“Happy 4th of July, 2013!”

Whispers Resort at Treasure Island
Cartersville, Georgia
“Happy 4th of July, 2013!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband, daughter, 2 small dogs and I stayed at Whispers for a week in 2013...we loved the location, accomodations, bay-side pool, pet friendly attitude and sitting on the dock on the bay fishing! We stayed in the 2 bedroom but soon found out that the one bedroom would have been sufficient! We slept well. Love, loved the location: being on the Bay: getting to enjoy the dolphins in Dolphin Bay (right next to our dock) was a real treat! Dolphins swam up and thru the docks...very cool experience! A friend came to visit from Miami and enjoyed the short stroll to the beach, the restaurants and of course all the shopping out our front door!
My brother in law and wife also paid a visit and the guys loved walking across the street to the bait shop and fishing off our dock! It was quiet and peaceful; our dogs were at home and content.
We did run into a bit of heavy rain...downright out pour for a couple of days...but that did not deter our fun. We ended up dancing in the rain! At 50 years old...who cares?! I am enjoying life while I can!
A huge convenience (that we really appreciated) was the use of a washer and dryer across the pathway from our room! Plus books, magazines, games and fresh linens we could use (at any time 24/7).
I am sorry to read that a couple of others did not experience the joy that we did. I would give it another try. I think Jeffrey, Shandra; the housekeeping and grounds keeping was up to par.
...it was a great time for us.
We all had a good time and plan on staying at Whispers again...next time in a one bedroom!
The Weaver Family Georgia USA

Room Tip: I would stay in King size 1bedroom w couch next time...plenty of room for 4 people to sleep. I think...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LA W
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hi Folks,

Sharda and I are delighted that you had such a wonderful time.

And what spirit! Dancing in the rain.

No wonder the dolphins were attracted to you and came right up to you on the dock. Dolphins are very intuitive.

We are looking forward to seeing you again and thanks so much for staying with us.

Best wishes

Jeffrey and Sharda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were very excited to take a family post Christmas vacation to Florida. Upon arriving to Whispers I knew immediately we had made a bad mistake in choosing our rental. It was described by the owners as "Old Florida," Charming, key west style. Here's a brief summary of the place:
-2 bedroom is tiny, and the walls are as thin as paper..you can hear every noise from the other units I didn't get a good night sleep the whole time we were there.
-Dogs allowed, so get ready to hear barking.
-Unsanitary-yellow stains on bedding (this place would fail the blue light test horribly)
-Pool was freezing! Claimed it would be heated.
-Dirty old towels & Linens
-Kitchen not properly stocked.
-back patios are moldy and dirty
-VERY hot and stuffy, A/C window unit was under a table and not working.

I would recommend this place if you were "passing through" for a night or two, and don't mind a dirty Motel type place.
We were set to stay 6 nights and left after 3 without getting a refund. There are so many other great places to stay in the area, keep looking!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Travel470
You have a written warranty from Sharda and myself that we do do all that we can to meet your needs.

If you need anything whether for the kitchen, additional linens - or anything else - and you dont ask what can we do to help you after you are gone?

You need not have written a negative review and the matters you raise are small and would have been easy to remedy..... IF... you only asked us.

Lets hope that if any guests read this then they will know - if you need additional linens - a special pot in the kitchen - or the pool heat turned up..... - Gee whiz folks ASK!

We are not going to bite your head off.

We want you to be happy.

Let us help you.

The walls in the bedroom of your unit are cement dry wall - not plaster board - with insulation and dry wall. That is more insulation than the average home has.
Back when this was built they built very tough - not like today's standards.

Best wishes to you.

Travellers are raving about these Treasure Island hotels

Reigate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Hubby & I recently returned to Whispers (Unit 1) from the UK for a 15 night stay and were absolutely delighted. We stayed in a 1-bedroom unit and it was brilliant, it had all the facilities we needed and then some, and the free wi-fi is invaluable. Location is perfect, a 2 minute walk from Publix supermarket, numerous restaurants and a little gym, and a 3 minute walk from the beautiful beaches. Whispers has a peaceful, tranquil feel about it, the pool out back is big and spotless, the dock is a lovely place to sit and relax at the end of the day, and yes you DO see dolphins swimming by, we were thrilled!! Owners Jeffrey & Sharda couldn't do enough for us, one or both visited Whispers on a daily basis and are obviously very keen for people to get the most out of their stay, it seemed that nothing was too much trouble. Treasure Island itself is a beautiful place to visit, best beaches ever, and there's the option of quiet and peaceful areas or something with a bit more going on, and it's a great base for seeing that side of the world, we visited Tampa and Clearwater and it's only a 2 hour drive across to Orlando (lovely airport!!); also fairly close is Ellenton Mall, well worth a visit for some bargains and you get to drive across the lovely Sunshine Skyway Bridge (take some change for tolls)! I would most definitely recommend Whispers as a wonderful, safe, comfortable, relaxing, fabulous place to stay, and we are already thinking of a return trip. Can't think of any negatives whatsoever. If you would like to verify this info or need to ask more I would be more than happy to advise.

