I don’t know of any other Residence Inns that are truly beachfront, so when I found this one I was intrigued. The Marriott website gives you plenty of pictures but very little details on the layout, arrangement, proximity to the beach and so forth. Since things were not very clear I decided to go and reconnoiter the property myself. The first thing I found is that the property is composed of two separate buildings that are connected to each other. The building closest to the beach contains the studios and one-bedroom suites. The furthest one contains the two and three bedroom suites and the lobby. None of the rooms actually face the beach, even though about four rooms have a window that looks out to the beach. Depending on whether you’re facing the north or the south side the rooms have balconies that will allow you to see that part of the beach. The building is a little strange also. When you arrive, the front lobby is on the second floor. Parking is on the ground floor, which includes underneath the building. The pool is somewhat small for such a large property but who needs a pool when you can walk over to the beach. When I think beachfront I normally assume that it’s just a couple of yards stroll to get to the water. Treasure Island Beach as all other beaches in this area are quite wide, so you have to do a little bit more walking but yes, it is still beachfront, meaning no roads pass between the beach and the property.
Now that I knew the lay of the land I booked a one-bedroom suite for two nights. It was located on the third floor on the north side. Surprisingly enough it had a very nice view. The two and three-bedroom suites that are located farther back have a balcony that faces towards the beach but since it’s much further back it has a somewhat limited view. At the lower floors you see more parking lot than beach. I can tell you from prior experiences at other Residence Inns that this suite was much, much larger in comparison. It had a much larger and more confortable kitchen which was closer to standard house size, a much larger living room with dining area and a much larger master bedroom with a king size bed. In short this felt like a real apartment and not like an efficiency. If you need an oven for your stay please make sure you ask for one prior to arriving as not all units have ovens. This suite had two separate balconies, one outside the living room and the other outside the bedroom. I really loved that fact that the bathroom has two entrances, one from the hallway and a private entrance from the bedroom. The dining room table seats four people comfortably and the kitchen was very well equipped for dining of up to four people. Overall I have to say that this was an outstanding suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island offers outstanding suites and a great location. Our guests love the service and the extra amenities that we provide at our hotel in Treasure Island, Florida, such as free breakfast, free high speed internet and luxurious suites with energy efficient stainless steel appliances in fully-equipped kitchens. Plus, all suites have a large balcony overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott St. Petersburg / Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Residence Inn St Petersburg
- Residence Inn Treasure Island
- Marriott Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Marriott
- Treasure Island Residence Inn
- Residence Inn By Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island Florida