“Westwinds to the rescue!”

Westwinds Waterfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After a nearby resort somehow LOST our reservation and then refusing to allow my wife to stay in alternate accomodations because she was less than happy, we found our way to the Westwinds Resort. While not directly on the beach as we originally intended, we still had only a very short walk to the beach. Westwinds itself is amazing. Large beautiful rooms, updated features, and clean clean clean. The pool and patio furniture was all nice and new. Cant wait to return next spring!

2  Thank Chris R
JimmyDean55, General Manager at Westwinds Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you so much Chris, we will see you next spring. We loved having you here with us.
Jimmy Dean, GM

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family just got back from our stay at "Westwinds Waterfront Resort". We were very happy with our accommodations. The condo was very tasteful and well equipped. The resort is a short walk to the beach. On top of the condo, all the extra things were appreciated. Free beach towels and toys. Gas grills and a huge pool. Me and my family will vacation there again.

2  Thank Chad S

Chad give us a call anytime and we'll do our best to take care of your vacation needs. Thank for staying with us. Jimmy Dean, GM

Reviewed 19 July 2014

3 minutes away from the beach. We had a glorious time. The staff were very helpful. Beautiful condos. We booked two condos, very spacious and clean. Next time we would like to have one overlooking the bay as our rooms were by the road.

Room Tip: Would check out if everything is in order and if not inform management.
4  Thank Skanag

Thank you and please never hesitate to tell staff if there is anything out of order or anything you may need. We will always do what we can to make your stay the best it can be. Jimmy Dean, GM

Reviewed 14 July 2014

At first I wanted to stay some place on the beach. But I'm glad we stayed on the bay side. This gave us the best of both worlds. We enjoyed looking at the houses, boats and activities on the water throughout the day. The staff was very prompt and friendly. I loved the décor and the space. I loved that there was no carpet. The master shower and all the closet were spacious. I thought the beds were comfortable. That was probably the best sleep I ever got in a condo/hotel. The grill/patio area was really nice. The beach is right across the street! There were plenty of toys, umbrellas and chairs for the pool and beach. We loved walking to Publix. There are a lot of other places to shop and eat within little walking distance. After driving through Treasure Island, St. Pete and Clearwater and we were glad we booked at Westwinds. We feel this is the best as far as locations.
Now for the cons. The elevator was old and outdated. We decided to use it only when necessary. I kept hearing a lot of noises behind the master bedroom wall and above us. I finally reported it to the office and that day the people were checking out. I only got one day of quiet before the next group checked in. If we are to book here again I will request for the top floor. I'm not sure why I was hearing noises on the other side of our wall because that was the hallway. I'm thinking it might have been the elevator. I had seen pictures before coming and was a little disappointed that the kitchen was a little narrow for all of us to be in at once. The pool was small. My 8 year old didn't like the bugs that were in it. I didn't particularly care for the rental properties that were right next to us. Also she slept on the pull out couch and said it was uncomfortable. We laid on it for a little while and she was right. The Wi-Fi only seem to work in the common area I tried it several times in the bedroom. I forgot about the additional charge for the cleaning fee. And the towels and washcloths are limited and only changed every 3 to 5 days. They exchanged some for me but I found a Wal-Mart close by to satisfy my need. (We're used to staying at the Residence Inns and other Marriot hotels)
Besides the things I mentioned I would give it a 5 star in addition to having a balcony. That would have made it perfect. If we come back we probably will stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure you get the bay side and I prefer the top floor.
3  Thank mrjonesii
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location of this place is perfect. It is right on the water bayside. Pool is heated. It was a little too warm for our tastes but still nice. They have a BBQ area with tables. A separate lounging area with lawn chairs. They also have boat docks! The rooms were very nice all currently updated. Located ten minutes from Johns Pass and across the street is Sloppy Joes which has awesome food and is right on the beach. We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Kimberly V
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a wonderful experience staying at this resort. The rooms were really spacious and super clean. Cathy (front desk) was super sweet and helpful. We were able to grill outside in their grills that they provide, and enjoy a nice relaxing dinner in front of the bay . I would definately recommend and will stay again .

1  Thank Rosa A
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the Westwinds for 3 days after arriving to Florida from Europe and we have to say that it was an excellent stay.
They really look after us prior to the arrival, powder was provided for the washing-machine, the apartment was amazing, the kids had plenty of toys to take to the beach and play and the neighborhood has some good restaurants and supermarkets within walking distance.
Perfect as well to do half-day trips to Clearwater or Tampa.
All-in-all, highly recommended.