“Forgotten item is lost forever”

Crystal Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
NJ
“Forgotten item is lost forever”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very disappointed with the hotel housekeeping. My toiletry bag with all facial creams was left behind and lost forever. Front desk was giving me an excuse that the room is occupied and cannot be checked. Give me a break! Doesn't the room is cleaned before next guest occupies it? Cleaning crew is really just that. I'm dIsappointed with the whole experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather M, General Manager at Crystal Palms Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your review and I apologize if you did not enjoy a part of your stay with us. Let me assure you that each room is inspected thoroughly upon our guests departure and any left items are reported to the front desk, and locked in our lost and found. If available, we contact the guest to alert them of the item(s) left behind.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

stayed at this hotel May 12 had a 1 BR unit, the Website indicated direct baech access and a beach photo so we expected a view. Well no view of the beach from the 2nd floor, tried to move floors and was refused, as they said none avaiable, Hotel was not full not even offered a discount for a bigger unit, explained i had booked directly with Hotel increasing the room value to them. The girl on the front desk was rude. latter tried to connect to WI-FI no luck, Front desk was not helpful nor was the Internet provider. Only found out at check out that they only have 1 BR on the 2nd floor
found a good bar on the Beach (south end of the beach) that helped with our frustration with the Hotel. would not go back to this Hotel NB gave a terrible review tdue to the front desk staff

Room Tip: only take a 2 BR unit as high as you can 2-4 floors will have no view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim H
Heather M, General Manager at Crystal Palms Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We try to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay with us so I apologize that you found the front desk unhelpful. As we are located across the street from the beach, our higher floor rooms provide a beach view. We hope that if you are in the area again you will contact us directly so we can see if one of those suites are available for you.
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is our third time here but first time to review. Very friendly staff. I really don't think you will a better group of people. The location is great. There are two public beach access points in front of hotel. The hotel could use new carpets or tile the units thoroughly to avoid the look of wear but the units are big and spacious. Views are great. We had units in both 4th and 5th and loved the views each day. Pool was clean and pretty quiet most of the time. You are walking distance to shopping restaurants and the famous johns pass. We will definitely be back. We come every year.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bradpoling
Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have stayed at three different places in Treasure Island (all 2 bedroom suites) & although this is the first one not directly on the beach, I think it might be our favorite. First of all the place is huge, the balcony is very large and we had an amazing view of the ocean across the street. I would be worried if I was on the lower floors that we might not have the best view but we did from the 4th floor. :-) The pool is nice, jacuzzi looked nice but we never used it.. The walk to the beach was just across the street. We have stayed at other places on Treasure Island that had grills and we had hoped for that, but they didn't have any. They had a full kitchen and basics so you can cook at home. The price is the most affordable compared to the other 2 bedroom condos we have stayed at...
Overall the place is fantastic...the front desk staff were friendly and helpful with local info. We couldn't have asked for a better stay!! Can't wait to go back and I am recommending to my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Vestal, New York, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Crystal Palms Beach Resort was all it claimed to be and more! Beautiful condo like hotel room. So spacious, great view (we were on the 5th floor) comfortable beds, laundry, big kitchen. Maybe could have used a few more plates and utensils in kitchen, but really nothing to complain about. The staff was amazing! Always very friendly and willing to assist with any need to ensure our great stay. Very pleased with Crystal Palms and would book again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: though there was no fitness center on site we did utilize the guest pass for a local gym not too far...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
FL
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This place is great! Nice room very clean. Everything you need is here its like your own apartment. The only thing I would change is the mattress, super hard. The location is central to many restaurants. Small pool is so relaxing. Staff is super friendly. John's Pass is a short drive away or you can walk about a mile. If you don't mind crossing the street for the beach, this is a dream. Our family does not want to leave!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I work in the hotel industry in Las Vegas and know all about ratings and reviews. My family and I needed something for us to all stay in near the hotel that everyone else was staying in. We didn't want to stay there because we happen to come across Crystal Palms which was cheaper and had better reviews. Check in was a breeze, I had called early in the day and they let me know they would call when our 2 bedroom suite was available and they did! They even called two hours before it was even check in time and let us check in early. The second night I needed something to eat but I have celiac disease so it was hard to find gluten free but they girl at the front desk pulled out a delivery menu and showed me that it had gluten free options on it. I ordered from that place called Gigi's and it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and came within 20 mins! The 2 bedroom penthouse that we had was very spacious, nice living room and dinning room table, the bedrooms each had their own bathroom, and the balcony was a gorgeous view! I highly recommend Crystal Palms to anyone wanting a clean, great service, spacious room with a beautiful beach view!

• Stayed May 2014