“Great Place!”

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Memphis TN
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This is a great place to stay! I read the reviews and decided to give it a try. I have to admit I was skeptical. We stayed for 5 days and enjoyed every one! From the warm greeting by Jeremy to the housekeeping and maintenance staff, everyone was friendly and very professional The rooms were modern and had everything we needed. The breakfast was always tasty. Sometimes the breakfast area did get busy, but as other reviews noted, people moved through quickly but nothing was rushed. I am REALY glad that we stayed here. I will stay there again and recommend it to anyone wanting to stay right on the beach. This part of Treasure Island is quieter and perfect for those who want a relaxing beach vacation.

Keep up the good work! Your attention to detail shows that you really care about your guests and work hard to provide them with an excellent experience. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 13 October 2009
I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff is always here at your service, and look forward to meeting new guests everyday! I am also pleased to know that you really liked our rooms. I would like to offer my humble apologies, as breakfast does get busy at times. Thank you for your business very much. We are all anticipating your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Pawleys Island, SC
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Although I haven't stayed here yet (Jan. 9th-16th), I must say that as a Marriott employee in another state, I am VERY impressed with the outstanding way that Mr. Rockmaker runs this hotel. The fact that he takes the time to address issues on this board goes over and above what I have ever witnessed from a Marriott manager. Kudos to you Mr. Rockmaker for making many people's day!

Stayed January 2009
THANK YOU! I am in awe after reading your post about me. I usually log in here to read hotel reviews, but what a surprise to be greeted with those kind words about me. It put a huge smile on my face to know that I was able to give you a great first impression, and we have yet to even meet. We are really looking forward to your arrival. Please be sure to seek me out when you arrive. Let us know anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable! Thank you so much!
Illinois
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I just finally got around to writing a review for our 10 day stay at Residence Inn in the summer of 2009. We had the most pleasant experience! Our rooms were always clean and inviting. The breakfast buffet exceeded our expectations. There was such a wide variety to choose from. We always began each day with a full stomach of good food. The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed our balcony view. I liked that we were so close to the gulf. The staff was outstanding. They were always kind and courteous. Having the staff being courteous is a very important aspect of finding an a good hotel to us. To the hotel management, hats off to you for making smiling faces a priority! It makes a big difference. Like the other posters, the only tiny thing I can think that would be slightly negative is the elevator. It seemed to take forever. After a tiring day out and about there were times I just didn't feel like waiting several minutes for the elevator door to open. Overall though, I would highly recommend this hotel. We look forward to coming back someday!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank pammom3
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with everyone here on Tripadvisor. I was very happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay. I think it is great that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. It is very important to start the day with a healthy and hearty meal...especially when your day is at the beach!!! We do strive for excellence and smiles are something that I need to see on all my guests faces. It makes me happy when I know my guests are truely enjoying themselves. Please come back soon. Thank you for your business!
Plano, TX
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We recently spent three nights at the Treasure Island Residence Inn and found it to be very quiet, very clean and conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. The breakfast buffet was convenient and items were restocked frequently so good choices and selection. It did get busy but people seemed to move through quickly so seating was never an issue, and yes, those waffles are really good! The hotel provides real beach towels which was greatly appreciated, they can be changed out as needed without any issues. There is a beach service that rents cabanas, umbrellas, and chairs which was perfect as we didn't have to purchase or try to bring any of this stuff down with us. The room itself was very clean as were all the towels and bedding. The entire staff is extremely pleasant and always greeted us, and the front desk also gives great recommendations for eating out.

There is also a computer and printer available in the lobby for flight check-ins at no charge. Small touches like that are very appreciated. Parking was ample and free, and basically it was a very pleasant stay. The only negatives I have are pretty much out of the control of the hotel, the views are not gulf front but instead are side views, the rooms on the south side seem to have better views so if possible I would ask for an upper south side room in the tower, we had a nice upper floor but on the north side so we overlooked the roof of the building adjacent and the gulf was beyond that and to the side. As previously stated on the reviews the biggest negative is the wait for the one elevator that services the entire nine-story tower. It was sometimes a ridiculous wait of ten minutes and at other times it amazingly popped right open.

I don't know if we just got lucky the weekend we visited or what, but the guests and everyone we met seemed to be extremely friendly and quiet, which made for a very pleasant and easy going time!

1 Thank Fla4ever
Well it looks like you really took advantage of everything this area has to offer. From the great local restaurants to the awesome shops, Treasure Island does have lots to offer. Thank you for your kind words regarding your interactions with my staff. I will be sure to relay those comments to them. Thank you for tkaign the time to share your thoughts with Tripadvisor. I appreciate your business very much and I look forward to your return. I am sure the guests that you met will look forward to seeing you again as well.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We stayed here for the second time in the last four months and it was every bit as enjoyable the second time. We stayed in a one bedroom suite both times and the room is amazing. I've stayed in all brands of Marriott from Fairfields to JW Marriotts across the country and this is one of their top properties. It offers the perfect blend of comfort and ammenities for a family beech hotel.

The kitchen has everything you would need to cook for your family and serve them. All countertops are stone in the kitchen and bathroom giving a very modern look. The fixtures are up to date and very sturdy. The living room has a nice leather couch and comfortable chair. The tv's are flat screens in the living room and bed room. There are two identical balconies, one for the living room and one for the bedroom.

