“Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Princeton, West Virginia
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My family and I always stay at the Tahitian in St. Petersburg, Florida when we are in the area. I just returned from my most recent stay there. The room was clean and comfortable. I usually have trouble sleeping at night, but the beds were so cozy that I was able to sleep through the night. I like the fact that the room has a small kitchen, complete with stove, refrigerator, utensils, silverware, plates, bowls, etc. Even the kitchen linens and dish detergent are provided. Everyone was so helpful, friendly, and accommodating, and the price is perfect. I highly recommend this establishment to others!

2 Thank 907Judyf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We rented a courtyard view efficiency for 2 adults, 3 small children. Good bang for the buck being right on the beach. we purchased food and did not go out to eat at all as efficiency comes with a fridge, micro, and stove. Parking is tight, but we had no problem while we were there. We have a 1 year old and she was able to slip between the bars of the pool fence, and the 2nd floor railing, so it was a good thing that we were in the courtyard 1st floor area. pool is nice. kiddie pool is a bonus, however the kiddie pool is not fenced in. Perhaps they should consider fencing in that area as well. Dawn at the front desk was great. April our housekeeper was wonderful and did an excellent job. Hotel provides towels which cut down on packing and laundry. Lots of smokers and ashtrays, if that bothers you, you may want to consider staying elsewhere. We had a good time, great place to take the kids if you want to be right on the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms in the courtyard are quieter than poolside. stay on the ground floor if you have a child under...
2 Thank Jan C
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have been coming to the Tahitian for more than 14 years now, and still love it. Two story small hotel that is family friendly. This time rented a pool side suite and a hotel room efficiency. It was great for the kids being close to pool, and very convenient for grilling out and packing picnics for the beach. Love the big beach out front. We always stay Sun-Fri, so as not to experience the rowdier weekends. Looking to make it an annual trip, as we met friends several years ago from Chicago that have been coming for more than 16 years now for their family reunion. Quick walk to restaurants, some shops, and a short trip via trolley to Johns pass. Had great service from Tracey, Dawn, KKKJL and Luis! Remember tho, only one parking space per room.

3 Thank Robin R
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is definitely not a resort, but is a nice little hotel right on the beach. Parking sucks (only one parking pass but there were 2 couples). We were there for a wedding down the road. we had the rest of the weekend to ourselves. Great location, easy to walk anywhere we needed to go. LOVED the area west of hotel closest to the beach. We were able to grill out and be as loud as we want passed the 10PM quite time. Would also be a good family hotel as alot of people had their kids.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Josh W
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been to Treasure Island many times, but for the first time this year stayed at the Tahitian. I absolutely loved my first time stay this last April and have been back 2 more times (May, June). I love the old Florida rooms and was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, particularly the beds. Sure, the bathrooms are dated and the rooms are not fancy, the window air is a bit loud (which I love) but I come for the beach and to relax...and relax I did. Yes, the pool side rooms can be just a bit noisy but that's to be expected. I have stayed both upstairs, downstairs and have enjoyed both. All rooms are smoke free however smoking is permitted outside on the porches. This could be a drawback if you’re highly sensitive to smoke. I would prefer there be a designated smoking area somewhere else other than just outside the rooms but this did not keep me from coming back. I will say that all this would be nothing if they didn’t keep the cost down. The Tahitian has maintained an affordable way for us to stay Gulf-side in a warm old Florida atmosphere.
The front desk staff has been more than helpful and very friendly. I wanted to have their names so I could include them in this review. My first visit was booked by Tracey. She is one of the main reason my stay was so pleasant the first time that I wanted to come back. The others are great too. They were Luis at the front desk, the ladies who took care of my room were Dawn & Charlene. Thank you all for your hard work.

Room Tip: Love the upstairs gulfview rooms! They seemed to be a bit more private too :) The rooms have been up...
2 Thank Christy S
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We've been coming here since I was a kid. It's not as nice as it's big brother The Thunderbird but for the money it's a nice little place. Hard to find a place on the beach under 100 bucks but you can here. Love playing shuffleboard. I always beat my girl :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry813
Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed just 1 night in order to be within driving distance of the airport. Clean, quiet and the best thing.....location, location, location! Waffle & Steak for a very early breakfast and great grill restaurant for an amazing dinner all within walking distance. Great brach access, but due to our schedule and a rainstorm didn't get to take advantage of the pool or beach. I would try again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple