All reviewsacross the bridgejohns passprivate pooltwo bedroom apartmentpool toysshuffleboard courtmin walkhotel poolwhite sand beachping pongshuffle boarddefinitely stay here againrestaurants and shopsyour feetgulf blvdcoffee makerfull kitchen
Reviewed 4 August 2017

First, read the small print! We got a 2 bedroom apartment. The occupancy is for 6 people but anything over 2 people they charge $10 per day, per person. So for us that was an extra $160 for 4 nights. They claim that it is for towels honestly, I could have brought my own towels! But I would have paid extra $$ for wifi. The wifi NEVER WORKED. I know that it wasn't just me because my friend stayed in the room above mine and hers didn't work either. You have to put out your own towels in a laundry basket every morning before 9 or bring them to their office. Just what you want to do on your vacation, get up early to put towels out. They don't clean the room while you are staying there or change the sheets. I found dead roaches where the dishes are. I have stayed in many other places in Treasure Island and it was wonderful with no hidden fees. I come to this beach every summer for a week. I will NEVER come back here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the room next to the front office. You will get no light coming in your apt. due to the office being right in front of it.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jianxun S, Manager at Twins Inn & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for staying at our property and I am sorry you are not very satisfied. Our base rate for 2 bedroom apartment is for 4 people and there is per person charge for more people.

Our WiFi has been very consistently working. If you had informed the manager about any WiFi issue, I am sure it would have been resolved quickly.

We did notice bug issue in Aug, 2017 and had since take care of it. Not a single one was noticed since Sept. 2017 at the entire property. I am sorry and apologize for it!

John

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Myself, and my children really had a comfortable stay! If your looking for that home away from home relaxed feel...this is the place to be! The beds were nicely made and the kitchen was spotless and came fully equipped to make a hearty breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

This was our first time in Treasure Island as a family and I am so glad we found this gem! All I can say is Location Location Location!! Beautiful beach within a 2 min walk( where we saw dolphins almost daily) 5 min walk across the bridge to Johns pass and steps away from a nice private pool for the kids. Shurla and Belinda were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms could use a bit of updating and we would choose a room facing the pool, but to be honest the rooms come fully stocked with just about everything you need for preparing meals and was quite comfortable. Laundry facility on site, so we know next time to pack way less ( to make room for all the shopping to be had at the Ellenson outlet mall of course) Any time we wanted clean towels we just put them in a basket and voila we got fresh clean ones right away. I honestly can't say anything really bad about the Twins Inn and we will definitely be coming back as soon as we possibly can!!

Thanks from Michelle and Iggy!!

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We were horrified to find the cooker was infested with cockroaches. I was checking the timer display when cooking a pizza on our arrival late afternoon. Whilst looking at the display a cockroach crawled across the display, inside the unit. We took this to management the following day who said they'd send in cleaners. When I showed them a video I'd taken the cleaners were disgusted and went to tell management that it was no use trying to clean it. I then went to management and said that we could not stay in that room. We were moved to a single bed room from the two bedroom we had booked and had to sleep on a sofa bed for the remaining 5 nights.
The sofa bed was bowed in the middle and the mattress thin, to the extent that the struts dug into our backs and we rolled into each other.
We were told we would get a refund. When none appeared we emailed and received a refund of the difference between the cost of a two bed apartment and a one bedroom apartment for our last 5 nights. So much for a refund to compensate us. We replied asking for the refund amount to be reconsidered, but this was ignored.
Overall its not a bad location. The place is not plush but the one bedroom was clean, just not what we had booked. The room ewe were moved to had the ceiling half painted which was odd. It also reeked of insecticide when we moved in.
The apartment we vacated was re-let within a few days.
We will not return.

6  Thank Steve T

We did notice a few roaches and had since take care of it. Not a single one was noticed for many months at the entire property since. I am sorry and apologize for it!

John

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Great location, great price, very comfortable place to be with 2 little ones. Close to everything but yet great secluded feel. Pool was wonderful and very short walk to the beach. Owner's were great. Will definitely be back! Wish they took pets so my parent's could come with us, but they don't travel without their dog.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel