“Bad Desk Service”

Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Bad Desk Service”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I found the room Comfortable, and overall quite good. The service, especially from the desk personnel was rude. The room was paid for in advance and thy wanted $100 deposit or another Credit card number to cover possible damages. When I questioned this they got rude and angry..
They are far from Handicap friendly. There is not enough parking on the same side of the street. There is only one handicap space and it is not marked properly.
All in all I felt distrusted. When we found a problem we felt as though we had to call and hve them look at it so that we did not get charged for needed repairs. . When we left in the morning the room was cleaned but coffee and creamer and sugar were not replaced

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This isn't the Westin, but it does have that comfortable, beach vibe to it. Staff at front desk was wonderful...helpful with close restaurants and free cab (must tip them) service. The room was comfortable, clean...room is a little dated, but didn't expect different. It is very nice to have the full fridge, (didn't use the stove, but it was there). We only stayed two days, it would be very handy for a family or longer stay.
The beach is close, the water isn't necessarily close to the hotel, but it isn't a far walk and does offer a buffer from the noise from the street. (by this I mean that where this hotel is located, there is a bit of beach before you get to the water...but its not a bad walk)...
We stayed on the second floor, beach side, didn't have any problems with noise or anything else. There a only a few parking spots, but we didn't have any issues.
we would stay here again.

Room Tip: we suggest the portion of hotel away from the pool, just to avoid any possible noise issues. We ask...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I haven't stayed at this place since I was a little kid. I wanted a specific room that I had when I was young (for sentimental family vacation reasons). Dawn, one of the most helpful people I've met, worked so hard to make it happen. Her extra effort to make my family's stay special was quite heartwarming in an age where most people seemingly do the least that is required of them. Oh, and the sunset view from my room this evening was breathtaking!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

It's a older place. It's kinda of retro. We stayed in room 125 and loved it. Could of used a couple more electrical wall outlets. Sarah at the front desk was a great. I would recommend it. It has great beach access and it's close to everything. We will be back.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Parking was terrible. Didnt clean the rooms. I knpw bc I had my hair dyed and for the 3 days we were there the same towels and pillowcases remained the same with my hair dye on them where my hair had gotten wet.one of our room keys was stolen out of our room once we left to go to an attraction. Also the hot water didnt work at all. Over all a horrible experience and I wont be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patti B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Overall great place and visit. The beach was absolutely beautiful. Staff friendly. We were originally given a tiny room right by the pool. Would have been a tough week for two adults and two children. Upon our request we got an upgrade to a Very nice room and very clean. Plenty of space and a quieter spot. Thanks!

Only real complaint was people smoking pool side. Seemed like all employees and guests were smokers. The room was smoke free, and outside I can usually avoid second hand smoke, but while my kids were in the pool it was unavoidable. Very surprising that smoking was allowed pool side and no concern given for kids and non smoking guests.

Otherwise thanks for the great stay!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was on the bayside but it was really roomy had enough room for me ,myhusband and dog to hang out in...it had a smallkitchen and seperate bedroom with a huge bath and nice shower. Very happy with it will come back with our dog Max

Room Tip: ask for the bottom room on bayside that they usually use for pets...can't remeber the number
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family