“Amazing Hotel - Best Hotel on T.I. hands Down!”

Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We went down to Treasure Island for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We were able to stay with my Marriott rewards points for 4 nights and boy was it worth it. We were given the best room in the hotel, a corner suite facing the beach on the 9th floor (901) The room was huge and from check in to the time we left, I could not have been happier with my choice. This was one of the best trips I've taken.

PRO'S: Right on the Beach, Free Breakfast, Full kitchen with dishwasher, LCD TV's, Balcony, Clean, Professional/Friendly staff, 24 Workout room with 4 Elliptical machines, 2 treadmills and 2 Bikes (ALL NEW), Free Beach Towels, Free Parking, in room safe, Everything in the room was clean ALL the time.

CON'S: No Mirrors in the bedroom, the Bathroom sink had weird angles on it so anything that was placed on it would fall into the sink, The Pool left something to be desired But who cares the beach is 150 yards away, No Outdoor Pool Bar (although there was an area that looked like it was designed for it, oh well)

I would definitely stay here again.
28 year old M from NY

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2009

Thank you for your rave review of our property. After reading the title, I was in awe. It seems that you really enjoyed yourself here and got to experience the best of what we have to offer. I will let you in a little secret, as you are correct. We are in the process of finalizing designs, permits, and contruction for the new Tiki Bar by the pool as well as a new hot tub. These amenities should be up and running before your next trip down here. Thank you once again for choosing to spend your valuable time and hard earned money with us. We really appreciate it. (I am still have a smile plastered across my face from reading the title of your review!)

Reviewed 2 August 2009

My husband and I stayed 4 nights with a free night from Marriott's Rewards and then a great Internet rate for $89 per night. Overall it was a great experience. The weather was beautiful! We stayed in the section closest to the beach, which I think have the studio type rooms. It worked great for us as we did not plan to cook, but allowed us a place to put our drinks and snacks and make some popcorn.

As stated by other reviewers the elevators are a problem. Since we were on the 4th floor we used the stairs most of the time, but it would have been a problem had we been on a higher floor. When we were leaving and trying to take our luggage down, we waited for about 5 minutes for an elevator only to have it open with the staff and a big cart of linens. No one could get on the elevator. So again we waited. Maybe they should plan their cart moving at other than peak checkout times. We were in no hurry so it was not a problem for us, but others chose to take the stairs even with their luggage.

The room was very nicely decorated, but the bed was too firm for me. My husband said it was fine for him. This was the firmest bed I have found at a Marriott. We encountered no problems with the internet. We had a great view from the balcony (Room 405) and could easily see the beach. Our room was on the South side of the building. Breakfast was good and the same everyday...scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, potatoes (potatoes not so good), The waffles were very good especially topped with strawberries. There were donuts, muffins and different breads to toast. 4 different kids of juice along with milk and coffee. We never seemed to find a table, so we sat in front of the TV at a coffee table in the lobby. It really wasn't too crowded and we went at different times each morning.

It was great having the beach towels supplied. Got fresh ones everyday. There are canopies and beach chairs on the beach, but they were too far from the water for us so we just used our umbrellas and beach chairs. The pool is small, but is great for small children as it has steps on both ends of the pool.

A great place to eat was just down the street heading South on Gulf Blvd. called Middle Grounds Grill. We went twice. I had the sirloin and it was PERFECT and the scallops were delicious.

We watched the parasailing from the beach everyday and on the last day decided to give it a try. We made reservations with Eagle Parasail. It was a great experience. I was not nervous at all and I am afraid of heights. The guys on the boat were a real hoot and helped us all relax. It was like floating in the air and nothing like I had experienced before.

We enjoyed taking a long walk on the side walk to the south of the hotel between the other hotels and the beach. We would walk one direction on the sidewalk and then walk over to the beach and walk back along the water. You can see the sidewalk in one of my pictures. It was a great getaway for a few days!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We stayed in a 3 bedroom for 3 nights, July 7th-10th, before traveling to other areas in FL. We had a party of 7, parents with 2 kids, grandparents and aunt. The size of the rooms were very nice, the kitchen was fine for our purposes, the bathrooms were great. We really liked the decor.

I have to compliment the housekeeping, the room was very clean. One day I returned to the room while the housekeeper was there and she was mopping the kitchen floor and loaded the dishwasher for us. I really didn't expect that. I would have imagined that the mopping occurs between guests unless it is really sandy, which it wasn't. And we were prepared to get the dishes clean.

One negative that I found was the crowded morning service, although I'm sure that if we had arrived earlier it would have been much better. I was irritated by other guests not cleaning up after themselves. The staff just really weren't able to keep up. We also attended the Manager's Reception one evening. It was fine. Chips, salsa, and cheeses were served and complimentary beverages. It was not crowded at all. The bar service was good.

The elevators were a little slow, but it was nothing that would be a problem. I mean, I'm on vacation! Relax!

