and 1 more site!
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great find here. Right on the beach. Great facilities. Wonderfully helpful, energetic and caring staff. Spotlessly clean. Great value with breakfast, free parking, beach access.
We were here off season so when fully occupied this may be a different experience, but ours was just great.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tallmantraveling49
EricaBerlepsch, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate your positive review and are so glad to hear we were able to provide you with a memorable experience! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Sunny Wishes,

Erica Berlepsch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I just stayed here while on a business trip. The hotel was so nice and it was smack dab on the beach. I stayed on the 5th floor with an ocean view, just spectacular. The room was so nice and spacious. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on the gulf. The breakfast was good. They also have happy hours/food on Mon - Wed Nights from 5-6pm. It's about a 35-40 min drive to Tampa Airport which isn't bad. Well done Marriott!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor or above. You want to be facing the ocean. I stayed in room 508, it was...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BostonChik85
EricaBerlepsch, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor!

The Residence Inn by Marriott, Treasure Island is a great hotel to relax for vacation or take in a great Gulf View while on business. We work to meet the needs of all our guests and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and view!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again real soon to the sunny shores of Treasure Island!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived in treasure island after an 8 hour drive with reservations at another hotel where we discovered they did not allow pets. So rather than disown our 8lb Gorky, Lenny, with the help from a staff member of the unnamed hotel, we we're put in contact with the Residence Inn. They welcomed Lenny with dog bowl of water and milk bones, which he greatly appreciated (as did we)
Front desk couldn't have been nicer. We were asked sunrise or sunset? We chose sunset and arrived at our two room suite with balconies off both bedroom and living room gazing out at the beach and of course, sunset. Very nice. Rooms were spacious with well equipped kitchen. Nice comfortable chairs with tables on balconies. Great place to enjoy a glass of wine with cheese and crackers waiting for the end of the day (or anytime)
Complimentary breakfast was outstanding. Cold cereals, fresh fruits and yogurt plus several hot food choices plus gallons of coffee topped off a great stay.
Lenny can't wait to return!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick A
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor!

The Residence Inn by Marriott, located on Treasure Island realizes that sometimes, a vacation is just not a vacation, without the company of our furry family friends. Therefore, we are pet friendly! We allow our pets to visit and stay with our guests. Our pet policy requires a one time nonrefundable fee of $100.00. We request that our pet occupied rooms, be on the 2nd and 3rd floor and upon check in, you'll see that we offer a bowl for water and treats. While pets are not allowed on the beach, our great location offers a mile long sidewalk, that is adjacent to the beach.

We are so glad that we were able to retrieve your vacation and welcome you and Lenny with open arms! We look forward to welcoming you back real soon to the sunny, pet friendly shores of Treasure Island.

Sunny Regards,
Macon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a suite during Thanksgiving week, which is an expensive time to stay there. Nevertheless, we found it to be very good. Nice view of the water, very friendly and amiable staff. This rubs off on the guests, who are also friendly. They are very prompt in meeting your needs, and the cleaning staff did more than we expected. Overall, a very satisfying stay.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank mwpflash65
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor!

The Residence Inn by Marriott, Treasure Island is one of two Marriott Properties located directly on the beach, on the entire west coast of Florida. Our desirable location makes us a very popular place to be. Our rates will depend upon availability and will vary throughout the year. We offer Studio, One, Two and Three Bedroom suites, and every rate includes complimentary breakfast, coffee, beach front pool/spa access, fitness center, parking and access to our lobby bar, serving beer and wine daily! We provide the Resort "feel" without all of the Resort fees and prices.

We thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott, Treasure Island for your most recent Holiday beach getaway and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Residence Inn in Treasure Island, FL on Nov 16-19. My brother and I accompanied my father to his brother's funeral.
I am a Flight Attendant, and I stay at so many hotels - some good, some not so good. I must tell you that your hotel and staff were at the top of my list for excellence.
My mom booked the room on my behalf. She booked a two bedroom suite thinking one room would have two twins.
We opted to take the first flight of the day from Newark, NJ to TPA, and arrived at your hotel about 10:30am. I went to the front desk while dad and brother parked the car. I was warmly welcomed by Steve. He gave me a choice of rooms, and explained the hotel amenities. Upon going to the room, we realized there was only one bed in either room. I called Steve to see if the other room had twins and he explained that all the rooms had only 1 bed but the sofa was a pull-out. Then he said he would call me right back.
While we waited I had a few moments to get my dad and brother out of their agape-mouthed-trance. They were floored on how beautiful the suite was. We all loved the large kitchen, the beautiful furnishings, and most of all how impeccably clean everything was. (Hats off to the housekeeping staff. They deserve a nice holiday bonus!)
Steve called back a few minutes later and said it was not policy, but he would upgrade us to the 3-bedroom suite. Are you kidding? Treasure Island Marriott staff ROCKS !!!!
Room 411 was just as wonderful as room 521. I had dad take the master bedroom (even though it has an on-suite that I would have loved). Brother was just about in tears when I told him to take the other balcony bedroom. I took the bedroom in front of the unit.
OK, who needs four 32" TV's in their suite? Not us - but we sure did use them.
When I thought I left my purse in the original room, Steve immediately had a housekeeper meet me to search. Dad found it in the car. I suppose he and my brother did not want to be seen carrying it. But Steve noticed my dad doing just that, and remarked the same way our family does with each other. A little ribbing made dad feel right at home.
Between the wake and funeral and family time, we didn't think we'd have any time to enjoy your hotel - but we did. You made it so easy to get to the white sand beaches. The pool towels available right in the room made it extra convenient to do so. The pool was nice too. We spent a lot of time on the balcony in the adorable rocking chairs. (Can you let me know where to buy one? I just loved them.) We were able to enjoy one evening the happy hour. But the complimentary breakfast -- WOW. I usually don't bother at other hotels because it's typically yogurt, hard boiled eggs that never seem fresh, stale toast and coffee. Not so at this property. Not so. You had everything to choose from. Everything was so fresh and yummy. Three cheers to the chef and the staff that immediately cleaned and sanitized tables and pushed in chairs - always making certain that the atmosphere was desirable.
I used the complimentary business center to print boarding passes for the flight home. A bonus.
Upon our departure at 4:20am, we forgot a garment bag. I called Doug at the front desk. He immediately had someone go retrieve it and it was sent to me. Well, I haven't received it yet, but it was sent.
Today, Nov 25, I called and spoke to Erica the manager to be certain it was sent as no one in lost and found had a record of the bag being found. It obviously did not even make it to lost and found and was sent FedEx to my home. Erica gave me the tracking number. I'm certain it will arrive in the next day or so.
I would like you to recognize Residence Inn by Marriott in Treasure Island, Florida as a PREMIER hotel. The property and staff are exceptional. Please recognize Steve, Doug and Erica, for the outstanding service they provided. Please also recognize the housecleaning staff and food service department for their contributions to making this a hotel Marriott can be proud of. We will continue to frequent this property and give to our friends the recommendation to the same.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen_travels_2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor!

