“Terrible & overpriced place!”

Creekside Inn Islamorada
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Miami
“Terrible & overpriced place!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The rooms have a minimal standard and are completely overpriced. The room reminded me of a garage. There was very little light from a small window and the location is pretty far away from key west. I would NOT recommend to go there!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank VanityFar
German F, General Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank your for your recent review and I apologize for the maintenance issue your experienced with us. I was well aware of the problem, but unfortunately Saturday night the hotel was sold out leaving us with no other room to offer you.

The problem was unexpected and the person I sent to try to solve the problem was not able to fix it without further testing.

We at Creekside Inn Islamorada work really hard so all our Guests have a positive and comfortable experience and besides the courtesy discount given to you at check out, I would like to apologize again.

I sincerely hope you will consider us on your next trip to the Keys.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Genoa, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed at this place about 10 times over the past 3 years, only for convenience, my boat is close by. I will also state that it is well kept, however, there are some serious business issues.

The 1st time I stayed I called office and made reservations by phone and was e-mailed a confirmation. When I arrived, they put us in a smaller room without kitchen. We had a written confirmation of our room having a small kitchen. (stove, refrig, ect.) The manager said the price was too low and the person I reserved room with was no longer working with the company and increase my price.

2nd issue was approx. 3 months ago I made reservations but had an emergency come up so I needed to cancel. They said all sales are final and would not refund my money. This was 10 days before my scheduled arrival. Nearly every hotel in the country lets you cancel before 5 o'clock same day. After talking with supervisor, they gave a one time refund because I was a regular customer. The kicker is, it was during the off season and this place has NEVER been full when I stayed.

3rd issue- Stayed last week and the final time. I was quoted a price of $139.00 per night for wed and thurs. and $189.00 for fri and sat. We paid up through Friday night and told the clerk we would add sat if needed and she said no problem. We decided to stay another day and was charged $229.00 for sat. We found this out on Saturday after we stayed the night. I said I will dispute this. Lastly, we checked out early Sunday and received a call from Hotel saying we only left 1 key behind. They were missing a key. They said they are charging me $250.00. They said this was the cost of replacing the lock. If a thief wanted to get a key, they could go to the local hardware and make a copy for a couple bucks easily. That is why most hotels use programmed cards which are disposable.

I will never again stay at this hotel again and I warn others to not make reservations, always pay at time. They will not be full. Do not leave before 8:00 am until they open so you can hand them the keys. Charging someone $250.00 for a key should be a crime. Very shady business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
19 Thank thomas w
Thank you for your recent review. I want to apologize for the misunderstanding we had have with our rates.

On your next stay if I am not available to answer any question or concerns, please ask the person at the Front Desk for the "Management Folder" and write your request so I can call you and talk with you directly.

At Creekside Inn Islamorada we try to keep our rate schedule in a clear and transparent way to all our Guests, but from time to time in days with a high room demand those prices change on a daily basis. When checking in it is vital to know how many days you are going to stay for you to be able to get the most economical rate. As most hotels, the availability reflects a direct relationship with the price of the room.

Regarding our hotel policies they are very clear concerning our cancellation policies, that is why we have two types of rates available. Non Refundable (the most inexpensive) and Standard Alone (Usually a few dollars more) with 72 hrs. cancellation allowance. This rate was created to offer our Guests more flexibility when making a reservation.

For the security of all our future Guests every time a room key is lost or stolen, unfortunately we are forced to replace all the keys for that room. This is a standard procedure in most of the hotels in this area. I want to personally make sure all my Guests are safe and sound while staying with us and that we have a quiet, secure and comfortable small inn.

Again I apologize for the misunderstanding and I am looking forward to see you and your boat next time.

Travellers are raving about these Tavernier hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent place to stay! You can enjoy various activities all at once. Fishing, relaxing and having a drink and the atmosphere all pleasant. Restaurant is excellent, as well as, pool and bbq area. By far, the best hotel I have stayed at while traveling.

Room Tip: Corner suite is excellent! A must!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Grace C
German F, General Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for this very nice review!! We work hard every day to make all our guests feel comfortable and at home while visiting the beautiful Florida Keys. Hope to see you again soon!!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Positives:Room was clean, AC was cold, good location, room was updated, great view of the channel (we saw 2 manatee's) covered parking

Negatives: Towel rack was broken, small bathroom counter space, not too many channels on tv.

