Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here on our Honeymoon. We had originally planned to stay elsewhere but when we looked at the room in this other resort it was so disgusting that we left. When we walked into the Residence Inn by Marriott in Treasure Island we didn't even ask to look at a room before booking it--the lobby was gorgeous! We were not disappointed--the room was absolutely beautiful. By far the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The only regret I have is that we didn't stay here longer (as we had booked a hotel in Orlando for the second half of our Honeymoon). The food, employees, cleanliness, etc. was all perfect...I would not have changed a thing!

Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmiskoski
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2009

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that your memorable stay for your honeymoon was "perfect" as you put it. Now, we will expect to see you back every year for your anniversary! Thank you once again for the kind words and your business...come back soon!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 21 August 2009

We squeezed a quick one day/night trip down to St. Petersburg from our disney vacation so I could go to a Rays baseball game.We decided to stay here because it was right on the beach and only a quick 15 minute drive to Tropicana Field. The hotel room was clean/spacious and comfortable with a excellent view of the beach and gulf of mexico. The staff here was very friendly and seem to want you to enjoy your stay. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was standard with hot and cold items. The beach is a quick minute or so walk off the hotel(slow) elevators.The rate was a little higher than some hotels but because its right on the beach but its well worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank albertafamily

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review about us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with is. It sounds like you really took advantage of our property and everything this area has to offer. It is very convenient having the Tropicana down the street so our guests can go enjoy a nice baseball game. Please return to us soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2009

The room was very clean and well kept. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Could not have been nicer. Breakfast was a pleasure also. Plenty of coffee, juice, cereal, scrambled eggs, waffles and more! Would recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words and review. We appreciate hearing from our guests and we look forward to your return in the near future! Reading through your comments made me hungry!

Reviewed 6 August 2009

what a fabulous place to spend a relaxing holiday. We stayed in a beautiful sunset view suite on the 7th floor and the view out to the white sands every day was heavenly. The whole place was very clean and well kept. So much so that the maintenance man was touching up the paintwork in the hallways when we left. Whilst there the whole pool area was jet washed and all of the loungers cleaned. It was a home from home and made our holiday very comfortable. We have lots of great memories of Treasure Island .. it has that wow factor which I am certain will encourage us to return again. Probably a little pricier than some but worth it. The elevators were slow and breakfast area was always busy but everyone was on holiday and quite happy to wait a bit. I couldn't find anything negative to say.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2009

I would like to thank you for your positive remarks about our beautiful property. It is nice to hear that all of our hard work to maintain this place is paying off. We have to work hard to keep everything looking nice, being directly on the beach does pose those challenges, but we are always working diligently to show our best. Thank you so much for your business....and we will try to keep it a secret, but with the comments like this the work is going to get out! Thank you!!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel at the end of July and found it very pleasant, nice, new and clean. As everyone said, worst thing obviously the elevators, but if that's enough for you to make a hotel bad, well you are crazy, anyways they weren't horrible, just slow moving. I stayed in a king suite, there was tons of room, a great kitchen area, 2 great balconies and a really clean bathroom with the walkin shower and the decortations were great. This is definitely a girl thing, but I loved the fact that each night stand had a big mirror behind it. Oh and the living room and bedroom both had a ceiling fan, which for me was awesome. I'm not sure what else you could want in a room, lots of granite, all new and clean. People always nice at the front desk but not overwhelming, which is nice. Never went to the pool, beach was just too good. Of course the walk is a couple minutes as the beach is just so wide, but it was never crazy crowded and there was a great breeze down by the water. You can rent the little cabanas for $20 a day or $15 a day for 2 days or I'm sure less for more days. Loved that you could get the beach towels from the front desk and it was easy. Sure the breakfast gets crowded later on, but it's free, so if it was crowded just grabbed some stuff and went back to the room, no big deal. One night the car park was full and they let us move some cones in the front and park there so no issue. Check out was a breeze, check in was easy, even if the rooms aren't ready they put you on a list and call your cell when ready. Overall the hotel was really a solid place to stay, very nice and definitely not what you think for a RI, and also close enough to the Treasure Island food area and also the Johns pass.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Treasure Island. I appreciate the detailed review you gave of our property. It was interesting to read that certain amenities appealed to you that I would never have picked up on. For example, the mirrors behind the night stands. I see them everyday and never took notice to how big of a dela they could be for a woman getting ready to go out. The ease of having them there and having 2 of them in fact, I see now made getting ready a little easier. I am glad you enjoyed a little bit of what the area has to offer as well, as I see you checked out John's Pass. Thank you for your business and please return to us shortly!