We actually will return to this property if we ever come back to TI.

Reviewed 23 July 2009

We really were impressed. We had a prepaid rate of about $100 a night and that is a great deal for this place, but I'd be willing to pay more. The pool is small but great for kids or adults. The beach is right there and it is a wonderful beach with big tides and calm waters. Lots of pelicans and herons flying around. The elevator is slow, but if I remember right, there are only 3 stories. Taking the steps is not a bad thing. Room was comfortable with a kitchenette and nice flat screen tv. Once again, the location is great. The ice cream shack in front is old school fun, too.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank collinswz
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2009

What a delight to read a review as great as this one. We appreciate your comments very much. That ice cream shack really is something else...their malts are delicious! Please return to us soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 17 July 2009

Our stay was very enjoyable overall. Checkin was easy, room was great with small kitchenette, living area, bedroom, and balcony overlooking the beach. The beach was a short walk from the hotel across the pool area to the ocean. Breakfast was better than at some others so I don't know what previous reviewers were complaining about. The eating area is packed about 8:30-9:00 but everyone seems to get their share. The staff can't hang around all day so you can sleep in late and eat your breakfast at noon. If you want to eat, just go bring it back to your room for later. Sheesh. Also, they have the waffle maker which is great for all of us since we love the waffles. All other breakfast items are standard compared to the other residence inns we have stayed at.

1  Thank ToddNugent
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2009

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am happy that you enjoyed our waffles. They are definitely delicious. I would like to also thank you for clearing up some of the confusion regarding breakfast. It does get crowded when guests come down all at once. The operating hours are 6:00am - 9:30am on weekdays and 6:30am - 10:00am on weekends. Unfortunately, when groups come down at 9:30am when breakfast is coming to a close it does complicate things a little bit. Of course while the breakfast area is being occupied we will continue to serve our guests as needed. We are estatic that you enjoyed your stay with is. Come back soon and make yourself a waffle any way you like!

Reviewed 11 July 2009

The Breakfast was poor. Processed eggs, alway out of coffee, and they only have it open till 9:30. Its a vaction place, who wants to wake up at 8 or 9 to get bad eggs. No hot tube, small pool and no umbrellas. VERY slow elevators, everyone takes the stairs. The rooms have a view to the beach when you lean over the side.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank known_traveller

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the breakfast you experienced with us. I wanted to clarify a few points as your post is not entirely factual and I do not want to mislead potential patrons or hotel guests. The eggs that Marriott has chosen to use are actually 100% whole eggs. There are no addiditives other than citric acid to preserve the color. As for the coffee, I will address the issue to ensure we are checking the pots more often making sure they are always full. It is also true that we do not have a hot tub on property. This is not advertised on the Marriott website nor on our own site. Moving on, we do in fact have umrellas on our pool deck. it is very possible that for your safety we had removed them on a windy day to protect our guests. On a beautiful day, you can find 8 umbrellas waiting for you on our pool. We are looking into the issue of the elevator is the west tower. It does service 9 floors and sometimes may take a few minutes to reach your floor. Lastly, all of the rooms in the east tower have an isometric view of the Gulf. The balconies are all jet out from the building in a triangular shape. It sounds like you were in the west tower, where our balconies are rectangular, and yes you must look towards the water to view. I hope that you will return to us soon and give us an opportunity to change your feelings regarding our property. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 10 July 2009

After spending lots of time researching the St. Pete Beach area, I had decided to rent a house when my husband suggested looking for a Marriott so we could use our points and so our five-year-old would have a pool to swim in. We stayed six nights and were very impressed with our one bedroom suite. Had good closet space. The kitchen had granite countertops, stainless appliances, dishes and basic pans. The decor was classy, new and very clean. Bathroom had a large walk-in marble shower, no tub. Had two balconies and a great view. The price ended up being so reasonable we decided not to use our Marriott points on the stay. The only thing I wasn't too pleased with was the breakfast service. Being on vacation, we didn't get up early, so by the time we made it down to breakfast, the place was packed, plus it was the week of the July 4th holiday. It just felt claustrophobic with so many people dodging each other in line. The food is okay, especially since it's included. I enjoyed eating yogurt with granola, fruit and honey each morning, and the dark roast coffee was excellent. Got to have my caffeine! The breakfast is great for families; it just gets very crowded. Other reviewers mentioned the elevators, towels and too few maids. It's humid, and the hallways are not air-conditioned, so probably the elevator never really gets dried out from people dripping water on the carpet. I appreciated the beach towels being provided. They're not spa quality, but I wouldn't expect them to be. I feel like the other reviewer complaining about those things is nitpicking. Definitely didn't have any problem with the maid service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, and we enjoyed our stay very much. It was much more comfortable than we would have been in just a hotel room. Great value for the money. As far as distance to the beach, which I worried about, I counted one day, and it was about a two-minute walk from the beach to our room.

1  Thank texascsr