We are so pleased to hear that we were able to provide an excellent example of the passion and commitment Marriott has to their guests and their hotel experiences. Steve and Doug are very valuable to this hotel and apart of the reasons, loyal guests like you, visit us time and time again.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon the sunny shores of Treasure Island, so that we may have the pleasure of serving you and your family again.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I don’t know of any other Residence Inns that are truly beachfront, so when I found this one I was intrigued. The Marriott website gives you plenty of pictures but very little details on the layout, arrangement, proximity to the beach and so forth. Since things were not very clear I decided to go and reconnoiter the property myself. The first thing I found is that the property is composed of two separate buildings that are connected to each other. The building closest to the beach contains the studios and one-bedroom suites. The furthest one contains the two and three bedroom suites and the lobby. None of the rooms actually face the beach, even though about four rooms have a window that looks out to the beach. Depending on whether you’re facing the north or the south side the rooms have balconies that will allow you to see that part of the beach. The building is a little strange also. When you arrive, the front lobby is on the second floor. Parking is on the ground floor, which includes underneath the building. The pool is somewhat small for such a large property but who needs a pool when you can walk over to the beach. When I think beachfront I normally assume that it’s just a couple of yards stroll to get to the water. Treasure Island Beach as all other beaches in this area are quite wide, so you have to do a little bit more walking but yes, it is still beachfront, meaning no roads pass between the beach and the property.
Now that I knew the lay of the land I booked a one-bedroom suite for two nights. It was located on the third floor on the north side. Surprisingly enough it had a very nice view. The two and three-bedroom suites that are located farther back have a balcony that faces towards the beach but since it’s much further back it has a somewhat limited view. At the lower floors you see more parking lot than beach. I can tell you from prior experiences at other Residence Inns that this suite was much, much larger in comparison. It had a much larger and more confortable kitchen which was closer to standard house size, a much larger living room with dining area and a much larger master bedroom with a king size bed. In short this felt like a real apartment and not like an efficiency. If you need an oven for your stay please make sure you ask for one prior to arriving as not all units have ovens. This suite had two separate balconies, one outside the living room and the other outside the bedroom. I really loved that fact that the bathroom has two entrances, one from the hallway and a private entrance from the bedroom. The dining room table seats four people comfortably and the kitchen was very well equipped for dining of up to four people. Overall I have to say that this was an outstanding suite.

Room Tip: Tips: When you go down to the lobby to have breakfast in the morning, take into account that the din...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JuanOquendo
EricaBerlepsch, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post you review on Trip Advisor!

We appreciate guest feedback as we continue to strive to provide the level of accommodations and service our guests have come to love and expect from Marriott.

The Residence Inn by Marriott, Treasure Island offers spacious Studio, One, Two and Three Bedroom Suites. Each suite faces either North or South and feature a balcony. Therefore, every room has a balcony and every room has a view of the sun, sand and sea!

Complimentary breakfast is served daily M-F 6:30-9:30 and S-S 7:00-10:00am. Breakfast is included with you rate and provides you with the option of fresh scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal & toppings, make you own waffles, whole fruit, sliced fruit, assorted yogurt, cereal, muffins, doughnuts , bagels, English muffins and toast. For your enjoying convenience, we offer to-go boxes so that you can enjoy breakfast with a view!

Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We are so pleased to hear that you stay was outstanding and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest again soon.

Always Sunny,

orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Check in staff were courteous and helpful. We arrived early, and room was not ready. We were given a key to the pool & beach area. The staff took my cell number, and called as soon as the room was ready. Really liked the covered parking. So much better than the smaller hotels/motels in the area. Our room was wonderful!! I had requested a higher floor and sunset view. Boy did the hotel staff deliver! We were on the 6th floor, room 602. It was the last room on the hallway. Huge room with living room area (odd sofa, but full sized and comfortable), dining room table seats four and full kitchen. There is a nice balcony as well. The bedroom has a king sized bed, comfortable chair, TV and another balcony. bathroom sink separate from large shower and commode. There is a daily happy hour offering $2 draft beer and wine. The white Zifindel is very tasty (sweet). The breakfast is plentiful and tastes good. Loved the oatmeal with various toppings. The pool and hot tub area is nice. Many chairs and tables with umbrellas. Boardwalk and beach area leads to the ocean. Beach is very wide and clean. Sand is soft. If you are interested in exercising, there is a large exercise room with good quality equipment. Laundry on premises as well.

Room Tip: Ask for either sun rise or sunset room when making reservation.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vanurse
EricaBerlepsch, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor!

Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We are so pleased to that we were successful in providing you with a most enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing stay. We thank you for your review on our hotel and hope that other future travelers are able to come and experience the "Perfect hotel at a perfect beach!"

Sunny Regards,