“Great food and great service!”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
south carolina
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Shaun, forgive the spelling, is a phenomenal customer service oriented server/bartender. Her affection for her place of employment was so evident. Her recommendations of the fried oyster appetizer and the shrimp po boy lunch special was right on. The good is fresh and delicious. Being a local I truly appreciate food that stands out from the usual beach fare.

Gainesville, Florida
“Great food and selection of beers”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We came for late afternoon snack. I'd definitely return and recommend. This is not just a place to get food. This place obviously has a chef, but you can still come in your lazy "I'm at the beach clothes. " Before you order, check out the slushies if that is your thing. I had to start with the gumbo. It was heavy on the sausage, but not so spicy that I couldn't manage, very tasty and chock full of goodness. Scallops appetizer was next for my meal. They were perfectly seared - Seriously perfect- with an elegant side salad. My hubs had the Cuban sandwich- with freshly roasted pork. Maybe I've never had a 'real' Cuban, but I've only had that sandwich sliced stuff in them. This pork was so good. The fries were perfect, too. They also had a nice selction of craft beers and the waitress brought me a sample of the craft of the day. The menu has a nice range and after our visit, I wouldn't hesitate to try them. Hopefully I can try the dessert next time. The brownie sounded anything but ordinary. It's in a little strip mall and looks unimpressive, but they have seriously invested in their food, presentation and service.

Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's Blues Bistro, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for visiting us. It's always nice to learn that we have exceeded expectations. . We never lose sight that you, as all consumers, especially now due to the wonders of the web, have a range of options available to them when seeking out a business to meet your needs. Therefore, your praise today means more than ever.
“Unique place, excellent food and great service!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We just had an amazing lunch today at Shrimpys. They make their own coke, so we tried the Root Beer. It was great! We also really liked the peach tea. I had the house po boy with shrimp bisque and island slaw. I could eat it all again and again! My husband was jealous as he had a pork po boy and arugula salad, good but not as good as mine. My boys loved their fried shrimp and cod. I would highly recommend this place!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Gulf Lovers Omlette W/Cuban Toast and Tater Tots ROCKED!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great Coffee (Douwe Egberts!!!), Service, Food, Music, and Atmosphere! 5-Stars! It's The Total Package For Foodies! Shawn, our server was very accommodating too! We felt spoiled!!! Don't miss this culinary jewel of Treasure Island, Florida. Bon Appetit!

• Visited June 2014
Treasure Island
“What a wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stumbled in here through a recommendation from a neighbor. Immediately impressed by the menu. Then floored when Sian was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items and beers on tap. But most of all... The food!!!! What a nice change from the beach norm of lousy food and customer service. Signed a TI resident.

• Visited June 2014
Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's Blues Bistro, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Every day we count our blessings that our business attracts such nice and kind hearted patrons like you. That you would take your time to so generously honor our staff is totally appreciated. We are believers that within each review one gets a glimpse of the character and quality of the reviewer as well as that which they review. That being the case....we can only hope that our business is near the quality that you represent.