“We got married 11-11-11 on Treasure Island... Thanks Tahitian for all your help...”

The Tahitian Resort Treasure Island
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We got married on 11-11-11 on Treasure Island beach. We and another wedding occupied the entire hotel. The office and cleaning staff had a heck of a job that weekend, and they were as amazing as the ceremony and celebration itself. Without the Tahitian and it's staff, the whole weekend and wedding experience could not have gone as smoothly.

THANK YOU TAHITIAN!! We'll be back for our first anniversary :)

One minor things, that I didn't get to mention before we checked out...
the absolute only thing that needs to be fixed is the squeaky kids' swing... :)

Room Tip: Gulf view all the way
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at The Tahitian Resort last weekend. The staff was extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful. I traveled for an 11:11 p.m. aura merging ceremony on 11/11/11 under the full moon on the beach. We had to cook to prepare and everything we could have possibly needed was found in their kitchen and efficiency units. Thank you Tahitian. I will be back! Darlene M. Sylvester. P.S. I forgot my jacket there and they call me to ask me how I wanted it returned! I thought that was awesome!

Room Tip: Ask the staff what they would recommend. They were very helpful!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Older style "apartment" type rooms. We hade a pool side room. As other reviews say, it does seem outdated but was amazingly clean and had that "old Florida" feel. Not a stuffy condo or hotel where they are worried about the money, these people take care of their visitors. Staff were amazing. We had a drunken couple acting very distasteful on balcony across from us and as soon as we alerted the staff of the disturbing behavior, they were on top of it and had them evicted. I can't say enough about the cleanliness and the staff..top notch.. only complaints is that the web site and brochures say grills and heated pool but the pool heating is seasonal ( they say for the Winter if you ask) but it was very very chilly and several guests were upset that it was to cold to use.I paid for a pool room to use the pool, not look at it. Grills were in very bad shape and the one that was useable had no grilling tools.Take beach towels, they provide them but not thick enough to be comfortable on the beach. Wear shoes walking to the beach, it is covered in shells from the first step on the sand. Be prepared to walk a long distance to the beach. No matter where you stay, the walk is extensive to get to the water. Can not wait for my next stay, I will definetly be back to this place! I just hope the pool is heated and the grill is ready to fire up. Kudos to Ben for dealing with the drunks and to the rest of the staff working Oct 15 after four thru the rest of our stay on Monday...it was like being with good friends.Thanks

Room Tip: ask for pool view or gulf front view. They do have smoking rooms across the streets but you have to...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank calesmom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I needed to get away for a few days. Went to the west coast and stayed at the Tahitian Resort. It is an older motel but very well maintained. The young man at the front desk - James - was very helpful. We stayed 4 days and will go back again!! Great prices!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tarponlady
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We had a birthday party there with lots of out of town guests that could not spend a lot of money on a room. The rooms were all big with different configurations. The big outdoor patio in the back gave the little kids a place to romp and another large covered patio was a great meeting place for the adults all while keeping a view of the beach. Not a new hotel but an old "kitchy" beach style stay. The pool was in one quadrant while the covered patio was in another area giving the opportunity for lots of recreation space. Within walking distance to its sister property the Thunderbird and many restaurants (they have free taxis on the island!) so everything you need is close by. The beach is the widest in the state and the gulf sunsets cannot be beat!

Room Tip: Lots of waterview rooms first and second floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Don't expect to be living the life of luxury at this quaint old Florida style hotel, which is just what we were looking for. I rented the spacious two bedroom suite in the courtyard which came equipped with a full size refrigerator and stove. There were two full beds per room and the living room had a couple of recliners and a sofa. If you are looking for a small laid back hotel on the beach, this is the spot! We hosted a total of twelve hotel rooms and received compliments on hot appropriately outdated the hotel was, which left the guests feeling like they had time traveled back before the condo development took flight in Treasure Island. The hotel staff, including the house keeping crew, was amazing at coordinating the reservations leading up to the weekend. I was particularly pleased with the help Jesse provided in a calm and laid back demeanor. We were able to host a small get together in the courtyard area since we occuppied all of the rooms out in that wing of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to any non-diva who is looking for a charming get away.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Take your own food and drinks, but visit Ricky T's just down the street. Live music, food and drinks
Stayed 3 nights in a two bedroon, full kitchen, on the beach. $100 per night

Beach towels at the front desk. Bar B Q grills on patio

Room Tip: weekdays are the best rates.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple