“Great home away from home”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Awesome view, great food, comfy beds and perfect location. The staff really tried to do everything they could to make every guest happy. The only negative is the pool is very small so would not recommend if this is primary reason for staying at a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is consistent with what I have come to expect from the brand. Standard decor and amenities including a restaurant, pool, fitness room/equipment, etc. I found this location to be no exception. During my stay they were in the process of repainting and upgrading the decor of the lobby area and conference rooms. It was mostly unobtrusive. I had a nice stay with no irregularities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I always tell people Im baised as Hilton Gold Member, thus I always feel comfortable at most properties, but not all are equal.

I always find Hilton Gardens properties very comforatble, great set up, this was no exception.

All good, great looking property, but why the review, great staff from top to bottom!
I checked in later than usual, yet they had a room with my standard preferences, and also provided room off highway, although hotel is extremely quiet everywhere.
From the folks at front desk, manager on duty, to the staff next morning in dining area, al ltop notch, friendly, true pleasure.

This hotel is just off I75, just a few miles from USF, Busch gardens,e tc, very quiet area, more corporate setting, space to walk around, a few shops nearby, such as Starbucks, etc, If you want walking distance to restaurants or campus, you would want to stay elsewhere, but nice setting, and just a five minute drive to all of the above.

Room Tip: the rear of hotel faces highway, front is parking area, but the porperty is so quiet, windows so sou...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tony15230
TPAVE, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North for your recent visit to our area. I know you have many lodging choices, and I appreciate your trusting us to take care of you. It's gratifying to receive great responses to the electronic survey, not everyone takes the time to share their experience. Our team works hard to ensure our guests feel welcomed and valued as a VIP.

I hope you will return soon and give us the privilege of being your hosts here in North Tampa. Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions or if I can assist you in any way.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just complete our 4th stay at this property in 2013--need I say more?! STAY HERE WITH CONFIDENCE!!

Mindy and Krystal both recognized me by name at arrival, as did all of the restaurant staff. My son visited and chose USF earlier this year, had an orientation in June, we moved him in August, then we just had a "family/football weekend" with him in Sept. I noticed staff recognizing many other guests...not just us. Customer service is clearly a top priority, which says a lot about a property and management. Lobby renovations are under way and look really nice and the new A/C units in the rooms are efficient and quiet!

This HGI has all the comforts while you're traveling: comfy & clean room and beds, high quality bath products, nice linens, clean pool, laundry, workout room, free Wi-Fi, office center if you don't have your computer, small shop for necessities or snacks. All rooms have a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The restaurant puts out a great breakfast and is open late for eat-in or room service. Also the proximity to highway, restaurants, shopping, USF, hospitals and Busch Gardens cannot be beat. Thanks again, HGI Tampa North, we will be back!

Room Tip: East side rooms have nice green view. If the parking lot seems full, try the south side and enter t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mamamooch
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn by Busch Gardens totally by chance and were surprisingly impressed. Although they were going through renovations the attitude and professionalism by the staff, especially the restaurant, more than made it a great experience.

We had breakfast there and had a great buffet, including made to measure omelets for about the same price as going to Ihop with all drinks included.
The staff was upbeat and eager to please especially the manager. He entertained us with his challenging the chef( an incredible lady named Marcia) to make the best omellette, which she did. Even had fresh spinach in it. Breakfast itself was an attraction for me and my family. It was nice to be greeted with smiling professional employees that worked flawlessly as a unit.

WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

As we were in the car, on the way to the hotel, after a long day, the kids informed us that they refused to sleep in the same bed...grrrrrr. The hotel staff was nice enough to give us a 'free' upgrade to a large room that also had a (very uncomfortable) pull out couch. The room was decent but it must have been a handicap room...which normally would be a good thing but the shower was horrible! The shower-head did not move hit from the side wall all the way against the curtain. For someone short like me, I was literally in the curtain in order to have the down spray of the shower-head actually reach me...yuck. There was another shower head that you 'should' be able to move around your body but it wouldn't turn on...just a small dribble of water came out. Frustrated and tired, I resigned myself to taking water from the shower-head and using my hand, splash it on my body. Couldn't wait to get home and take an actual shower!!

Then we get home...and there is a $20 fee...now we have to call...this should be interesting :(

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
David M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Jenn G,
Thank you for staying with us. I understand that family travel can be a challenge, and I'm sorry that the room you stayed in did not offer the kind of experience you have come to expect from the Hilton family of hotels. Your complete satisfaction is my goal - please contact me directly so I can make this right:
david.mcconnell@hilton.com

David McConnell
Acting General Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before our flight home from Fl. The room was booked for a good price through the Priceline bidding process. We just selected this area, along with a few others, because of the close proximity to Tampa airport. The hotel and rooms were clean an updated. Staff were courteous. The room we had was a fair size and the bedding was comfortable. Parking and wifi were free. I would consider staying here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Busch Gardens Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North? Share your experiences!