The property is extremely nice overall. The front lobby is on the second floor and like other Residence Inn's has a little snack store. The breakfast area is nice and has a decent selection for breakfast (make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, yogurt, ceral, fruit, oatmeal, toast, bagels, pastries, milk, juice, tea, and coffee.) The pool is a simple rectangle with steps on both ends. Beech access is by the pool and a quick walk gets you to the ocean. Pool area lacks a hot tub and a pool bar, but apparently that is in the works. The fitness center is set up pretty well with cardio equipment with individual tv's and a nice view, but not of the ocean unfortunately.

The staff was also very responsive and helpful for our entire stay. I can't say enough about the front desk staff and all the great advice we were given from places to visit and to eat, depending on our mood. The cleaning staff was also great and very accomodating to our needs. I also can't say enough about the folks who do the breakfast every morning. They have to put up with a lot and just keep smiling and are very friendly when you talk with them.

My only suggestions for this property would be to add a lounger on the balcony, and work on the elevator speed. This is an excellend resort and I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with their stay here. I met several people while staying here that were repeat customers and that says a lot to me. One couple had even stated that they think they had stayed there about 10 times since the resort opened.

This property is one the biggest reasons we are considering coming back to vacation in TI again next year. Finding the right combination of a great area to visit and a great place to stay is hard and they are very well blended here.

2 Thank Skinsfan76
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 6 November 2009
Thank you for the rave review of our property. I really appreciate all of your kind words regarding the staff and the hotel overall. I am also very pleased to know that you keep returning to us. Please get in touch with me when it comes time to make plans to see us again. (jeremy.rockmaker@marriott.com) I want to make sure that we are doing everything and anything we can to make your stay more enjoyable. I look forward to your next arrival, and thank you for your business!
West, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2009

There's that moment of discovery, when you first put the card key in & open the door - breathtaking! I couldn't have asked for a better room. I stumbled upon this place as I was fleeing from a sub-standard room at another property. Peak season, busy weekend, the Marriott was still able to not only accommodate me, but gave me an immaculate room on a high floor overlooking the beach - I was in heaven! And in heaven I stayed for about a day, until the neighbors moved in next door.

Here's a tip for fellow travellers: If you're going to host a wild, drunken birthday party, don't start at midnight - be a pro and get things going much earlier. That way, when security shows up, you haven't just gotten started. Better yet, be a real pro and rent a beach house - that way you avoid rudely irritating dozens of paying guests.

Here's another tip for those staying at this particular property: If you see a connecting door - GET ANOTHER ROOM!!! Every little noise will come through that door. I have some lovely camcorder footage I hope to someday post on YouTube under "Bad Hotel Moments" - it will showcase just how much noise comes through those doors.

Now, a tip for management: Do something about the doors between rooms! If there had been kids staying with me in the room, or someone even remotely religious, you'd have a very different review here - and possibly a lawsuit of some kind on your hands. Suffice to say that I learned a lot about my neighbors, WAY more than I wanted to. Not even anything funny, just gross. I hope they tipped the maid at least $20.

There is one elevator serving this wing of the hotel - as one guest remarked "I've been here a week, and all I'll remember is waiting for this lousy elevator". If you're staying on a high floor, you'll get to know the foyer around the elevator very well. It's worth the wait, just combine trips when you can - running down to get ice can take a while (no, there aren't ice machines on each floor).

The beach is lovely, and very close - past the pool and through the gate & you're there - no streets to cross.

I think most of what bugged me about this place was due to how busy it was. The property was built to be condos, not exactly designed to handle loads of noisy tourists coming & going at all hours. During off-season, this could be a truly great place to stay - as long as you have no one in the room next to you.

During this particular weekend, the staff did their best, and most were cheerful, but they were overrun - breakfast was a madhouse. I took one look at the line and turned right around, grabbed some coffee and called it good.

So, kudos to the staff for putting me up at the last minute. Overall, lovely rooms with excellent beds & great views.

But avoid this place during the busy weekends - especially if they give you a connecting room!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 0ceanView
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 8 October 2009
Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your detailed review of our property. I want to thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. Nothing makes me happier, knowing that you came to us from another property and we were able to deliver an A+ product. I do offer my humble apologies regarding your neighbors. We do have security on property from 11:00pm - 7:00am, so had this been brought to our attention we could have had this rectified immediately. If you decide you are ready to give us another chance, please contact me directly..as I am aware of your needs and will make sure that you do not have a connecting room. Please remember that anything that we are able to do to make your stay more enjoyable, we are here At Your Service! Thank you for your business!
Peoria, IL
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. We have been going down to Treasure Island, for over 10 years and have stayed at many places there. This by far is the best place we have ever stayed. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast was one of the best I've had at any hotel. The staff was always friendly and I mean everyone. I have never met a General Manager of a hotel that I have stayed at, but on Mondays and Wednesday he provides happy hour to his guests. He personally entertains you with his magic tricks and was quite good. He also wanted to make sure we were enjoying ourselves, not only at his hotel, but around Treasure Island as well. Thank you Jeremy and staff for a great vacation. Hope to see you all next year or maybe sooner!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
oceanprop, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island, responded to this review, 29 September 2009
Thank you so much Mrs. Cranford for your glowing review of our product. I am awe after reading your comments. It really makes me feel good when I know that my guests are truely enjoying their stay with us. It was such a pleasure to have you and your family with us. I cannot wait to share this review with the rest of the staff. I am sure they will be very pleased. Thank you so much for staying with us. It was always a delight to see your family throughout the day. We did have some great times at our socials. It is always nice to have an audience for my magic show, and you guys were really a hoot! Please do not be strangers. I look forward to keeping in touch and seeing you shortly. Tell the rest of the crew that your family here at the Residence Inn Treasure Island sends our best regards . Thank you for you business!!!!!!!!