“Good food, amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Fayetteville, New York
“Good food, amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had not been to a Carrabba's in a few years and was not going into this one with high hopes, I simply was in the mood for pasta. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by not only extremely good food, but amazing service.

I had Josh as my server, during his training period to boot, and he did a fantastic job. He made some mistakes, like leaving mushrooms on my dish when I asked for no mushrooms, but he more than made up for it in friendliness, personality and timeliness. He did not hesitate to make menu suggestions and did a fantastic job following up. Honestly, had he not told me, and less the rookie mushroom mistake (oh, and he forgot to include a pen to sign the credit slip), I would have thought he had worked there for years. That really was some of the best service that I have had in a long time.

The spicy shrimp appetizer (I forget what they call it, but it is their take on Bonefish's bang-bang shrimp) was amazing. The pasta and the chicken were both cooked perfectly and full of flavor, I could not have been more pleased. In fact, for the first time in a long time, I waaaaaay over ate.

Honestly, if you are anywhere near this place, go. It really is great food and great service; well worth the trip. I will certainly be back if I am ever in the Tampa area again, and with any luck, I will get Josh again.

Pros
1. Fantastic food
2. Fantastic service
3. Reasonable prices
4. Good atmosphere
5. Friendly staff

Cons
Surprisingly, I have none for this place

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Upstate NY
“Great service and very nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Surprise!!! Not a lover of chain restaurants I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of service and the good dinner I had. Our server was always available and 100% accurate in her work I ordered a special of lobster ravioli and 6 oz. sirloin steak that included a nice helping of broccoli and salad with an Internet coupon for $12.

The salad came first and it was a Ceasar. The dressing, although not authentic Caeser as there were no anchovies nor raw egg, was tasty and the Romaine was fresh and crisp.

My entree came and I declared that the "sirloin" was the best I ever had. Tender, hot, perfectly seasoned and cooked medium as requested. It turned out to be a filet mignon that was mistakenly put on my plate. I do wonder how the sirloin would have tasted but, I was very please with my filet.

Three lobster ravioli were on my plate with the steak and they were good. Not excellent. The broccoli side was cooked and seasoned to perfection. I was very pleased that a real vegetable was served with my meal.

The house wine, a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, was not dry as I expected and was decanted into a pitcher instead of served from the bottle. I assume the wine is a bulk purchase.

• Visited June 2014
New York
“Delicious and Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. We had a party of sixteen and our server, Joseph handled our large party beautifully. He was very kind and attentive.

The menu selection is wonderful and everyone including the children were more than satisfied. Everyone said what they had was delicious and the fresh bread was a big hit. We also had children with severe allergies in our party and they were accommodated as well. We will definitely return to this restaurant the next time we are in Tampa.

• Visited April 2014
Tampa, Florida
“The standard for food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Another amazing experience at one of favorite restaurants. This was a family visit to celebrate a birthday. We arrived early, so there was no wait for a table. Our waiter Vinnie was excellent and he knew all about each entree. I had my usual chicken Bryan which is always amazing. Just the perfect amount of goat cheese for a perfect blend with the chicken. My wife had the Spiedino De Mare, which is a great seafood dish. Vinnie made sure we were never thirsty and always had fresh warm bread. The price was moderate for such a great meal.

Visited February 2014
Lutz, Florida
“Quality food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Went with a group of friends after work for drinks and dinner. Got the Chicken Pollo Rosa Maria. Chicken was not over cooked and the sauce was not too salty . I had sautéed spinach with garlic and it was tender, plenty of garlic. The sausage lentil soup has a little " kick " to it but not too spicy. Our server was pleasant and attentive. Very good experience !

• Visited January 2014