All reviews great place to stay clean pool mom and pop great pool john's pass stayed nights spring break malika brenda vacation beach sidewalk fl kitchenette publix
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Annual vacation June/July keeps getting longer and longer. We stayed 17 nights this year. This place is the best. The owners/staff are awesome and like family to us. Special mention goes to Greg, Malika, Debbie and Maria. They all make your stay so fun and comfortable and always willing to go the extra mile for you. The resort and our room is always so very clean and inviting. The pool is fabulous and it is a beautiful walk to the amazing beach. You must watch the sunsets. If you stay here, you won't want to stay anywhere else. Thanks Arvilla for always making our vacation fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We stayed from 7-1-17 to 7-8-17. I had 2 rooms. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The pool was very clean and warm. The pool area was kept clean as well. Close to John's Pass and the pier. Malaka at the front desk was very nice and accommodating . We are making plans on going back in October and Christmas. Great place and very quiet..Pat G

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2017

My best friend and I, with our 4 children, stayed in the large efficiency. It was poolside with a beach view. 2 beds and pull out sofa, full kitchen and we fit comfortably. The hotel is older but very well kept. We were greeted by Deb, the maid. She is AMAZING! She is very attentive and very nice! All the staff we encountered over the weekend were very friendly! I was surprised entering our room as it was very clean and smelled very good! Being an older hotel you don't expect that! Pool is large and clean. Plenty of pool furniture also, which was nice. Beach is a bit of a walk from the hotel but it's like that everywhere in Treasure Island. The path out there was nice and maintained though. The only complaints I had was the A/C didn't cool our room as well as we'd like and the shower pressure was very low but overall, we were very satisfied with our stay and will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I have read some of the reviews on this place and let me say that if those negative things were true I would give it the same rating. However if you want to drag something down let pictures tell your story, easy enough to do, we usually have a phone glued to our body at all times. I on the other hand found this place to be wonderful. I booked a weekend for me and my wife, she had a wonderful time. The room was just what I expected and more.

We picked a beach view suite and it was not only spacious but extremely clean, you could tell the cleaning service was top shelf. I looked everywhere for a non clean surface and could not find anything obvious. I wish I would have taken pictures so you could see just how nice it was. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed something.

The kitchens were stocked with more than I had thought they would be, Parking is tight but all hotels on the beach are the same. there are still some upgrades they are doing, and in short order they will get er done, so to speak. I would give this place a 5 star rating but they are a mom and pop not a major resort.

Room Tip: Beach view suites are the best, but most rooms are pool view, nice and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stayed at Arvilla 2 years ago and it was wonderful , so wonderful I booked again. Something has happened to the facilities in he last 2 years. When we arrived the parking lot was empty? it was spring break!. I checked in and was given keys. ( I had my mother and brother staying as well and a cousin too) My room smelled like mildew, the bathroom had water stains as the upstairs bathroom flooded the ceiling and walls. Looked as if they painted over it and the stains and smell was there, The curtains were filthy the decor was dated and actually the chairs did not match. The door was rusty and the a/c was foul. I went up to my brothers room and their bathroom was disgusting. The beds were old and the chairs in his room looked as if they bought out old office furniture. The room was musty. NOT that being said.. I would have gladly paid $45 or $55 dollars for these rooms. I was MOST GRATEFUL THEY GAVE ALL # OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS OUR MONEY BACK!! in full! that was very kind considering I took photos of everything. I think with a little updating and such they can be back on top!. I was able to book a beach resort down the way with 2 restaurants / 2 pools / hot tub/ free beach chairs/ free paddle boards/ kids eat free/ free bikes/ music each night and modern rooms.. for $100 more for the week.

Room Tip: call to see if they have updated the rooms since april 2017 they have no elevators to second floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family