“Amazing Location, Great Staff and Budget Friendly”

Treasure Island Ocean Club
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Treasure Island Ocean club for a week. We would definitely come back 1.) the staff was amazing 2.) the location was awesome 3.) the price for all you get just couldn't be beat! We arrived in town at 10AM several hours before the standard check in time. The team that was working that morning was so nice and accomadated our early arrival no problem. The room itself was comfortable, there was a mini kithcenette (fridge sink etc) and the bed was comfy. I've stayed at 4 diamond hotels and hotels I dont want to mention, this was was a crazy deal for what we got. After a quick nap, our family who lives in town wanted to visit. The office gave them a temp parking pass, no charge as long as they moved before guests started checking in at 3. This was awesome! The location is amazing the beach is just out your room across the sand dunes and bamm beach time ! If you want to relax by the pool there are plenty of lounge chairs and palm trees to give you that vacation vibe! The night attendant was also super helpful. Parking can get a bit crazy as it seems there might not be enough spaces for the number of guests checking in. I wish I would have asked his name (shame on me) but he actually found a spot helped us park get in okay and said he would keep an eye out so that people were still able to navigate our car.

The only hiccup we had was when we found the sink was leaking in the kitchen and we reported to the office. We were actually going to be in Orlando for 3 days and gave them pernmission to come in and fix it. When we arrived back to the room the sink was torn apart with items left about on the floor. The next morning we let the office know and they were mortified. It was a mixup we were supposed to be moved but because we were gone it didnt work out. No big deal. It was nice to see when something did go wrong how they were responsive and recognized the ooops. I think that you can tell alot about a company's customer service based on when things dont go as planned.

Overall loved it and would for sure come back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FredandCandice
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

FredandCandice;

Thank you for taking the time to review Treasure Island Ocean Club. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we appreciate the good with the bad.

I am glad that you were happy with our facility. We are always happy to hear what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We are presently going through renovations and we are updating rooms and furniture now. I am sorry to hear that we made a mess in your room and didn't repair the problem right away, but I can assure you that we have discussed with the Management and Maintenance staff about coordinating these things better. Thanks for providing the great feed back on the staff as we think they are awesome too.

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room we stayed in was okay. The bathroom fixtures were very old and we had a leak there, which was fixed the same day. We were assigned a room that was very small and my wife could not move with her walker. They changed our room immediately and even had a sitting corner which was not with the first room.
This place is not wheelchair friendly, but that applies to a lot of places. The access road to the beach is nice but impossible with a wheelchair. Overall not bad for the money

Room Tip: Ask for a room with chairs or a sofa
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Martin B;

I am glad that you were happy with our facility. We are always happy to hear what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We are presently going through renovations and we are updating rooms and furniture now. Thanks for providing the great feed back on the staff as we think they are awesome too.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I really liked our place. It was specious, living room and bedroom had a beach view.
Easy access to the beautiful beach. I would recommend the hotel to my friends, and stay their again on my next visit to Treasure Island.
Make sure to get the room with the Beach view!

Room Tip: get a room with the view of the ocean
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Izabella F

Izabella;

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Overall, our stay was okay. The sheets were scratchy, and the beds a little uncomfortable. But if you drink a little and wear yourself out at the beach, you'll sleep alright. The tub in our room had paint peeling off. We had to clear the drain at every shower, and you had to shower. There was no plug for the tub and the faucet didn't work anyway. Our issue with service arose when we had water issues with the shower. We has to request assistance repeatedly to have our problem solved. Honestly, if my husband hadn't insisted assertively that it be solved nothing would have been done. We were pretty much told "sorry about your luck" with the pealing tub. If you don't have a vehicle with you, you should stay somewhere else or be ready to pay for a cab or wait on the bus. Nothing is very close.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank mgunter
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

mgunter;

I am sorry that you were not happy with our facility. We are always happy to hear what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We are presently going through renovations and we are updating rooms and furniture now. We have discussed this issues with the bath tub with management and we are renovating bathrooms now. Your room will be one of the first that we will make the necessary changes to. As for the transportation, we have the local trolley that stops right in front of our property and it will take you from one end of the beach to the other for only $2.00 per trip or $4.50 for the whole day. We have several fine Restaurant and shops within walking distance or John's Pass is just over the causeway.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have never stayed at any hotel any nicer and more friendly than this one. Beautiful and friendly staff. I will recommend this to any and all. GREAT !!!!! Tammy at the front desk and all personnel were on top of making my stay wonderful. Lovely atmosphere, secure and breath takingly goregeous.

Room Tip: I used to manage propety and my little girl and I felt secure and was treated like royalty, The vie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vetwife2014
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

vetwife2014;

I am glad that you were happy with our facility. We are always happy to hear what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We are presently going through renovations and we are updating rooms and furniture now and we hope to have a pool bar added before the end of the year. Thanks for providing the great feed back on the staff as we think they are awesome too.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

After searching and looking at many choices to stay in Treasure Island, I really wanted to love this place based on the many stellar reviews. Maybe because we booked our stay during a holiday, they were at full occupancy, and we got stuck with the room that is often left empty, just because there was dust on surfaces normally used. I was also surprised at how very dated the rooms were based on other things I have read. Part of the kitchen was redone but not all ( like the stove from 1960 with rust ) but we had granite countertops ???? The room temp also never got below 78, and that was in the evening. During the day it was terribly hot no matter how long the AC ran. I will say the gal at the front desk when we checked in was very nice, even though they had out reservation for one day short then what we booked. Once she fixed that, I did hope what I found after opening the door would be a pleasant surprise but so far, with still 2 days left here... Im writing this from a hot room on a stiff mattress, a bathroom that has no toilet paper holder, and a kitchen with a rusty stove. Next time ... I think I'll spend the extra 50 for a place on the beach that isn't so uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Miechv
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Miechv;

Thank you for taking the time to review Treasure Island Ocean Club. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Although the site says newly renovated, it is a work in progress. As you stated in your review that you noticed that we were making changes, and we are addressing the issues you had with the A/C and rust in the kitchen. I have addressed these issues with the Management and Housekeeping staff and we will be making the necessary changes so that future guest will not have these same issues.

If you come back to the Treasure Island Ocean Club I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This little place is dated but affordable. The pool area is great and it is right on the beach. The best part about it is the staff. They are awesome. They are so accommodating and great with recommendations.

Room Tip: Get a pool side room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roudy3
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Roudy3

We wish you the very best.