I will stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Porschedeller
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your comments about our property!
We work hard every day to make our guests here at Creekside Inn Islamorada feel at home. And we do see manatees, a variety of fishes, iguanas and sometimes a dolphin on a daily basis here at the creek. Hope to see you again soon!!
Singer Island
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I would not stay at this property again. The hotel's web site indicates a much nicer looking property do not be deceived! We arrived for our 21st anniversary and took our boat. The first surprise was the additional fee to dock the boat outside our room not mentioned in Booking.com or on the Creekside web site. We were charged an extra $35 per night for docking the boat in addition to the room charges after I booked the hotel the staff called me and gave me that news. The room was brand new and clean, but very small. My husband and I couldn't walk past each other unless one of us got on the bed. Property manager, Tamra, moved us to a bigger room same price the next day. Much better! The second surprise was the hotel trying to charge us $15 just to park our boat on the trailer in the empty parking lot because we couldn't launch the first night. I declined to pay that fee. There is no boat launch on site. The hotel staff sent us down the street to the Dive business to launch our boat but they couldn't accommodate us and were very rude. They really don't want people launching there so I was surprised the hotel staff sent us there. Our next option was to launch the boat at Harry Harris Park, a few miles down the road on a Friday. No one was at the guard gate when we arrived so we launched the boat and I drove the truck back to the hotel. When we were leaving on Saturday, we were charged $10 just to use the ramp. Hotel clerk Daniel was very nice and cleaned the bbq grill for us after the previous guest used it. Another confusing problem was the breakfast coupons. We paid $10 per person for breakfast each day. You don't find out that you are only entitled to a basic breakfast of the same food daily until the front desk hands you the coupon with the information on it. I made the mistake of ordering from the menu although the restaurant owner gave me a credit. The basic egg breakfast costs less than the $10 coupon on the menu so I would not recommend you buy the breakfast coupon. The on site restaurant, Made 2 Order, was the best thing about Creekside Inn. The food was fantastic! Staff was great. The pools were not clean so my husband skimmed one pool so we could use it. A small portion of the property was recently renovated. The ice machine was locked most of the time. The rest of the time, it only produced small amounts of ice. We had to get the key from the front desk to get access to the ice machine. The location is good and the staff was very nice. It was great that the boat dock was right outside our door.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your review! At Creekside Inn Islamorada we take our Guests comments very seriously and we are always making improvements to make our Guests experiences enjoyable.

I apologize if our fee schedule was not explained properly to you, but as a courtesy to all other Guests parking at the Hotel, only boats or Jet Skies sitting on trailers are subject to a fee. If you decide to dock your boat with us the trailer storage will be included in the dockage fee.

As you can imagine, in a sold out weekend like the one you stayed, the dockage right outside the rooms is a main feature of our property since fishing, diving and all kinds of water sports are the main activities in the Florida Keys. We are lucky to have more and more guests that choose our property for the convenience of having their boat right outside the door and five minutes from the Atlantic Ocean or the Florida Bay.

We are in the process of purchasing two new ice machines to cope with the high demand, but please keep in mind that the ice is for all the Guests convenience and the ice for the boats is extra.

Unfortunately the hotel does not have a boat ramp so we direct our Guests to different places nearby were you can launch your boat. We are very sorry the people at the ramp were rude to you. We have contacted them to make sure this will not happen again with any other Guest.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

German Fucaraccio
Owner
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were at the Creekside In over July 4th weekend. Actually came by boat. The hotel was clean and exactly what we expected. The stall was friendly and went the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. We were able to meet the owner and spent some time talking with us.
I would highly recommend that you take your boat to the Creekside In and you will not be disappointed. Special thanks to Ray(I hope that was his name). At the front desk. He's was friendly and helpful. My only suggestion would be to mount the safes in the rooms. Thank Again Creekside Inn.
Chuck and Tami Czajka

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
German F, Owner at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! It was very nice to meet you and your friends and we are extremely glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. We work hard very day so that all of our guests get to feel pampered and at home while visiting the beautiful Florida Keys. Hope to see you all soon!!
Ada, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our room was large, clean with 2 beds, refrig, microwave. Dock just outside our door. The only draw back to this room was only 1 plug available for our chargers and it was the clock and tv, so really only 1/2 a plug. Pull your boat right up to the door. They are still updating some rooms but I've stayed in worse. Staff was very friendly and helped me out on a couple of occasions. If you only want the upper scale chain hotels, this isn't it, but was clean, cold a/c and easy find.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimrayoil
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your comments which help us provide a better service all the time.
Creekside Inn Islamorada is a small, clean, affordable and family friendly inn located canal front in the heart of the beautiful Florida Keys. Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,490 reviews
Seafarer Resort and Beach
Seafarer Resort and Beach
#4 of 19 in Key Largo

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!