The Bayside Inn & Marina
US$217
US$201
Treasure Island Ocean Club(Treasure Island)
US$131
US$291
US$202
Bilmar Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$189
US$166
Agoda.com
US$162
US$118
AscendHotels
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$177
US$163
US$201
Surf Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$288
US$281
Travelocity
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
US$372
Travelocity
Beach House Hotel(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$101
Hotwire.com
All reviewsboat slipspicnic tablesacross the streetstayed one nightcoffee potjohn's passclean roomsgreat place to staybed was comfortablewalking distancegulf blvdrestaurants and shopslove this placenice pooldockstammysammie
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed for four nights and had a nice stay while there. The pool is in the front of the Inn (street side)but there is an island of tropical plants and trees to provide privacy. The pool is not heated so it was too cool to go in and there were quite a few broken lounge chairs that need to be replaced but it didn't stop us from spending some time at the end of a beach day at the pool. The Inn is priced right for the area. Convenient 2 minute walk to St. Pete Beach. I can't say enough about the service the front desk person Sharrone provided. She was very responsive to our needs. She was always busy doing something and always stayed pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CTVisitor2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Let me start by saying the managers Gezanne and Sharrone were very friendly and tried to make things right, but there were just too many issues to ignore. The first impressions are alright because although the Bayside is a motel type property, the pool and landscaping are quite nice and it is a cute little place in a nice location right across from the beach and with a lush "yard" alongside the canal. I liked the layout.
Our room was not ready when we arrived at 4pm to check in, but it was shortly after that. The lobby did not give a good impression as it was cluttered with folded sheets, towels and other things. When we finally walked into the room it looked to be fairly recently renovated, but with some big issues. There was dirt and grime on all the doors, trim, and window tracks, one of the windows was heavy and would not stay open so we had to prop it up (at least it opened unlike a lot of newer hotels on our trip), the shower curtain was beyond disgusting and the housekeeper had obviously used the bathtub as a mop bucket. It was so nasty my husband blackened an entire towel trying to clean it so I wouldn't freak out. The tray below the freezer was filled with scummy water and the little patio outside was in desperate need of a powerwashing. My husband leaned against the railing and it stained his shirt. My kids bare feet turned black if they stepped outside. There is not a manager on duty all the time, so by the time we realized the full extent of the filth it was too late to do anything.
The next morning my husband spoke with Gezanne. She did offer to give us most of our money back, but asked if we could give her a chance to make it right. She is a very lovely kind person, and did clean a lot of things we brought up so we decided to make the Bayside our home for the next several days. We did enjoy the grill and picnic tables and the pool which was nice, but needed a little more attention at times and a few chairs replaced. The kitchenette was basic, but okay. The bathroom needs a shelf for toiletries, a few hooks for towels, and some attention to mildew in the corners. Also, plunger in the corner-not cool! The bi-fold doors and location of the closet made it difficult to use and they were so hard to close my son pinched himself in one. A full length mirror outside the bathroom would have helped a lot. The beds were comfortable, but a little upgrade in bedding was needed, maybe new blankets and a fitted sheet or dust-ruffle around the box spring. The other thing we noticed is that guests had left dirty dishes outside and they would sit around for days.
If you want housekeeping at the Bayside you have to request it which means you have to be around between 9am and 5pm to do so and tell them specifically what you want done.
I believe the Bayside has good "bones", but needs someone on site with a good eye for detail to bring it to it's fullest potential. I hope that happens. I would only recommend this place if you can not find anything else and are not bothered by a little dirt and details.

Room Tip: We liked our room on the north end it was tucked in amongst lush greenery.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BadBettyC
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Site photos misrepresent actual motel. Very old two-story motel without elevator to second floor, so ignore photo that shows neighboring multi-story resort in background of pool. Although the site describes a 2012 room update, don't be fooled. The bathroom was in drastic need of updating along with the small cafe table and dirty stuffed chair. There were new cabinets to make the room an efficiency and king sized bed and the mattress not bad. Worst of all, this room was lacking general housekeeping which we didn't discover until late in the evening when my husband dropped the TV remote on the floor. We found a large used bandaid under the dresser and a used tissue under the bed! Too late to leave as the office was closed, but we were very glad that we had only booked one night as we were travelling through the area. Buyer beware is all we can say to prospective customers. This is the poorest motel we have encountered in several years of extensive travel since our retirement.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

First I will explain our plans before traveling. We usually look for places, and then check tripadisor to look at pictures and read reviews. We look at the bad reviews first to determine if they are tolerable since every place has some bad reviews. We read the reviews for the Bayside Inn and thought it would not be bad considering all hotels in the area are on the older side. We thought for the price it will not be bad. Let me start by the front desk; let’s just say they were less then friendly. We reserved a queen size bed and were given two double beds. We figured bother to complain we will deal with it for two days. The room was lacking toiletries so we had to go downstairs and request them. It had a kitchen which was missing utensils and no dishwashing liquid, but the best experience of the entire stay I must say was the backed up bathtub with the moldy shower curtain. I have posted pictures for your viewing pleasure. I am sorry about the messy room but felt it was important to share. After my trip a co-worker told me about a beautiful place for the same price, better amenities i.e. two rooms suite with a beautiful full kitchen and updated for the same price you pay to stay here. I wish I would have told her about our trip before. I apologize I don't have the name but do yourselves a favor shop around and find a more updated place with friendly service.

Room Tip: Rooms: check beds, bath tub, shower curtain and toiletries.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richlovesmimi
Reviewed 22 January 2014

From the minute we walked into the Bayside Inn and Marina everyone was freindly and accommodating . The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The grounds were also well kept. We come down to Teasure Island once a Month and we have found our new home away from home here at this Inn. We have already book for the next month.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple