The worst. Falling apart. Messy pool. Peeling wallpaper. Dirty upholstery. Teeny rooms. No air conditioning except in bedroom pouring air over the top of the one piece of furniture big enough to put any items on (bathroom, for instance, had no room for anything).
Sandpaper sheets. Chipped dishes. Very few glasses (juice size only and mugs). No paper towels or napkins or tissues though extensive instructions on how to clean up. A car wash instead of the promised park across the street. We were so uncomfortable we skipped showering until we got home (fortunately, only two days). Oh, and this was billed as "a superior small lodging." The cost was much higher than we need to have paid, something we learned once we were there.
Their website appears to be a total fabrication or based on out-of-date information. These are not, for starters, "well maintainted" as noted in the web site literature.
No one retuned calls during our entire stay although we called to report that we would pay just to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bright and Cheerful Unique Themed Decor Boutique Resort.......Your choice of One and Two Bedroom Condominiums Plus a 3 Bedroom House!.....Fabulous waterfront location in the heart of Treasure Island..... *** Close to Shops, Dining, Supermarket, Water Sports, Beach Trolley.....This Unique Heritage Property has been Updated in Fall 2012..... *** Full Kitchens with full size Appliances, Stove, Microwave, Fridge. *** All Appliances, Cookware, Dinnerware included. *** Iron, Hair Dryer, Linens, Beach Towels. *** Tiled throughout *** Large Size Feather Beds offer a Luxurious Sleeping Experience. *** Pull Out Sofas in Living Room *** Free Wi Fi *** Free Cable 70+ Channels *** Large Flat Screen TV's *** DVD Player, Stereo System *** All Ground Floor Suites with Private Patios..... Water Front with Lush Tropical Gardens....... *** Heated Pool *** Large Fishing Dock *** Bay Front *** Dolphin Watching *** Boat Mooring *** BBQ *** Very Private and Secluded. *** Fully Fenced. Children and Pets Welcome. *** Free Parking.......Beach Access take your car or a short six minute walk....... *** Close to Historic Johns Pass Village - 1 mile *** 20 minutes to Down Town St Petersburg and Tropicana Stadium *** 35 minutes to Tampa International Airport and Clearwater Airport *** 45 Minutes to Busch Gardens *** 45 Minutes to Hard Rock Casino *** 90 Minutes to Disney, Universal and Sea World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Booking.com, HRS, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Whispers Resort at Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Whispers Resort At Treasure Island Florida