My husband, daughter, 2 small dogs and I stayed at Whispers for a week in 2013...we loved the location, accomodations, bay-side pool, pet friendly attitude and sitting on the dock on the bay fishing! We stayed in the 2 bedroom but soon found out that the one bedroom would have been sufficient! We slept well. Love, loved the location: being on the Bay: getting to enjoy the dolphins in Dolphin Bay (right next to our dock) was a real treat! Dolphins swam up and thru the docks...very cool experience! A friend came to visit from Miami and enjoyed the short stroll to the beach, the restaurants and of course all the shopping out our front door!
My brother in law and wife also paid a visit and the guys loved walking across the street to the bait shop and fishing off our dock! It was quiet and peaceful; our dogs were at home and content.
We did run into a bit of heavy rain...downright out pour for a couple of days...but that did not deter our fun. We ended up dancing in the rain! At 50 years old...who cares?! I am enjoying life while I can!
A huge convenience (that we really appreciated) was the use of a washer and dryer across the pathway from our room! Plus books, magazines, games and fresh linens we could use (at any time 24/7).
I am sorry to read that a couple of others did not experience the joy that we did. I would give it another try. I think Jeffrey, Shandra; the housekeeping and grounds keeping was up to par.
...it was a great time for us.
We all had a good time and plan on staying at Whispers again...next time in a one bedroom!
The Weaver Family Georgia USA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright and Cheerful Unique Themed Decor Boutique Resort.......Your choice of One and Two Bedroom Condominiums Plus a 3 Bedroom House!.....Fabulous waterfront location in the heart of Treasure Island..... *** Close to Shops, Dining, Supermarket, Water Sports, Beach Trolley.....This Unique Heritage Property has been Updated in Fall 2012..... *** Full Kitchens with full size Appliances, Stove, Microwave, Fridge. *** All Appliances, Cookware, Dinnerware included. *** Iron, Hair Dryer, Linens, Beach Towels. *** Tiled throughout *** Large Size Feather Beds offer a Luxurious Sleeping Experience. *** Pull Out Sofas in Living Room *** Free Wi Fi *** Free Cable 70+ Channels *** Large Flat Screen TV's *** DVD Player, Stereo System *** All Ground Floor Suites with Private Patios..... Water Front with Lush Tropical Gardens....... *** Heated Pool *** Large Fishing Dock *** Bay Front *** Dolphin Watching *** Boat Mooring *** BBQ *** Very Private and Secluded. *** Fully Fenced. Children and Pets Welcome. *** Free Parking.......Beach Access take your car or a short six minute walk....... *** Close to Historic Johns Pass Village - 1 mile *** 20 minutes to Down Town St Petersburg and Tropicana Stadium *** 35 minutes to Tampa International Airport and Clearwater Airport *** 45 Minutes to Busch Gardens *** 45 Minutes to Hard Rock Casino *** 90 Minutes to Disney, Universal and Sea World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Booking.com, HRS, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Whispers Resort at Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Florida