“BEST, yes Best!, Beach Stay for a Local of 25 Years”

South Beach Condo/Hotel
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Land O Lakes, Florida
“BEST, yes Best!, Beach Stay for a Local of 25 Years”
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I just got back from 4 wonderful days. We own a time share a few properties down, but we never get enough getaways to the sand and surf from Tampa. We have stayed at many places on Treasure Island, and I really like to have a full kitchen and laundry, and this place has REALLY won me. Places where one can really feel at home often do not do less than a week's rental.

I must also comment on the service, which was excellent. I had made reservations for a 3 night stay, then heard from my son in the military that he had a week's leave and would arrive in the middle of our reservation.. The staff easily shifted some rooms around to allow me to add an additional day. Since we were checking out on a Monday in low season, they were happy to allow a late checkout and let the kid sleep in.

Treasure Island is the best beach on west-central Florida. The South Beach's location is an easy under 1/4 mile walk to many restaurants, shops, etc. If I could, I would post a picture.... had one of those awesome crimson with flashes of light sunsets on Friday.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The staff was fantastic, and the rooms were excellent. I was there with a 10, 6, and 2 year old. All of the rooms have a view of the beach and the pool. The beach was beautiful, and the pool was great when we didn't want to be in the salt water. There were also great restaurants within walking distance of the condos. I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My husband and I, our children, our grandchildren, and now with friends - this is where we go to vacation and rest everytime we can get away from our home in Gainesville. It is staffed by the most pleasant hotel people we have ever met, especially the Manager, Ms Crystal Isenberg. She is beyond over the top in customer service. The Condos are immaculate every time we visit, and the grounds are some of the prettiest around with the greenest grass and beautiful tropical plants. The pool is lovely and the furniture is always up to date and comfortable. The large swinging hammocks are a wonderful end to a relaxing day. I would encourage anyone looking for the perfect Condo right on Treasure Island overlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, this is the place for you!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Just returned from a wonderful stay. Clean, spacious amenities, pleasant staff, beautiful beach, great location. If you're looking to get away for a little while but not willing to stay at an overpriced hotel, this is your place. It has everything you need for easy beach living. Quiet, affordable and perfect for families. Thanks for a great weekend - The Nuffer Family.

• Stayed June 2010
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2010

This condo was a wonderful suprise. Will go back again.
ID # 553

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We love this place this is the 3rd. time that we have stayed here the last two times was under different management, our stay awesome our flight was delayed so we wouldnt be checking in until after hours so JoAnn gave me a code to enter when I got there so I could get my key it was so easy and smooth we then went to our room and it was as beautiful as I remembered the views are beautiful one morning while swimming with the kids the dolphins were also taking a swim which was so exciting for the kids. Our room was well stocked it was just like being at home only thing we needed was a quick stop at the publix supermarket to pick up a few things. The parking is very easy always able to find a spot actually I was able to park in the same spot for 5 days, the pool was great. I can't say enough about this place we can't wait to go back and stay longer next time. The only bad experience we had is when my daughter slipped and cut her head (minor) at the ping pong table very slick when wet but you know how kids listen when you tell them not to run jsut like the sign stated. so that was my fault.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We have stayed here for a few long weekends now and have had a good experience every time!!! Thank you

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple