“Great Value, Great location, decorated nicely very clean”

The Bayside Inn & Marina
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
“Great Value, Great location, decorated nicely very clean”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We r originally from the area n have stayed here a couple different times visiting family n vacationing!!! This place is right across from the beach rooms r clean n have fully equipped kitchens.... The furniture is brand new n NiCe I think it's Ethan Allen furniture but it is a very nice place to stay there r docks outback n picnic tables n a grill.... It's close to everything including publix which I dearly miss living n the mtns of NC now....I am almost as excited bout publix as the beach when I stay!!! I am coming back this weekend n I can't wait .... I will b celebrating a awesome victory a long time n the making n spending time with my son n I wouldn't want to do it anywhere else on TI

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I recently booked a room and boat slip at Bayside Inn and Marina. Our stay was great. The dockage was very nice. We loved it. I booked my weekend stay with Gezanne by phone. We enjoyed it so much my wife and I came back the following weekend for another stay. We have found our new hotel / marina for all our future boating trips. Gezanne, thank you for your great customer service! We are looking forward to our next weekend trip.

Nick T.

• Stayed April 2013
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this property, and I normally don't write reviews. I normally stay in the Clearwater Beach area, but this trip I wanted to be closer to John's Pass. I booked here after cancelling a reservation at another local hotel that did reservations in a book as opposed to reservation system. I was very happy about the room. I had a large bed, kitchenette, small table, and bathroom. Everything was very clean and quiet. I enjoyed the back of the property near the water/docks as well as the pool. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. There are also many stores and entertainment within walking distance.
My only small complaint is that the bed was a little squeeky. I will book here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Orlando
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this establishment for two nights and were very impressed. We had a king size room with a small kitchenette which was great. It was almost like a small apartment. Beach access was right across the street and we also hung out by the hotel pool. For the pool being right on the road we thought it was very relaxing and refreshing. We opened up a few windows and had a great beach breeze flowing throughout the hotel room. Parking was right in front of the hotel. We were lucky with our parking spot but it appeared Sunday morning when we woke up that they was an overflow.

For the price you pay this place is totally worth it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a beach getaway. We also used the islands cab service called Jimmie’s. They only work for tips and pick you up/drop off wherever you want to go. It was great. Never had to use the car to go anywhere. We would go back!

Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The people working at this property were very friendly and willing to help with anything. The property was immaculate. We will definitely visit again and again. The location is located in an area with plenty of restaurants and across the street from the public beach

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We found the Bayside accidentally. We were pleasantly surprised with what we found. The rooms were updated and fairly spacious. They were clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful.
Lastly, the rates were very fair.

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness center on premiss.
Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We rented 3 rooms in late March. The location is across the street from the beach. This is an older small hotel with a small marina out back. The unheated pool is on the busy Gulf Blvd. It is within walking distance to some good restaurants.
The staff is wonderful. Shannan and Suzanne will try to accommodate your every wish. They have 2 bbq grills, one at the marina and 1 on the sun deck with picnic tables. These are very nice.
This is a very obviously absent owner hotel. They are lucky to have such a wonderful staff. The staff has little to work with. It appears when repairs are made it is done with cheap K-mart type purchases. One of our rooms was one of the very nicely renovated ones. However when you walk in the bathroom and see the stick on type of towel rack sitting on the window sill because it no longer sticks on, you know the repair budget is sadly lacking.
The pool area never had the ashtrays emptied the whole 8 days we were there. They finally fished the twigs out of the pool on about our 6th day.
There was a major water leak in one of the guest’s rooms and our room is going to have a plumbing problem soon with no bathtub trap. The shower curtain was moldy, you would think they could go to the Dollar Store down the block and get a new one considering I think that is where they get their supplies.
If you read some of the reviews here you will know there seems to be a problem with black soot of some sort on the floors. It’s still a problem and I tried the whole week to figure out where it was coming from. One of the staff said maybe it was the air conditioner and I starting thinking about what we were breathing in in that room all week. The air conditioners are the old units so expect noise.
The rooms are cleaned every 2 or 3 days but don’t expect much. It’s a basic linen and bathroom change. Our bathroom walls were disgusting; they had not been cleaned in a very long time. The “made in China” bath soap feels like sand, remember Lava folks? The coffee pot was dirty and the grounds were left in it from the last occupants.
These types of complaints are not vacation killers but a little more attention to the property would be a big improvement. I feel sorry that such a wonderful attentive staff has little resources to improve the place. If someone had the funds to rehab this place in a retro 50’s style it would be the cutest place on Gulf Blvd. Take a look at the Desert Riviera rooms in Palm Springs to see what I mean.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends