“Perfect location.”

Treasure Island Ocean Club
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend. We arrived very late at night. The receptionist was very polite. He helped us with suitcases, escorted us to the room. Room was big and clean. It is an older hotel so need some updating (A / C needs updating, the bathroom is small and old but everything in it works well). The hotel has three buildings. Between the first two is the swimming pool (lobby has pool towels), BBQ, lounge chairs and tables with chairs. Between the second and the third building is courtyard - this is the quiet part of the hotel. The cleaning service in this hotel was OK, only on holiday our room was not clean. This is beachfront hotel - great locations. In walking distance from the hotel are restaurants and shops. In front of the hotel is a bus stop. The bus will take you to Clearwater or St. Petersburg.

Room Tip: The third building is the quiet part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

KrysiaK

Thank you for taking the time to review Treasure Island Ocean Club. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we appreciate the good with the bad.

I am glad that you and your family members were happy with our facility. We are always happy to hear what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. As you can see we are in process of renovations so we will take your suggestions and share them with our management team

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Treasure Island Ocean Club

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here 1 night (because I'm not suppose to be with my fiance the night before our wedding), my grandparents stayed here a week and I have a relative that stayed here too. So this review isn't based just on my room but 3 separate rooms and 3 separate experiences.

I had booked a one bedroom king and it was a huge room (compared to where my grandparents stayed). It had a full kitchen and a fold out couch. I was impressed! (Tues night stay)

My grandparents checked in Mon night & left Friday morning. For a 2 queen bed room it was very tight. I would say if you are here as a family with kids or just vaca and don't plan on being in the room much it's a great deal.

My relatives (a husband & wife) that stayed in the other room were extremely disappointed. They are also use to staying at the OMNI 4 or 5 star hotel. However, to their defense their room was not clean (hair in the bathtub, there was a smell, and the room was not vacuumed). They ended up switching rooms (not hotels) and were happy with the next room.

Any hotel could have missed a room or missed a hair. Bottom line it's close to the beach and if u plan on being out enjoying the beach this is a good choice. Customer service is excellent too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank naynay39
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Naynay39

I am glad that you and your family members were happy with our facility. We are always happy to hear what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We are glad that you relatives that usually stay at the OMNI decided to give us another try and stay where the rest of the family was. I am sure that you all enjoyed your time together.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were on Treasure Is. and got a lead for TIOC on booking.com. We checked it out and it was a great value for very decent accommodations. Upgraded clean apt style rooms from last century but you could live there! Nice pool. Not noisy but on the beach/boardwalk. Check it out! Would go back.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Lyvisky
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Friends found this resort , booked us a room . We arrived a month later and was very happy with the location . The staff were very accommodating . It was so nice to be on the beach . The property was very well maintained , the site said heated pool , that is was , pool towels supplied. We stayed on the Garden side , such a beautiful layout . They have two BBQ 's for guest to use , several nights we had a fire in the pit . Maintenance staff where there the minute we had issue . Office staff were awsome , thanks Heather . After being there a few days we booked our next stay going nine weeks starting end of December . Found a home away from home .!!!!!!

Room Tip: Garden side was very quiet ....
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joan S
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Joan;

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We look forward to your next visit in December.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed at this property before, when it was still Trails End...stayed there numerous times over 15 years...Saw the new name, new renovations. Booked it, at much higher price then I have paid previously, but knowing it was right on the beach. We arrived and were told we could only park one car on the property, we had two cars, the front desk clerk Heather, told us there was free public parking just down the street and that the area was patrolled by police frequently, we did not find the parking. I did end up parking my car a few miles away near a tattoo parlor, and the young man there was very nice and allowed me to park. Ok no biggie, although one web site clearly states..."free public parking, no reservation required" I go to the lobby for breakfast to be greeted by Crystal who says..."They stopped serving breakfast in April." I told her that the web site still showed a continental breakfast and she said well we don't serve breakfast....We went to breakfast, returned and there were NO parking spaces... trip to the office again, and at this time I showed Crystal the three different web sites that showed breakfast, and parking...she offered to give me 20% off my room rate for both nights...I said ok, and thanked her....we enjoyed a wonderful day on the beach. Went to check out this morning....Heather is at the desk and of course there is NO 20% off my bill...she reluctantly gives it to me and I had to ask three times for a receipt to show that I had gotten the 20% off...We have stayed at this property many many times...but this will be my last time there....time for something new.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Gwen S
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Gwen thank you for taking the time to review Treasure Island Ocean Club. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Although the site says newly renovated, it is a work in progress. Since you have stayed with us before I am sure you can see all the changes we are making. We are still addressing issues on third party websites and our own website with incorrect wording and appreciate your feed back so that we do the correct changes.

If you come back to the Treasure Island Ocean Club I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This sweet little motel is just that, a very serene oasis. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing, with gorgeous views of sand and sea and palms. The warm and neutral color scheme of the entire place is sophisticated, yet simple, and very calming. Yes, some areas still show hints of the motel's past, like the bathroom in our room, but I knew that at booking. However, it was clean and bright and that's good enough for me. We were there for the views.

Everything good in previous reviews are true. Beach towels are provided, pool toys, new grills. And we found the staff to be friendly enough and helpful. We did not get to sit fireside as hoped because they didn't have any wood at the time we were there, but if we brought our own we could have made a fire. I wish they just made this a standard feature, to have a fire each night.

But to say "Do not stay here"? That's a bit extreme. You'd be missing reasonable rates for a quiet little spot on Treasure Island. The other vacationers we encountered there all seemed just as pleased with their choice, were laid back, and having a great time. Ok wait, yes, don't stay here! Then it will be available for when I book again!!

Room Tip: We really liked the pool side rooms and next time I may ask to be on the south side of the pool on t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank chick127
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we too look forward to your return to the Treasure Island Ocean Club. Although the site says newly renovated, it is a work in progress. We are presently working on the interior and the bathrooms, so your feed back will be shared with our management team .

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I really liked this hotel and it's right on the beach. The front office staff was very nice. The grounds are also nice and the room was comfortable. The bathroom could use an updating, but overall I was pleased. I'm definitly going back.

Room Tip: Book one of the one bedroom suites with living room on the second floor overlooking the gulf.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerry D
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Although the site says newly renovated, it is a work in progress. We are presently working on the interior and the bathrooms, so your feed back will be shared with our management team .

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.