Room Tip: Unit 1 is perfect for a couple and has everything you could wish for - kitchen is really well equipp...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Val M
Hi Val,

So delighted to you you both again.

I know that Whispers has become your home in the USA and we like to think that we are part of your USA family now.
It feels that way and we are so blessed to have met you both and are happy that this has led us to becoming good friends.

Thats what life is about and we appreciate you in our lives.

Sending you love and thanks for the review.

Jeffrey and Sharda.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We recently stayed at whispers for two nights and can say that it was perfect and exactly as we expected it to be. It was clean and beautifully furnished, all facilities we required. The location was perfect, we could walk to shops, bars, restaurants and the beach within minutes. Being 5 mature ladies we felt comfortable and safe.
I would like to add my appreciation to Jeffrey, as stupidly I left a large amount of money in the room when I left, Jeffrey was of course very honest and went out of his way to assist me by finding the money and arranging for it to be sent to me to save me having to make a long journey back to collect it. We would all definitely stay here again and would recommend Whispers to anybody. Thank you Jeffrey and Sharda.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Hi Wendy,

Thank you so much for your great review.

I am glad to have helped you get your money back.

Sharda and I look forward to having you back and hopefully you will have a little more time to explore the many wonderful experiences here in the St Petersburg Area.

Wishing you all a Merry Xmas!

Safe trip home.

Best wishes

mount olive, illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I booked unit 4 for 8 nights. We were unable to sleep here, as the bed was so uncomfortable! The mattress was worn out, lumpy and soft. You would sink into a hole and not be able to get out of it! We tried to sleep on the couch, that was hard with metal rods in our backs. It became so bad, we actually rented a hotel for a couple nights so we get some sleep! The room looked as it appeared in the pictures, it was pretty clean and I didn't see any bugs. The outside patio had so much dirt and mold on it, we did not want to sit out there..definitely would not eat out there. The pool was dirty. There was a nice dock where you can fish or dolphin watch. Saturday night some people came and stayed in the room across from ours. They had a heck of a party all night long! People coming and going all night and the music blaring!! Definitely would not return here. I guess if you just want a place to crash and party it would be ok for you...not for us!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank alexanders07
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent Labor Day weekend here and had a such a great time! The location is excellent! We stayed in the house where we slept 7 along with our dog. The beds were all comfortable. There was so much room! We enjoyed the dock in the back as well as the grill and swimming pool. Walking distance to the beach, Publix and great restaurants. Jeffrey and Sharda were extremely accommodating. We can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank domingo24
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I am delighted that your family and friends had a great time in the Executive House.

I have you confirmed for the same time next year.

Thank you so much for the nice review, we appreciate it,

Warm wishes from Whispers,

Savannah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We had a girl’s only vacation this summer as just my three teenage daughters and I were able to go. We decided on a relaxed week at the beach at Treasure Island. I chose the Whispers Resort based in part on location and price. We were very pleased with our choice of accommodations. Jeffrey and Sharda, the owners, were wonderful to work with and made us feel welcome. Even though they do not reside on site, they responded to our requests in a timely manner and were on the property quite a bit during the week we were on vacation. Whispers is an, old resort property which has been restored in a unique and charming way. From the beautiful tropical landscaped courtyard, to the gorgeous bay front pool and dock, we felt as if we had stepped into our own little private oasis once we walked through the decorative red ornamental gate. There were few guests there during our vacation so we felt very private as well. We pretty much had the pool area and dock to ourselves, which was great! The location of Whispers is also a plus. We could walk almost everywhere we wanted to go: the beach, grocery store, shops, and restaurants. The neighborhood is very safe. The police department is just a block or so away. We stayed in the two bedroom unit (number 7, The Florida Suite). It is adorable, especially for teenage girls! They loved the bright colors and the fun Floridian themed decor. The suite was very clean and well maintained. It has a window unit for the air conditioner, but it cooled the unit more than enough. I understand there are plans to install central air in that unit this summer. I highly recommend Whispers Resort for travelers who want a unique vacation experience and are value conscious. They will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MLTK_13
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort at Treasure Island, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
We are delighted that the "All Girls" vacation at Whispers was a huge success.

I am glad that you mentioned the security being so safe.

One of the things that travelers are concerned about is safety especially when it comes to places that they are unfamiliar with.

This is especially true for ladies who may be on their own.

Whispers is very safe, and it is very private and completely fenced and hidden behind lush tropical gardens.
Like a private home.

From the street it is tucked away from prying eyes and you feel that you are safe and are being taken care of.

We call it a Retreat.

Once common theme you will find in many of the reviews is how much people feel that they are in their own private home.

So glad that you all had a marvelous time.

Respectfully,