“Would Stay Here Again”

Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Wisconsin
“Would Stay Here Again”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a standard motel room here and it was very large and comfortable for the rate. Everyone we met here was very nice and we saw a couple of the other rooms that are 1 bedroom apartments and they are very nice with full kitchens. Even though we had a motel room, the refrigerator was full size with a microwave. It faced the street and we never had any noise problems. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too cooperative during our week stay, but the access to the beach is great. You can walk to many places and it is a short hike across the bridge to the Boardwalk with restaurants and shops, and a short drive or walk the other direction for restaurants. The owner, Ed, is very hard working. He and his wife appear to do everything so you can always find him around if something is needed. We would definitely stay here again. I would suggest that they get new towels, etc. as the ones we had (changed daily) have been around a long time. We would definitely stay here again, but would get an efficiency or 1 bedroom so we could prepare some of our own meals.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a nice, reasonably priced place to stay close to the beach, this is it. If y...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dianeh376

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have been going here for over 30 years. Love it. Well priced. Clean. Edward is a little rough around the edges, but a nice hardworking man. His wife also is hardworking and very nice. Can't say enough about our wonderful family vacations here. We love it! We vacation every year...,cruises, Hawai'i one time, eastern coast, but ALWAYS love to come back to John;s Pass Beach Motel. Thanks for the good times. Nice family run motel. We always have a wonderful time and feel safe.

Room Tip: Room 2 is our favorite
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Darla T
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a few days. This was the worst motel, outdated, dirty, even the towels and sheets had holes in them. It was cold the week of my stay, the place did not even have heat!!! Way over priced, found accommodations down the street in a better location for $30 a night less. Never stay here if you any choice at all !!!!

Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Johnny B

Travellers are raving about these Treasure Island hotels

Mount Morris, Michigan
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We booked a two-week stay at this motel and had to cancel. We cancelled 6 months in advance (our stay was for March 2014, we cancelled in October 2013). We had given them a $200 deposit of which they only refunded HALF. No where on our deposit receipt does it state you would only receive half of your deposit upon cancellation. They kept $100 of our money. We have stayed there many times, mostly because of location, on the beach and walking distance to John's Pass. The rooms have not been updated in years. Old appliances, refrigerators leak and have a towel stuffed in them. (We had same room 2 years in a row and both times frig had towel stuffed in it.) Old carpet, broken blinds, etc. Rooms cleaned only once a week. Given the fact that accomodations are mediocore at best and that we received only half of our deposit we will NEVER stay here again. I DO NOT recomend this motel. Owners were very rude about deposit issue. Doug & Terrie Marsh, Michigan

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Terrie M
Clydesdale
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This motel/apartments is family run,only steps from the beautiful beach and warm sea of the Gulf of Mexico. It is an ideal place for couples and families alike, providing just what you need for a great holiday,whatever you like to do. Just chill out by the great pool or walk further along the beach to experience para gliding,jet skiing or volleyball. Dine in one several good restaurants close by or cook your own steak or fish you have just caught on the outside barbecues.
This place is an excellent base as the many returning guests such as us will i am sure testify.

Room Tip: If you don't like too much heat,choose the downstairs,shaded section.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gingersnap_11
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Sunday morning, July 7 I blurted out an idea of perhaps going to the beach for a long weekend to my youngest daughter and then I was obligated. I was stressed at first because I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I wanted to be on the beach and I wanted to be near shopping. That's not asking too much is it?

Anyway I called my "go-to" motel in Treasure Island Beach, FL that I've gone to before, Suncoast Motel (see review). But they couldn't get me in until Sunday, and I was going on Saturday and once I dock somewhere, I am NOT picking everything up and moving somewhere else after a day. So then I came across John's Pass Beach Motel. I wanted to go to John's Pass and my goal was to park my car when I arrived and NOT drive it again until I left.

After reading the reviews I was a bit skeptical, but after calling around to the surrounding lodging facilities I found this place to be much much less expensive and it was on the beach and directly across a bridge from John's Pass Village.

I know people have made comments about the Owner, but he is not from this country and after reading the negative reviews I decided to prepare myself a little on Polish culture and mannerisms. Basically, he is just "to the point and direct". He means no harm and he never got riled up on me. My room was not cleaned daily while I was there, but my garbage was taken out and my towels were replaced, and honestly I sort of like minimal intrusion.

The first morning we decided we would walk over the bridge and get coffee at this little coffee shop. Humidity and a bridge do not mix. And let me clarify, I am so out of shape so I'm sure it is entirely my fault. I basically drove the next two times we went and if you use the covered parking beside Bubba Gump Shrimp, it starts at 1.50 an hour and I never paid more than 3.00, so it was worth it. There is plenty of parking at Johns Pass Beach Motel, and funny enough we ended up with the same parking spot each time we left and came back.

The room is plenty roomy for two. We had an efficiency. No oven but everything else and I swear our tub was about the cleanest tub I have ever seen. Cleanliness was no issue, it's just entirely dated. There are grills outside if you want to use those. I can't remember but I think they were gas grills. Oh and we had a little screened in porch out the back door of our room. The pool area is OK. Its clean, but it would make a huge difference in perception if they would throw away the broken chairs, it just makes things look dumpy.

The walk to the beach is short and you are closer to the water here. The water in this part of Florida is so beautiful. If I came back to Treasure Island I would look into this motel again. It's just old Florida and dated, but again, the rates are so inexpensive so it's hard for me to fault.

At any rate, just be respectful and know that you are in this man's home and he is trying to make a living like anyone of us and don't take advantage and you will be just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ronniecook7
Four Oaks, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say this is some great place. The only great thing about it is the location and the short walk to the beach. I stayed here for a week and my room was not cleaned one time. I had to empty my own trash and take my dirty towels to the owner and ask him to exchange them for clean ones. If I am going to pay to stay I shouldn't have to do my own cleaning. My room was extremely small. There wasn't even a place to put my suitcases. I had to ask for a coffee pot which was supposed to be in the room. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom and it takes awhile to get hot water, not that you want to get it to hot or you won't be able to see or breathe. No blankets, just a nasty thin comforter and a piece of ply wood between the mattress and box spring. Also, the gentleman who said don't invite friends to stop by to see you is absolutely telling the truth. I heard the owner ranting and raving at someone for doing that very thing while I was there. He was not just nasty about it..he was yelling his head off. There is also not enough parking so you better make sure he gives you your parking pass because if you don't have it in car where it can be seen you will be towed.

I won't be staying here ever again. I will definitely spring for something nicer next time. The pictures are deceiving. They must have been taken some time ago. If the owners hired some help I think this may be a better place to stay, but since they do everything themselves from the laundry to the yard work they just can't keep up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Chris S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Island
Treasure Island Ocean Club
Treasure Island Ocean Club
#21 of 48 in Treasure Island
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Island
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Isl...
#18 of 48 in Treasure Island
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
The Bungalows Motel
The Bungalows Motel
#7 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to John's Pass Beach Motel? Share your experiences!