“Our home away from home”

Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Hartford City
“Our home away from home”
Reviewed 24 April 2007

Although we weren't able to be at Page Terrace in spring of 2007 we have been going there for the last five years and will be returning in March 2008. Cleanest, friendliest place in Treasure Island. Roman, Christine and Arthur go out of their way to make everyone feel at home. This is our "little piece of heaven"

• Liked — clean, clean, clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LindaUsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
pueblo, colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2007

I came to the property for a family wedding it was by far the best place we ever stayed at. The staff was there for anything we needed the young guy i think his name was arthur was awsome. I called the fornt desk to see if they had any asprin but they did not and i couldn't leave because i was watching our daughter. He then showed at our door with the asprin in hand. He left the hotel to a convience store and picked it up and brought it too us. By far the best staff that ihad come across

• Stayed March 2007
5 Thank dariusz
Albany NY
Reviewed 31 March 2007

As Sara from San Diego stated that she has paid so much more
staying on beaches elsewhere.

I spend very little time in my room, and $300.00 a night is crazy.

Page Terrace has everthing you need for a pleasant stay, with great rates, friendly and very helpful people that own and run the place.

I look at it this way If Im paying less I can stay longer too.

Im really looking forward to going back October 08, if you have never stayed there, give it a try, you will love the place!

Ellen

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank Ellen23
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 27 March 2007

I am in the business of dealing with the public on a daily basis and I understand that you can' t believe all the comments if they aren't consistent. And when I did my homework to find the best place for the money for Spring Break for me and my son who I meet up with in Florida. I found many placees that went up to above $350 a night. That is expensive!!! I shopped around and came across Treasure Island and in this little quiet island is the Page Terrace Motel, we on the other hand had a large Two room Suite over looking the Gulf of Mexico which was perfect for four adults. It had everything that I was looking for and more for $125 a night. That is cheaper then my slowest time in San Diego in the summer.
I had asked the manager about the comment of closing the pool at early hours and what he said was it was one of the coldest nights of the year and he did extend the hours longer than usual but it dipped below 50 degrees and he had to close the pool. It is a very simple concept, however I stay ed during spring break on March 18 for one week and I have to say that I stayed in a four star hotel not a motel in Hawaii and the pool was freezing cold if you need to know it was the Turtle Bay Resort and it was above $250 a night with a frezzing cold pool. The Pacific Ocean was warmer than the pool.
On the other hand at the Page Terrace Motel a small family owned and operated place they covered the pool after it got chilly at night at around 10pm because they kept the pool is very warm at I would say above 80 degrees.
The funny thing is I am inthe business of directly dealing with the public and it isn't easy and I look very hard at things that I dont like at both my property and others that I stay at and sometimes I point it out but you really have to go out of your way to find something wrong here at the Page. I had a bad experience at the San Diego Airport but I am not going to take that out on the motel that I am staying at on vacation. Sometime I dont understand it.
Also I would like to pint out some resturants that were great during my stay the Middle Ground Grill it was good, Salt Rock Grill which was Great and a Sushi place at Baywalk in downtown St Pete it was called Tokyo I think and it was pricy but awesome.
So getting to the point I recommend the Page Terrace Motel to all and I hope they stay the way they and dont tear down for those large over priced Condo/Motel. And most importantly I will be back.

Sara Landcaster, San Diego CA
sara_2ster@yahoo.com

PS I would take some picture but my camera fell into the water!!

• Liked — Location, Clean, Affordable, Quiet, Location, Location, Atmosphere!!! The Page shoud be #1!!
  • Disliked — Nothing at All
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank sara_2ster
Fort Collins CO
Reviewed 6 February 2007

Stayed for a four nights before my wife and I departed for our cruise from Tampa. I was impressed with the cleanliness of my room which was #336 and it had a great view of the Gulf. It had all the necessities and free wireless internet access which was very useful in my situation. Some other properties charged including the city of Treasure which has WiFI program across the city. The family that owns the place recommeded some great places to eat and were very helpful. In walking distance there are plenty of restaurants, a nightclub called Cabanas which had live music and DJs and a good atmosphere. A great place for seafood and steak, Middle Grounds Grill which is walking distance and Salt Rock Grill which is a short drive. Then there is Johns Pass less then a mile away which has just about everything. The only flaw of the island in my option is the nearest grocery store is about 2.5 miles but the manager said that a new Publix is opening soon. And you don't even need a car; there is a trolley service that runs everywhere. By the way the sunsets are amazing and I will be back and this time with the kids.
Shawn from Fort Collins CO

• Liked — Rooms were Clean, location of the property, reasonable rates
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ShawnCO
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2007

We stayed at the Page Terrace for 3 weeks in September 2006 and again in December/January for 2 weeks. This is a great place to stay. The owners and their staff are very helpful and courteous and keep the place very clean. We have been coming every year to Treasure Island for over 20 years now and have stayed at various motels in the area. By far, Page Terrace is our favourite place and we hope to return this September/October as well. It is an ideal location, where you can walk to the restaurants, stores and the beach. The Sun Trolley is just outside the door where you can travel up and down Gulf Blvd. from St. Pete's to Clearwater Beach. A great location for kids as well.

• Liked — Cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — no negatives
  • Stayed September 2006
4 Thank Alannis
USA
Reviewed 19 December 2006

We have been staying at the Page Terrace for 5 years now and it's been great but boy has it changed. They let party people stay there to keep you awake all night but the managers go home at 10:00 PM. I guess the owners can't stand it either. Out of 6 nights we got zero full nights sleep. Also, there is no maid service on Sunday so be sure not to run out of toilet paper like we did. Obviously we will NEVER stay there again. I guess if you lock yourself out of your room after 10:00 pm you get the privilage of sleeping in your car. In the good old days the tennants were snowbirds having a very nice quiet time playing shuffleboard. Now it's kids with capguns keeping you awake at 11:00 pm, people howling and running up and down stairs at 2:00 am, people laughing loudly and drinking on the balkony at midnight til 2:00 am, and party people coming back to their room at 1:30 am and keeping you awake till 3:30 am. The above were actual nights this last December trip.

The Old Grey Motel.....she ain't what she used to be.

Stayed November 2006
7 Thank nkrbdy
PageTerraceMotel, Public Relations Manager at Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
We are sorry for your concerns. Anytime a guest has any concern no matter what time, we are available to provide immediate attention. All rooms have a direct number that connects to our owner/manager on duty. We do appreciate when guests respect each other during their stay and are available to help correct any problem.