Westwinds Waterfront Resort
US$217
US$195
Bilmar Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$189
US$166
Agoda.com
US$202
Hotels.com
US$162
US$118
AscendHotels
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$163
Treasure Island Ocean Club(Treasure Island)
US$131
Surf Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$288
US$281
Travelocity
The Bayside Inn & Marina(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
Beach House Hotel(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$101
Travelocity
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
US$372
All reviewsjimmy deanacross the streetwithin walking distancegrocery storecleaning chargeboca ciega baydolphins playbath condosaw dolphinsgreat fishingthe property managerthe inter coastalintercoastal waterwayperfect locationwell stocked kitchenbeach chairswashers and dryers
Reviewed 16 August 2014

5 of us, all in our 30's rented a 2/2. It was perfect! very quiet, great pool, excellent location to all the places we wanted to go to. Publix grocery store was one block away which made it very easy to go when we decided what meals we were going to cook in the very well equipped kitchen and great grilling area by the pool. Liquor store was walking distance too. We didn't need a car for anything. Condo was very well stocked with towels, extra pillows and blankets and yes, a cork screw and ice maker. Views were great. Jimmy at the front desk is super friendly and accommodating. His recommendations were great, especially the middle grounds restaurant. He even showed us where the beach chairs were that we could barrow to go to the beach with!! Great touch and there are plenty. Beach access it right across the street. We told him we will defiantly be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
JimmyDean55, General Manager at Westwinds Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Having your group here was a blast. It was great seeing you and your party having such a wonderful time. We are definitely looking forward to seeing you all again. Jimmy Dean, GM

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We rented a one bedroom unit (#312). The manager, Jimmy (by the way, LOVED him!!) told me up front it didn't have a water view. Lo and behold, after arriving one of the first things I did was open the bedroom blind and see a lovely view of the bay. You do have to turn your head 5-10 degrees to see it, but hey-a very nice surprise! The building is right across the street from the beach. Be prepared for a nice walk as the beach is very wide, much wider than what I am used to seeing in the Destin/Seaside area. The unit was furnished and appropriately decorated with a nice mix of modern and traditional. For a "small" unit of 460 some-odd square feet, we never felt cramped at all. I would suggest, however, instead of the cute pictures hanging over the toilet in the bathroom add an extra towel bar/shelf combo (like the ones at Ikea) because we had no where to hang used towels to dry. There is one bar provided, but it is very narrow. We found some plastic hangers in the closet and made use of them for our towels and washcloths and made do just fine. I found the bed to be too soft for my liking. I would lie flat on my edge/side but somehow gravity would pull me to the center, or closer to where my husband was lying. These small issues would in no way keep me from returning. Matter of fact, we are already considering returning in March 2015! I want to make sure I also add that the Manager, Jimmy was SUPER nice and helpful. I know this can be challenging considering we rented this unit only one day before arriving. The young lady who works with him (I didn't get her name) was SUPER nice and very helpful as well. They both made us feel very welcome!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, you are very kind. I will pass on the compliments to the staff. We are in the process of adding additional towel bars or hooks per your and others suggestions...We do listen to our guests and try our best to provide the best product we can. Thank you again, Jimmy Dean, GM

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a two-bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor right towards the street but we were pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was. On the other hand, the A/C was quite loud, that's probably why we couldn't hear the street...

The only thing that was a bit bothersome was the size of the bathroom. For 2 adults and 3 kids it was really tiny.

The location was great with easy walking distance to the beach, restaurant and Publix.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingo M

I understand your concern about the bathroom that was in your unit. Next time you may want to book a 2bedroom 2 bathroom instead of the 2/1. We want all of our guest to be happy and satisfied while staying here at Westwinds. Jimmy Dean, GM

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We live nearby but are landlocked and my family just needed a few days away. After looking at several options we decided on Westwinds. I am so glad we did. This place was like a home away from home. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. And it was huge! The decor was nice and very appropriate for a beach getaway. The kitchen was small but sufficient for us to cook breakfasts and snacks (we ate out for dinners by choice).

We had a room by the pool which my son loved. There were plenty of pool toys and it was very clean. We did a lot of fishing from the docks and it was very relaxing. The beach was a very short walk across the street and they had chairs and beach supplies available for us to use so we didn't have to bring anything with us.

There is a Sloppy Joe's, Publix, and other restaurants within walking distance. We only drove once and that was to buy bait!

When I told my son we were having a "screen free" weekend he wasn't happy. Once we were there he had so much to do he never even noticed. At night we made popcorn and played board games. He had a blast!

The best part was everyone was so friendly, the staff and the other guests. My son made friends at the pool and friends fishing. It was so relaxing and comfortable. When we left my son made sure with me that we would be coming back. And we will. We are planning on making this our summer mini-vacation spot.

I would highly recommend this gem to those passing through as well as anyone in the area just wanting some days of relaxation away from the work and housework! Thank you so much for providing such a great place to relax!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle S

Hi Michelle,
I think it's great that you went "screen-less" during your stay. There is so much to do without sitting in front of the TV, and it's great that your son had a nice experience fishing off the docks. I remember how excited your son was and good for him. Making friends here with folks you didn't know before happens a lot here at Westwinds. It's the laid back feeling you get while here. Jimmy Dean, GM

Reviewed 4 August 2014

After a nearby resort somehow LOST our reservation and then refusing to allow my wife to stay in alternate accomodations because she was less than happy, we found our way to the Westwinds Resort. While not directly on the beach as we originally intended, we still had only a very short walk to the beach. Westwinds itself is amazing. Large beautiful rooms, updated features, and clean clean clean. The pool and patio furniture was all nice and new. Cant wait to return next spring!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris R

Thank you so much Chris, we will see you next spring. We loved having you here with us.
Jimmy Dean, GM