“Fun island hang out”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun island hang out”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place is a very mixed crowd where pretty much all are welcome. The beer is cold and the drinks are good. The only complaint is it can get a little smokey, but there is an outside place to sit if that is not your thing. If you want to drink three or so beers and live on the island, it is just a short walk home. They also do not serve food here, but you will find sometimes people from the island bring stuff in for a party or the local Chinese restaurant brings in their tasty Crab Ragoon.

People obviously come here to have fun, let loose, and chill out. I really enjoy it.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Kornellius

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Need to up their game!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I have lived in Tierra Verde for 20 years and have watched this once excellent bar decline and go down hill year on year. The staff, particularily one called Sandy would appear to be constantly drugged to the eyeballs, maybe just drunk but never the less, so rude and unpleasant that I just never want to never step foot in the place again. The atmosphere is one of decline and the air is thick with smoke. I took my mother in here and she was so disgusted she insisted that we leave immediately. On doing so, the staff just laughed at us. I have no idea who currently owns this once brilliant establishment but I suggest he goes back to charm school and tries again.

6 Thank Peter H
Lansing, Michigan
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Great little watering hole”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stopped by this place every night while camping at Desoto Park. Prices were the best around and people there and staff were very welcoming. We even watched the ball drop here. Place is nothing special but is large enough, decent jukebox, and bartenders were all great to us. We cycled in and had a fun time with each visit.Many of the regulars are hospitality employes that we had seen at nearby places so it was fun to talk with them also.

Visited January 2012
Blaine, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sunday fun day with Jace!!!!”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I havent been there for some time now But I am finally here to let you know that the staff is 2nd to none. All of the employees were the best and reccomended the best shots in the world. Great place to hang out. I met a bunch of employees from the restaurant next door called Billys. I remember saying this name all night..........PEEEEEEEEEEEETE!!!!
Anyway, great by boat too. They sell liquor to go!!!!!WOW

Visited November 2011
1 Thank MNJOE
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Expensive and unfriendly.”
Reviewed 29 April 2011

What once was "Cheers" is now over priced and wants to cater to the "elite".
It is a tavern, nothing more or nothing less.
The help is mostly unfriendly, slow, and spends most of their time visiting and sitting with the regulars.
They do not appear to want the early crowd, and most of the "old timers" have gone elsewhere for more friendly treatment and lower prices.
What once was an early bar where friends could meet now opens at noon.

Visited April 2011