“Very attentive staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is very quiet and clean! The staff is very nice, and very attentive! The breakfast is always good (just wish we had waffles!), and the hostess is wonderful! Yasmin is always very friendly, very helpful, and keeps a spotless area. The food is great---and coffee really good! We always look forward to seeing her, as she is most helpful, and caring! Holiday Inn Express Tampa Telecom Park is lucky to have her, and we are blessed to know her. We definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The floors are quiet, despite children in the hotels. If you had a problem, they no doubt would work...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn W
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you Carolyn for the awesome review of our hotel here at the Holiday Inn Express Tampa North. We really appreciate such a high praise and recommendation, and are so glad you took the time out to recognize one of our best employees in Yasmin. She has been here for long time and really takes pride in what she does, and is one of the major keys to our success. I am glad that she seemed to make a great impression on you. Thank you again Carolyn and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Upon arrival we were greeted with a big smile and a warm welcome, we went to our room to find it spotless clean! :) Later that night we had had some questions and went to the front desk employee Robert, he was very helpful and had a huge smile with a awesome personality. My only downer is when I called to make reservations the night auditor told me you were located within 15-20 minuets from the beach, not true! It's an hour to Clearwater beach. Overall we had a wonderful stay and enjoyed ourselves. Definitely will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2014
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you Jondavis95 for the great review of our property. Robert is really going to get a kick out of seeing his name mentioned on Tripadvisor, he is great at what he does and we are so glad you were able to recognize him. As for Clearwater beach, I apologize that you received some misinformation as you mentioned it being an hour away. Again thank you very much for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a four day mini vacation with our kids and grandchildren. Pool and hot tub were great. We stayed in the King suites which suited our needs. Rooms were very clean and all the staff was extremely efficient and pleasant. We have stayed at this site before and we will certainly stay again in the future.
Breakfast was enjoyed by all. The little ones loved the yogurt and the cinnamon rolls were yummy!

Room Tip: We decided on the king suites as we had 2 adults and 2 kids in each room. These rooms had 2 tv'...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you Maryanne B for the review of our property. I see that you have stayed with us multiple times so you already knew what room type was best for you. The staff has worked very hard to be more efficient to go along with their great customer service skills, so it's great you were able to recognize it. Of course if you are going to stay at a Holiday Inn Express you have to have a Cinnamon Roll, so it seems you were able to take advantage of the whole experience. We will see you next time you’re in Tampa.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have been in your hotel since May 19,2014 to current due to a family member being in Moffat cancer center. Not only have your staff been accommodating but they ask us everyday how thongs were at the hospital today and were we ok. We especially would like to point out two people who have been exceptional. One is asking in the breakfast room. Every morning she greets us with a smile on her face and a good morning,how are you! She also keeps the dining room spotless and completely stocked. It's truly nice to have someone like her to start off our morning when the rest of the day you know will be trying. Then there is Charles at the front desk who always greets us with a smile knowing we've had a trying day. He has been a blessing to know and is truly dedicated to his clients. I will always reccommend holiday inn express north to all my friends and business associates. The entire staff is dedicated and truly appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Wow sassyjan, Thank you so much for the great review of our property. At the Holiday Inn Express Tampa North we understand the sensitive nature of our Moffitt guests staying with us and we try our best to make you feel welcome as many guests are here for extended periods of time. I am so glad you were able to recognize two employees who have gone above and beyond during your stay in Yasmin and Charles, they will really appreciate the mention. We hope that after your stay with us this time that next time you can come for leisure and enjoy our hotel without the unfortunate circumstances. Again thank you very much for the review and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed on what is most likely the busiest weekend of the year, which may or may not be fair for this review, but it's my experience and I need to write what went right and what went wrong.

It began when we first checked in just after 3PM, they assigned us a first floor. They didn't have a record of our request for a 1st floor, even though we always ask for a 2nd floor or higher. Instead of attempting to accommodate us, or at the very least apologize, they only said they are all booked and there was nothing they could do. Needless to say the first night's sleep was almost non-existent as I'm a light sleeper because of light and of course our room was near one of the outside lights. Also, even though they have choices of firm or soft pillows for each guest, they were soft and softer. I asked the next day if I could get a firm pillow and was told that's all they had.

The first morning, we went for breakfast and of course, with a fully booked hotel there were no seats and the server couldn't keep up with the demand of food. In my opinion, the hotel should've been able to get someone to help, particularly because one table was taken by an employee who works overnight and another table was taken by two people from corporate. That's right - a totally booked hotel, a busy weekend, at the height of the breakfast rush and two tables are taken by other than paying guests and they were all enjoying breakfast! My husband had to ask for biscuits three times, they were ready the next morning.

