“Family favorite!”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Treasure Island, Florida
“Family favorite!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are locals and this is one of our favorite restaurants on the island! The menu has so many things to choose from and is constantly changing (and the food is never greasy)! It's kid-friendly too!

“Good food...Great service...”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I came in on a Sunday night. I had read the reviews on here and Yelp. When we entered there were only a few other people in the restaurant, however we decided to give it a try. My husband tried a few of the craft beers and settled on the gator one. He really enjoyed the beer. We ordered the wings for an appetizer, since I am allergic to seafood. They was nothing special about them, but they were good. My husband had the shrimp and scallop po'boy with the lobster bisque. He said the bisque was very good, however felt the po'boy could have used a little more seasoning. I had the beef debris. It was a slow roasted pot roast on a beautiful bread with the drippings to dip in. It had amazing flavor, but the meat was a little on the dry side. The black bean soup was pretty good with fresh cilantro. The servers were both wonderful and funny. We decided to stay after our meal and hang out so that my husband could watch the braves game. We ordered the chips with the ranch dip to much on. They were the best thing we had there. After about 30 minutes the owner came in with some of his friends. They were very intoxicated. Although my husband thought it was quite hysterical, I did not find it as funny. After about 30 minutes of watching the owner and his friends take shot after shot, I asked my husband to leave. I guess my recommendation for everyone who comes to Shrimpy's is to come before 8pm. All in all, the food and service were good, but I would only return if it was before that time.

Orlando, FL
“Enjoyed the po boys”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stopped in on a Sunday night for dinner. It was pretty quiet in the restaurant maybe 3 other diners. The waitress was very pleasant and attentive. We opted for shrimp po boys and peel and eat shrimp - they were a good size. All was very acceptable. Will probably try for lunch next time. Prices were very fair.

south carolina
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Shaun, forgive the spelling, is a phenomenal customer service oriented server/bartender. Her affection for her place of employment was so evident. Her recommendations of the fried oyster appetizer and the shrimp po boy lunch special was right on. The good is fresh and delicious. Being a local I truly appreciate food that stands out from the usual beach fare.

Gainesville, Florida
“Great food and selection of beers”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We came for late afternoon snack. I'd definitely return and recommend. This is not just a place to get food. This place obviously has a chef, but you can still come in your lazy "I'm at the beach clothes. " Before you order, check out the slushies if that is your thing. I had to start with the gumbo. It was heavy on the sausage, but not so spicy that I couldn't manage, very tasty and chock full of goodness. Scallops appetizer was next for my meal. They were perfectly seared - Seriously perfect- with an elegant side salad. My hubs had the Cuban sandwich- with freshly roasted pork. Maybe I've never had a 'real' Cuban, but I've only had that sandwich sliced stuff in them. This pork was so good. The fries were perfect, too. They also had a nice selction of craft beers and the waitress brought me a sample of the craft of the day. The menu has a nice range and after our visit, I wouldn't hesitate to try them. Hopefully I can try the dessert next time. The brownie sounded anything but ordinary. It's in a little strip mall and looks unimpressive, but they have seriously invested in their food, presentation and service.

Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's Blues Bistro, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for visiting us. It's always nice to learn that we have exceeded expectations. . We never lose sight that you, as all consumers, especially now due to the wonders of the web, have a range of options available to them when seeking out a business to meet your needs. Therefore, your praise today means more than ever.