All reviews busch gardens front desk moffitt cancer center hot breakfast nice hotel yogurt hot tub tampa elevator refrigerator pros television channels convenience cons
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It is my perfect hideaway when I am in the Tampa area. The staff is pleasant. I love that it is centrally located to the major highways. It is a great place for a business traveler to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ThereseP339
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel around 9 pm Friday night. I’m a Platinum IHG member. I have preferences on my profile when booking my stays. I booked my stay 10 months ago.

When I checked in no acknowledgment of being an IHG member. Then I asked for a higher floor room and they stated all rooms are taken. Then I mentioned that I was a platinum member and she finally said oh thank you for being a member and gave me two water bottles.

The following morning my husband tried to call the front desk to find out what time breakfast was being served since no information about the time was given at check in and no pamphlets in the room. No one was answering so he decided to go to the front desk and found the staff sitting in the corner with headphones on.

The room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi StAuggie12,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for providing us a review and for being our valued IHG Rewards Club Platinum member. I am glad to know you liked the cleanliness of our hotel. On the other hand, I am sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during check-in and the service you received from our staff. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Anthony M

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We love this hotel they were super friendly and went out of their way to help you. We came down from Michigan to originally stay at another Holiday Inn and they overbooked and sent us to this hotel for a night at their expense. The next day instead of going back to our original hotel we asked if we could just stay there for the remainder of our stay (10 days) and they set it all up and moved our reservation for us. They have a wonderful breakfast selection with many choices and when you come down a little late the breakfast lady will still try to help you within reason like some milk or a cup of yogurt. They even helped me set up a ride from lyft or uber to help us go to Busch gardens with my son. I would defiantly stay here again and highly recommend.
there is a juice/coffee shop in the same parking lot and a Chinese restaurant also so if your in the mood for a snack its super close.

Room Tip: we were on the fourth floor and it was very quiet on that floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Before I came here, I looked at the tripadvisor reviews and all the ratings were good so I had decided to check it out but now I regret it. When I checked in, the guest relations girl named Leigh saw me but had to get the guy on duty (her boss), Mike, to check me in because she didn't want to and/or pretended to be busy doing something. Mike checked me in quickly and I went to the room. The room had two double/queen sized beds for one person but I guess that's what I reserved so it's all good. I sit down on the comfortable chair and put my laptop on the desk and these ants just come out of nowhere which was surprising to say the least. Comfortable soft beds for a good night's rest with an ant bite overnight then sat down on the desk again to do some reading and an attack of ants so I had it and went out for the day. I notified the front desk and they said they would change rooms for me which was nice but it seems they know they have a problem of this nature so it should have been dealt with properly so another guest does not have to endure the same thing so I moved all my things out to the new room. This is where it gets funny when I go down there and asked one person why am I being switched to a handicapped room and it took not one but three people to see what kind of room it was when I clearly told them it was a handicapped room and three people said it was not and when I told them it was, they speculated by saying it was not and there were other handicapped rooms but when I told them there was a handicap button access on the outside, they still vehemently stated it was not so I left it at that. After I came back from the day's activities, I was greeted by another tall person with glasses greeting me friendly and gave me my package and this time Leigh managed to break out a smile. This hotel has one elevator only and the hot water takes time to become hot so another down point. Everything else seemed okay but my handicapped room seemed very small considering the room between the chair and second bed was close, it is very clear that the room was not as big as it was and the room is clearly handicapped. A reasonable explanation such as "that's the only type of room for the price you paid is available" would have been a good answer but the simple fact is took 3 people to look at a computer and tell me the room is different than what I stated-I know common sense is minimal in Florida and using logic is also a bit off, but may I suggest taking a course in customer service and having better rebuttals. Stephanie is new and very helpful and actually made the entire customer interaction experience good. My housekeeper Judy was cool and very friendly. The area is quiet which served my purposes, nearby to restaurants, hospitals, attractions such as Busch Gardens and academics such as USF, gas stations, and interstate 75. The refrigerator was sufficient in keeping things cold and there is ample lighting on the desk and nightstand with sufficient storage space. Do something about the slow hot water and clean working bathroom. The pantry was another downside with minimal items and needs to be stocked much better and plentiful. The overall stay was not worth it at all value, service, and convenience plus the carpets are dated and need to be cleaned and updated.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Knighttravelmd,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your feedback. I am glad to read you have acknowledged the excellent service received from one of our Front Desk staff, Stephanie, and the housekeeping service from Judy. It is also nice to know that you found the location of the hotel convenient to your needs. However, we apologize the condition of the rooms provided and some of the staff service fell below your expectation. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary actions will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I arrived at this seemingly lovely hotel on 7 September 2017. I was placed on the fourth for per my request. The room was really quite lovely. The people at the desk were friendly enough. On television it was noted that a hurricane was coming in.
This hotel was noted to be one of the shelters. Well on the 9th day torrential rains arrived.
Really no hurricane in this area. The electricity went out.....no back up generators. No battery operated lights in the stair wells. No real arrangements for the disable.
This hotel should be investigated by OSHA. It was a hazard not a shelter. No real security. No trying to get guest to places safer.
I called the electric company and they arrived within 2 hours. Only 3 front office staff members were friendly and helpful and they were not the supervisor who seemed clueless. Pretty place but until they replace management there I stayed elsewhere.

Room Tip: Single females stay away. Allegded criminal
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank diam0nd65
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hi diam0nd65,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about the service issues you experiences on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D