The next part is not entirely the hotels fault, but there was a very bad storm in the area that lingered for about 2 hours. We were basically stuck in our hotel room because it was raining so hard we couldn't go out. There were no seats because everyone else was also sitting around. The roads were blocked because of the heavy rains, so we were all "trapped". My husband and I were particularly trapped because of the lack of seats around the lobby and the breakfast room, the business center being busy and the fitness room busy, we stayed in our room except for the few times we left the room to make phone calls because neither of our cell phones worked in the room. And because we were on the first floor, we kept the curtains closed so we could have some privacy. The storm totally knocked out the already extraordinarily slow internet and basically left us nothing to do while we just waited for the storm to pass.

The pool was pretty to look at, but the first time we went out, we got locked out of the hotel. You need your key to access the door, but the lock wasn't working. We learned to leave a rock in the door, so that it didn't happen again - this was true even during the day.

On our second day, we got up for breakfast and faced the crowd once again. The big whigs were gone, but still, the server had a hard time keeping up. We were afforded the luxury of using thermos' of milk and half and half for coffee the day before instead of those annoying little cups. When we asked the server if she had the thermos', she replied she didn't have them. We mentioned that we used them the day before. She replied that was out for the inspection. (Hmmmmmm)

To be fair, it's a lot of little things that forces me to give this stay such a poor rating. Our room was clean and decorated nicely and it was a good rate. But the staff was rude and dismissive, the breakfasts were poorly stocked and attended to and of course with hotel staff taking our place, just irks me. The location is a good one for anyone staying for a visit to USF.

Tip: Try the gelato place in the shopping center - it was magnificent. Shame on the Holiday Inn for not allowing them to advertise - they share the same parking lot. Also, for the adventurer's with a bit of time - take a trip to Lettuce Lake (a nature preserve) just on the other side of the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor or higher. There are landscaping lights everywhere on the outside and no privacy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NorJon713
MANAGERHIX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you NorJon713 for the review of our property here at the Holiday Inn Express Tampa North. First off you are exactly right you stayed with us on the busiest time of the year here during USF graduation, not only that we were also going through our IHG corporate Inspection at the same time. There were a lot of things going on here that are not usually part of the norm and it seems we fell short of your expectations in some ways, as for the request to be on a specific floor this is something that we should have been able to accommodate or at the very least explain why we could not as you said and I would like to apologize for this confusion. The pillows are in fact the only two types that we have and are the IHG requirement for the "firm & soft" pillows here at the hotel.

The breakfast area is something that we usually do not face many issues with as if we need to we can use our Meeting Room as extra seating but it was actually occupied during this specific date. As for an employee & two members of corporate being in the breakfast area, I believe this is in reference to myself who was sitting with the IHG Inspector which is also part of the requirements.

As for our staff being "rude" this is something that I have never heard them described as since I have been present at this hotel. On this specific day there was a lot of things going on causing the atmosphere to be a little frantic but as for hotel staff being in breakfast that was only me and the IHG representative going over our standards to better serve our guests in the future.

The Gelato place next to us is only been open a few weeks and did not have any collateral for us to promote their facility with at the time, as we have this information now.

Overall, I wish there was a way I could have spoken to you regarding these issues during your stay and came up with a plan to improve the quality of your stay but I am glad you could find some positives including our rate and cleanliness and hopefully that will led to you giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Good hotel to stay if you have a tight budget. Located near busch gardens but far away from tampa bay and malls. Average staff attention. Clean rooms with good size but needs to be updated. Enough parking available and brochures of the main attractions available.

• Stayed: February 2014
MANAGERHIX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you alvaropb for the review of the Holiday Inn Express Tampa North. I appreciate the acknowledgement of our fairly priced hotel and that our rooms were clean and staff was attentive. Being located in North Tampa is somewhat detrimental for some of the malls and shops for Tampa but at the same time it is nice to be located in a quite area away from all the noisy downtown areas. Again thank you for taking some time out to give a review of our property here.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am not sure how this hotel gets a high rating. Upon arrival it is connected to a strip shopping center that almost vacant. The hotel grounds are unkept and the area distance but very quiet.

I checked in and the room quality was pretty poor. Stains in the carpet and lots of stains in the sofa. The headboard bolted to the wall was loose and the bed was not that comfortable.

The bathroom has peeling and really bad patched wallpaper. The sink stopper was broken and just placed in place by the housekeeper. Crumbs on the floor around the bed and sofa. I picked this hotel because of the TripAdvisor score but it just does not match. Front Desk staff was nice but no one else in the hotel seem to speak english.

Room Tip: The location is not near restaurants so get your dinner before checking in or you will have to take...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear OurExtendedStay, I appreciate your review of our property and I want to first apologize that we failed to meet your standards. The Holiday Inn Express Tampa North has had an incredible online reputation for a long time and we want to keep it that way. We pride ourselves in providing great customer service and cleanliness in our hotel and as it seems we did a good job with customer service we missed that mark in the cleanliness department. I don't believe that your recent trip to stay with us truly does us justice as you can see many of our past reviews have been very satisfying. If you would like to contact me here at the hotel maybe we can have you come stay with us in the future and give us another chance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park? Share your experiences!