“A Model for High Standards and Quality Service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Arvilla Resort Motel Treasure Island
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Key West, Florida
“A Model for High Standards and Quality Service”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We came in search of property surrounding this wonderful beach. We asked our realtor for a few names of hotels and she gave us some fancy modern places along with some oldies but goodies. The Arvilla looked charming and we took a chance. Wow! If you want to enjoy staying in a quaint hotel with a fabulous pool steps from the beach than look no further. The service is superb and the facilities are clean. We even some locals that choose the Arvilla again and again when they want to get away from the hustle bustle of traffic and sip cocktails watching the sunset from the cozy chairs that surround this establishment. We are happy to say that we found our new hotel to recommend to family when they come to visit us in our new home:)

Room Tip: Bring extra beach towels and sturdy flip-flops as the beach is a long walk to the water:)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kwartist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Seven Valleys, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is our third stay at the Arvilla. Our first stay was back in the early 90's. Then, again in 2000. Now, it's 2012. Lots of things change in 12 years, but we were hoping the Arvilla had not. We were pleasantly surprised that the room was just as clean and the staff just as nice as we had remembered. Shurla, Greg and Lisa made sure everything was perfect. Jim, the owner, stopped by almost every day to chat with the poolside and terrace guests and to ensure things were going smoothly. In short, this is a great place to stay! The pool is crystal clear, the beach is right there and the staff is very friendly. What more could you ask for? We look forward to staying at the Arvilla again the next time we visit Treasure Island.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Will_and_Sandy
Ferndale, MI
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Staying at Arvilla was completely by chance, and I was so lucky!! I arrived at the resort around 5am with no reservation, when the whole of Treasure Island was asleep. Bless his heart, I woke Jim out of sleep and he came to my rescue and rented me a room! I couldn't apologize enough for this rude inconvenience of mine, and his response was- "don't worry, I was getting up in an hour anyway." I was so thankful! If it weren't for him I probably would have been sleeping on the beach!

In addition to Jim, the sincerity and kindness of the staff is comparable to what family would do for you. I'm not a high-maintenance guest (except at 5am on a Saturday morning), but the few things that I did need, everyone was happy to help with a smile and a nice chat included!

My room was the perfect size and was super clean. It included a microwave, toaster, fridge and freezer, and dishes- including a coffee mug for the fresh brewed coffee in the common area (which is perfect to have when you stumble down the stairs with a slight hangover...). The bathroom was clean with adequate towels with cute deco.

Outside every room are chairs and tables where you can chill and enjoy your coffee, breakfast, or a cigarette.

Outside in the common area is the pool with loungers, and tables with umbrellas by a sweet grill. The grocery story is just a short walk away, so you have everything you need to make a meal at Arvilla. There is also a clean, nice size pool, although I couldn't bring myself to use it with the beach steps away...

The location of Arvilla is perfect. The beach is amazing, the sand soft, and the sunsets are gorgeous. Bars are close by, It is perfect to go for a run on the boardwalk, along Gulf Blvd, or just walk along the beach.

I can't think of one thing I would improve about Arvilla or my experience there. For me, it was one pleasant surprise after another. I have traveled the world, and give honest critiques of my experiences. This experience ranks high on my list in many ways. Just typing this review makes me want to go back there immediately!!!

Thanks, Arvilla, for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: any room is great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank hdanna
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2012

First of all, I have to say that I was a bit skeptical about staying at a motel, as everybody knows that they are usually very dirty and uninspiring places, but the Arvilla motel is different. We found it by chance after going through about five or six other motels (all of which were not nice, as they charged a higher rate and had rooms that had a smell of smoke...), and we were surprised by its cleanliness and by the courtesy of the staff. The pool was clean and right in front of our room, and the beach was right next to the motel (be prepared to walk a bit to get to the sea). All in all, we thought it was very good.

Room Tip: The rooms at the very end of the motel are larger and offer a beach view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sam C
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have to admit that upon first glance, the Arvilla might not seem like a gem in the sand, but it fits well in the Treasure Island landscape. Upon arriving, I got the "extra mile" service that i expect to find only in my home town. After inspecting the room, I was pleasantly surprised to see tidy, well maintained spaces with all the amenities, including stove, fridge, and microwave. The beach is right out back, just behind the pristine looking pool, a welcome sight after a 12 hour drive. My kids are in love and even though we planned on only one night here since we are supposed to be beach camping at desoto, we may end up staying a little longer then we planned. Shop local at the Arvilla and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: 115 and 116 are right next to the parking lot and the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Brad R
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We decided at the last minute to go to the beach for the holiday weekend and could not find a room anywhere til we found the Arvilla, we were a little skeptical being they were not booked like everybody else but decided we would give it a shot. WOW what a pleasant surprise when we found a very clean, cute room and grounds. The employees were all very nice and would check with you each day to see how you were doing and if you needed anything. Greg was absolutely great when booking the reservation, Shurla was great the whole weekend and Makila was awesone when we checked out. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, relaxing place to stay - Arvilla is the place. We are now looking forward to going back for a whole week. Thanks Arvilla

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Alan P
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Right on the Gulf, spotless and roomy! Pool was fantastic! Friendly staff. I have been vacationing in Treasure Island for years and have stayed in several places on the Beach. This was the best trip yet! Relaxing and felt like home!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family