“Very nice condo, in a great location”

Westwinds Waterfront Resort
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Very nice condo, in a great location”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We rented a one bedroom unit (#312). The manager, Jimmy (by the way, LOVED him!!) told me up front it didn't have a water view. Lo and behold, after arriving one of the first things I did was open the bedroom blind and see a lovely view of the bay. You do have to turn your head 5-10 degrees to see it, but hey-a very nice surprise! The building is right across the street from the beach. Be prepared for a nice walk as the beach is very wide, much wider than what I am used to seeing in the Destin/Seaside area. The unit was furnished and appropriately decorated with a nice mix of modern and traditional. For a "small" unit of 460 some-odd square feet, we never felt cramped at all. I would suggest, however, instead of the cute pictures hanging over the toilet in the bathroom add an extra towel bar/shelf combo (like the ones at Ikea) because we had no where to hang used towels to dry. There is one bar provided, but it is very narrow. We found some plastic hangers in the closet and made use of them for our towels and washcloths and made do just fine. I found the bed to be too soft for my liking. I would lie flat on my edge/side but somehow gravity would pull me to the center, or closer to where my husband was lying. These small issues would in no way keep me from returning. Matter of fact, we are already considering returning in March 2015! I want to make sure I also add that the Manager, Jimmy was SUPER nice and helpful. I know this can be challenging considering we rented this unit only one day before arriving. The young lady who works with him (I didn't get her name) was SUPER nice and very helpful as well. They both made us feel very welcome!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
JimmyDean55, General Manager at Westwinds Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Thank you, you are very kind. I will pass on the compliments to the staff. We are in the process of adding additional towel bars or hooks per your and others suggestions...We do listen to our guests and try our best to provide the best product we can. Thank you again, Jimmy Dean, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a two-bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor right towards the street but we were pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was. On the other hand, the A/C was quite loud, that's probably why we couldn't hear the street...

The only thing that was a bit bothersome was the size of the bathroom. For 2 adults and 3 kids it was really tiny.

The location was great with easy walking distance to the beach, restaurant and Publix.

1 Thank Ingo M
I understand your concern about the bathroom that was in your unit. Next time you may want to book a 2bedroom 2 bathroom instead of the 2/1. We want all of our guest to be happy and satisfied while staying here at Westwinds. Jimmy Dean, GM
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We live nearby but are landlocked and my family just needed a few days away. After looking at several options we decided on Westwinds. I am so glad we did. This place was like a home away from home. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. And it was huge! The decor was nice and very appropriate for a beach getaway. The kitchen was small but sufficient for us to cook breakfasts and snacks (we ate out for dinners by choice).

We had a room by the pool which my son loved. There were plenty of pool toys and it was very clean. We did a lot of fishing from the docks and it was very relaxing. The beach was a very short walk across the street and they had chairs and beach supplies available for us to use so we didn't have to bring anything with us.

There is a Sloppy Joe's, Publix, and other restaurants within walking distance. We only drove once and that was to buy bait!

When I told my son we were having a "screen free" weekend he wasn't happy. Once we were there he had so much to do he never even noticed. At night we made popcorn and played board games. He had a blast!

The best part was everyone was so friendly, the staff and the other guests. My son made friends at the pool and friends fishing. It was so relaxing and comfortable. When we left my son made sure with me that we would be coming back. And we will. We are planning on making this our summer mini-vacation spot.

I would highly recommend this gem to those passing through as well as anyone in the area just wanting some days of relaxation away from the work and housework! Thank you so much for providing such a great place to relax!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle S
Hi Michelle,
I think it's great that you went "screen-less" during your stay. There is so much to do without sitting in front of the TV, and it's great that your son had a nice experience fishing off the docks. I remember how excited your son was and good for him. Making friends here with folks you didn't know before happens a lot here at Westwinds. It's the laid back feeling you get while here. Jimmy Dean, GM
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After a nearby resort somehow LOST our reservation and then refusing to allow my wife to stay in alternate accomodations because she was less than happy, we found our way to the Westwinds Resort. While not directly on the beach as we originally intended, we still had only a very short walk to the beach. Westwinds itself is amazing. Large beautiful rooms, updated features, and clean clean clean. The pool and patio furniture was all nice and new. Cant wait to return next spring!

2 Thank Chris R
Thank you so much Chris, we will see you next spring. We loved having you here with us.
Jimmy Dean, GM
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family just got back from our stay at "Westwinds Waterfront Resort". We were very happy with our accommodations. The condo was very tasteful and well equipped. The resort is a short walk to the beach. On top of the condo, all the extra things were appreciated. Free beach towels and toys. Gas grills and a huge pool. Me and my family will vacation there again.

2 Thank Chad S
Chad give us a call anytime and we'll do our best to take care of your vacation needs. Thank for staying with us. Jimmy Dean, GM
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 July 2014

3 minutes away from the beach. We had a glorious time. The staff were very helpful. Beautiful condos. We booked two condos, very spacious and clean. Next time we would like to have one overlooking the bay as our rooms were by the road.

Room Tip: Would check out if everything is in order and if not inform management.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Skanag
Thank you and please never hesitate to tell staff if there is anything out of order or anything you may need. We will always do what we can to make your stay the best it can be. Jimmy Dean, GM
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 July 2014

At first I wanted to stay some place on the beach. But I'm glad we stayed on the bay side. This gave us the best of both worlds. We enjoyed looking at the houses, boats and activities on the water throughout the day. The staff was very prompt and friendly. I loved the décor and the space. I loved that there was no carpet. The master shower and all the closet were spacious. I thought the beds were comfortable. That was probably the best sleep I ever got in a condo/hotel. The grill/patio area was really nice. The beach is right across the street! There were plenty of toys, umbrellas and chairs for the pool and beach. We loved walking to Publix. There are a lot of other places to shop and eat within little walking distance. After driving through Treasure Island, St. Pete and Clearwater and we were glad we booked at Westwinds. We feel this is the best as far as locations.
Now for the cons. The elevator was old and outdated. We decided to use it only when necessary. I kept hearing a lot of noises behind the master bedroom wall and above us. I finally reported it to the office and that day the people were checking out. I only got one day of quiet before the next group checked in. If we are to book here again I will request for the top floor. I'm not sure why I was hearing noises on the other side of our wall because that was the hallway. I'm thinking it might have been the elevator. I had seen pictures before coming and was a little disappointed that the kitchen was a little narrow for all of us to be in at once. The pool was small. My 8 year old didn't like the bugs that were in it. I didn't particularly care for the rental properties that were right next to us. Also she slept on the pull out couch and said it was uncomfortable. We laid on it for a little while and she was right. The Wi-Fi only seem to work in the common area I tried it several times in the bedroom. I forgot about the additional charge for the cleaning fee. And the towels and washcloths are limited and only changed every 3 to 5 days. They exchanged some for me but I found a Wal-Mart close by to satisfy my need. (We're used to staying at the Residence Inns and other Marriot hotels)
Besides the things I mentioned I would give it a 5 star in addition to having a balcony. That would have made it perfect. If we come back we probably will stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure you get the bay side and I prefer the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family