Reviewed 3 August 2009

We went down to Treasure Island for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We were able to stay with my Marriott rewards points for 4 nights and boy was it worth it. We were given the best room in the hotel, a corner suite facing the beach on the 9th floor (901) The room was huge and from check in to the time we left, I could not have been happier with my choice. This was one of the best trips I've taken.

PRO'S: Right on the Beach, Free Breakfast, Full kitchen with dishwasher, LCD TV's, Balcony, Clean, Professional/Friendly staff, 24 Workout room with 4 Elliptical machines, 2 treadmills and 2 Bikes (ALL NEW), Free Beach Towels, Free Parking, in room safe, Everything in the room was clean ALL the time.

CON'S: No Mirrors in the bedroom, the Bathroom sink had weird angles on it so anything that was placed on it would fall into the sink, The Pool left something to be desired But who cares the beach is 150 yards away, No Outdoor Pool Bar (although there was an area that looked like it was designed for it, oh well)

I would definitely stay here again.
28 year old M from NY

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your rave review of our property. After reading the title, I was in awe. It seems that you really enjoyed yourself here and got to experience the best of what we have to offer. I will let you in a little secret, as you are correct. We are in the process of finalizing designs, permits, and contruction for the new Tiki Bar by the pool as well as a new hot tub. These amenities should be up and running before your next trip down here. Thank you once again for choosing to spend your valuable time and hard earned money with us. We really appreciate it. (I am still have a smile plastered across my face from reading the title of your review!)

Reviewed 2 August 2009

My husband and I stayed 4 nights with a free night from Marriott's Rewards and then a great Internet rate for $89 per night. Overall it was a great experience. The weather was beautiful! We stayed in the section closest to the beach, which I think have the studio type rooms. It worked great for us as we did not plan to cook, but allowed us a place to put our drinks and snacks and make some popcorn.

As stated by other reviewers the elevators are a problem. Since we were on the 4th floor we used the stairs most of the time, but it would have been a problem had we been on a higher floor. When we were leaving and trying to take our luggage down, we waited for about 5 minutes for an elevator only to have it open with the staff and a big cart of linens. No one could get on the elevator. So again we waited. Maybe they should plan their cart moving at other than peak checkout times. We were in no hurry so it was not a problem for us, but others chose to take the stairs even with their luggage.

The room was very nicely decorated, but the bed was too firm for me. My husband said it was fine for him. This was the firmest bed I have found at a Marriott. We encountered no problems with the internet. We had a great view from the balcony (Room 405) and could easily see the beach. Our room was on the South side of the building. Breakfast was good and the same everyday...scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, potatoes (potatoes not so good), The waffles were very good especially topped with strawberries. There were donuts, muffins and different breads to toast. 4 different kids of juice along with milk and coffee. We never seemed to find a table, so we sat in front of the TV at a coffee table in the lobby. It really wasn't too crowded and we went at different times each morning.

It was great having the beach towels supplied. Got fresh ones everyday. There are canopies and beach chairs on the beach, but they were too far from the water for us so we just used our umbrellas and beach chairs. The pool is small, but is great for small children as it has steps on both ends of the pool.

A great place to eat was just down the street heading South on Gulf Blvd. called Middle Grounds Grill. We went twice. I had the sirloin and it was PERFECT and the scallops were delicious.

We watched the parasailing from the beach everyday and on the last day decided to give it a try. We made reservations with Eagle Parasail. It was a great experience. I was not nervous at all and I am afraid of heights. The guys on the boat were a real hoot and helped us all relax. It was like floating in the air and nothing like I had experienced before.

We enjoyed taking a long walk on the side walk to the south of the hotel between the other hotels and the beach. We would walk one direction on the sidewalk and then walk over to the beach and walk back along the water. You can see the sidewalk in one of my pictures. It was a great getaway for a few days!