“Best place to stay in Treasure Island”
Review of Surf Beach Resort

Surf Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Ohio
“Best place to stay in Treasure Island”
Reviewed 14 August 2009

My fiance and I went to visit some family near by and we wanted to stay by the beaches. Another friend had recommended I try staying at this hotel. I have to say I'm glad I took her advice. I used to visit Treasure Island more frequently when I was a kid with my parents, and I remember the old hotels/motels we stayed in. The Surf Beach resort is was the best place I stayed in Treasue Island yet, and its right on the beach mon! The unit was very clean and had eveything we needed for a great vacation. The master bedroom had its own master bathroom and a sliding glass door to the gulf front balcony, which was an awesome view to wake up to, as well a small paradise setting for a night cap. The kitchen has granite counter tops and all the appliances too- so you don't have to spend every night eating out - you can cook in and have a romantic dinner out on the balcony. The bed even was so comfortable- it had some sort of memory foam top! I wouldl definitely recommend this hotel to family or friends.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2009

(ID #213) This is my family's third time staying at the Surf Beach Resort and we absolutely love it. The resort is always kept so nice and everytime we come back something new has been added or remodeled. The pool area is kept perfectly clean and has a great view of the beach. The staff is also very professional. attentive and friendly. Johns Pass is right up the road and we enjoy going there to shop, have dinner, etc. My husband loves to fish and caught quite a bit on our trip this last week. We will definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2009

This place was great!! Go stay. It has great location and you can go get ice cream right across the street at Super Scoops. The beach is right there and there's a waffle house. Anita was excellent and was responsive to all our requests.
There is no fitness room but there is a gym 2 blocks away where you can get a 7
day pass for $35.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
kansas
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This was one of the best places we have ever stayed in Florida. Beautiful beach view, wonderful room. We cooked in the kitchen to save money on food and watched spectacular sunsets from the balcony. Quiet and nice to have 2 bedrooms and bathrooms. Anita at the front desk was the best and the sno cones across the street were awesome. Close to St. John's Pass and other fun stuff to do! We will definitely stay here again!

Waukesha Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We had a wonderful time drinking coffee in the morning on the balcony. We could watch joggers, bikers, hand gliders, birds, and people enjoying the summer sun on the beautiful beach from the comfort of our unit. The living and dining area was small, but the unit had two bedrooms and two baths. I would have liked twin beds in one of the rooms to accomodate my son and his uncle. Overall, the clean and tastefully appointed condo met our needs and we would consider staying at the Surf again.

Judy Marks

vallejo, ca
Reviewed 17 July 2009

The condo was comparable to a 5 star timeshare and the view from the balcony was perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I wouldn't really call Surf Beach Resort a "Resort". It's more like a building of condos with a pool. But I noticed while i was out walking that most of the even very small motels have "Resort" in the title so I guess that's just the way things are named in the area. The resort was nice, but the area seemed a bit run down to me so we will not be going there again. The areas north of John's Pass seemed a bit nicer. Especially the Reddington Beach areas.

Rooms - the rooms were fine. They were clean and spacious, although not as roomy as I imagined based on the other reviews. Everything was nicely decorated and in working order.
Pool - just ok. Pretty darn small actually. But it was clean and well kept and the water was comfortably warm. There was also an average sized hot tub.
Beach - be prepared for a long walk to the beach. The building is ocean front but it's probably around 200 yards to the beach and once you get there, there's no restroom in sight.

We were there on the 4th of July and there was a huge 4th of July celebration going on between the "resort" and the beach. They were parking cars on the beach and there was live music, a volleyball tournament and other activities. Around 6 pm boats started gathering just offshore and by the time the fireworks started around 9 pm, the beach was pretty much packed. This celebration was not associated with the resort. I think it was the city of St Pete.