Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbusch gardensfront deskbush gardensmoffitt cancer centerclean roomsrestaurant staffbreakfast stafffitness centercomfortable stayeasy accessvery nice hotelgreat place to stayhot tubconvenient locationshuttle servicestaff was very friendly and helpfulfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The front desk staff was very nice and courteous but the cleaning crew was rude and unfriendly. The cleaning crew acted like they did not want to help when we asked for clean towels for the restroom. I tried to be courteous but they still looked like they hated their job.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice location, felt safe for me and my daughter and her friend. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but observed everyone who did was happy with food/service. Nice outside patio area, pool was nice with skimpy towels available. Hot tub was not functioning, air conditioner for hallway on 2nd and 3rd floors were not functioning, room air was fine. Room was clean/comfortable with fridge/coffee. Shower had hot/cold water at a decent pressure. We arrived at 9:30am and were allowed early check-in. Requested/needed 2 beds and was assigned a King bed twice before actually getting what we needed. Everyone working here was very nice. We did enjoy our stay, cookies and fruit water in the evening was nice, as well as coffee/tea with flavored creamers in the morning with a USA Today.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the convenience of being near Busch Gardens/Adventure Island. It was the perfect location for us. The area is great and the service is really was impressed me. The front desk was kind and helpful. We got in after a long day at the theme parks, so we did not want to leave the hotel for dinner. Therefore, we ate at the Lobby Restaurant and were very pleased with the service and the quality of the food. Very very good! Our room was fresh and clean and perhaps next time we'll stay a little longer and enjoy the pool because it looked very nice and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kaysaliz R
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our stay over the July 4th holiday weekend was good which says a lot since the hotel was full. However, be aware that there are no in-room safes -- you will have no way to secure your valuables while away from your room and in Florida you really don't want to leave expensive electronic devices in 150 degree cars in the parking lot of some tourist attraction where thieves like to prowl.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for the past 3 nights to celebrate the 4th of July at Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. The reason I chose this hotel is because if its close proximity to the parks, it's complimentary shuttle service to the parks and it's hotel brand. The complimentary shuttle service was great EXCEPT they only have 11 seats on the van and you need to reserve days in advance. Something we were not told about when we checked in. So when I tried to get my party of four reserved on the shuttle in the morning it was completely booked up until the afternoon. When I tried to RSVP the next day it was completely booked up again. This was one of our main reasons to stay here and avoid the $17 parking fee at the park. Very disappointing. So I would suggest you try to RSVP your shuttle time (runs on the hour all day until 9 pm) a day or so before your trip or at least the day of and book it for all the days you are there. Also, know that the summer park hours extend AFTER 9 pm. The Summer Nights shows/concerts and fireworks do not end until after 9:30 pm. So you won't be able to take the shuttle back if you stay until the end. You will need a cab or drive/park. We stayed on the top floor (6th) and while the a/c wasn't working in the hallway due to maintenance the rooms had fully functioning a/c so that aspect didn't concern me. The hotel had a sign when checking in about it. They would have put us on a different floor if that bothered us. Rooms were mostly clean but it was starting to show a bit of age, doors dirty (need repainting). My boys pointed out a red splatter on the wall underneath the corner of the floor length mirror asking if it was blood. Uh that was a bit disconcerting. I reported it to the hotel and they tried their best to remove it by the time we got back. Otherwise the room cleaning was fine (no other issues). You are supplied with shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. So bring your own mouthwash, sewing kit, toothpaste, etc (if you were expecting that supplied). The room has its own Keurig with tea, coffee (decaf and regular), microwave and mini fridge. No balconies for any of the rooms. The hotel had nice amenities. The pool was good-sized with a hot tub. Water was heated and pool towels provided (although size of hand towels). Pool definitely needs to be remodeled. Chunks of the side were broken off making it a safety hazard if you accidentally hung on to that side of the pool. But overall the pool and deck were adequate. We had the breakfast buffet 2 of the days there. Excellent and worth the $10 for adult and $6 per child. The chef makes everything to order (omelettes, waffles, pancakes, any style eggs, French toast). I had a veggie stuffed egg white omelette that was the best one I ever had! The buffet has scrambled eggs, bacon, flat sausage patties, sausage rolls, oatmeal, grits, a lot of various fresh fruit cut up, yogurts, cereals, assorted breads, bagels, assorted FRESH pastries (her homemade cinnamon scones are to die for), fresh juices, great coffees and teas (coffee and teas are complimentary regardless). Great service and food! We didn't have lunch or dinner there but it was offered on certain days. They have a bar open from 5-10 pm and was definitely busy last night. The dining area, lounge areas (inside and out) were very nice and updated. It was raining too much to take advantage of the outdoor lounge areas. Loved the warm cookies and Hilton's signature refreshing water with cut up fruit in the evening. Overall we had a good experience and would stay again now that we know what to expect.

Stayed: July 2014