used it. Another confusing problem was the breakfast coupons. We paid $10 per person for breakfast each day. You don't find out that you are only entitled to a basic breakfast of the same food daily until the front desk hands you the coupon with the information on it. I made the mistake of ordering from the menu although the restaurant owner gave me a credit. The basic egg breakfast costs less than the $10 coupon on the menu so I would not recommend you buy the breakfast coupon. The on site restaurant, Made 2 Order, was the best thing about Creekside Inn. The food was fantastic! Staff was great. The pools were not clean so my husband skimmed one pool so we could use it. A small portion of the property was recently renovated. The ice machine was locked most of the time. The rest of the time, it only produced small amounts of ice. We had to get the key from the front desk to get access to the ice machine. The location is good and the staff was very nice. It was great that the boat dock was right outside our door.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review! At Creekside Inn Islamorada we take our Guests comments very seriously and we are always making improvements to make our Guests experiences enjoyable.

I apologize if our fee schedule was not explained properly to you, but as a courtesy to all other Guests parking at the Hotel, only boats or Jet Skies sitting on trailers are subject to a fee. If you decide to dock your boat with us the trailer storage will be included in the dockage fee.

As you can imagine, in a sold out weekend like the one you stayed, the dockage right outside the rooms is a main feature of our property since fishing, diving and all kinds of water sports are the main activities in the Florida Keys. We are lucky to have more and more guests that choose our property for the convenience of having their boat right outside the door and five minutes from the Atlantic Ocean or the Florida Bay.

We are in the process of purchasing two new ice machines to cope with the high demand, but please keep in mind that the ice is for all the Guests convenience and the ice for the boats is extra.

Unfortunately the hotel does not have a boat ramp so we direct our Guests to different places nearby were you can launch your boat. We are very sorry the people at the ramp were rude to you. We have contacted them to make sure this will not happen again with any other Guest.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

German Fucaraccio
Owner

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were at the Creekside In over July 4th weekend. Actually came by boat. The hotel was clean and exactly what we expected. The stall was friendly and went the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. We were able to meet the owner and spent some time talking with us.
I would highly recommend that you take your boat to the Creekside In and you will not be disappointed. Special thanks to Ray(I hope that was his name). At the front desk. He's was friendly and helpful. My only suggestion would be to mount the safes in the rooms. Thank Again Creekside Inn.
Chuck and Tami Czajka

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! It was very nice to meet you and your friends and we are extremely glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. We work hard very day so that all of our guests get to feel pampered and at home while visiting the beautiful Florida Keys. Hope to see you all soon!!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our room was large, clean with 2 beds, refrig, microwave. Dock just outside our door. The only draw back to this room was only 1 plug available for our chargers and it was the clock and tv, so really only 1/2 a plug. Pull your boat right up to the door. They are still updating some rooms but I've stayed in worse. Staff was very friendly and helped me out on a couple of occasions. If you only want the upper scale chain hotels, this isn't it, but was clean, cold a/c and easy find.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimrayoil

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your comments which help us provide a better service all the time.
Creekside Inn Islamorada is a small, clean, affordable and family friendly inn located canal front in the heart of the beautiful Florida Keys. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

my wife and I stayed in their $99.00 special one bed room. It is small but you are in the Florida Keys and we only used the room to sleep in, so it was perfect for us. Very clean, brand new paint on walls, nice bathroom, cold AC, Nice staff. Walking distance to 2 restaurants and cafes, boat and kayak rentals. It is convenient for us because we have our boat across the street at the marina. But I do believe you can also dock your boat on premises. The only negative was that they are currently renovating 2 rooms, so it was a little noisy because there were cutting tiles but this is minor. We will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your positive comments regarding our hotel.
We will share these comments with our staff. Our apology regarding any inconvenience caused by the noise during your stay. as you can see we are constantly making improvements to our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very nice place ... No luxury but it was a very pleasant stay. Dani was very nice us! We had a very nice day by the pool and BBQ at night with Bon fire, the kids really enjoy it, so did we. We will definitely going back there!

• Stayed: June 2014
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and advise us of your experience at our hotel.
We are constantly striving to improve our hotel and appreciate your positive comments.
We will be sure to share your comments with our team at Creekside Inn.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had stayed here a couple of years ago when it was the Keys Inn. I have to say that since it's under new ownership, it's awful, our room was not clean and smelled like an old laundry room (which I think it was an old laundry room converted to a motel room) One window in the entire room and it was inoperable. Staff couldn't decide exactly what they were going to charge me. The nightly rate kept going up the closer we got to our room. Room was very poorly furnished, tv remote also inoperable. Coffee maker did not work and I paid over $200 for the night. Not worth the money!!!! You can find a much nicer place to stay for a lot less a little further down the road. Staff was not at all friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: stay anywhere but here!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nita P

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry if your experience with us was not up to your expectations. We operate Creekside Inn Islamorada as a family business and we like to believe that every Guest becomes part of us while visiting the Florida Keys.

Thanks to your comments we were able to fix a minor problem in the room you were staying and now other Guests can enjoy their stay with ease.

We always remind Guests booking a room with us to watch for our more affordable pricing during weekdays or Sundays, being Saturday so high in demand makes our prices tied with the other hotels around us.

Please accept my invitation to stay with us again**!!. Hope to see you soon!

German Fucaraccio
Owner

** Some restrictions may apply.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Holiday Inn Key Largo
#2 of 20 in Key Largo
MB at Key Largo
MB at Key Largo
#7 of 20 in Key Largo

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!