My wife and I spent a week for our summer vacation/babymoon at Sunset Vistas last week. We splurged and stayed in one of the 2 bedroom beachfront suites. The suite had plenty of space for two people and an unbeatable view of the beach and sunsets in the evening, The location was great as Treasure Island is noticeably less crowded than St. Pete Beach and Clearwater Beach. Driving to sights in Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Homosassa Springs, etc. was not too bad either.
The staff was always friendly; however, we experienced a few situations that could be improved upon to make Sunset Vistas a better place to stay. Sunset Vistas has a policy that housekeeping would replace towels and toiletries and take out the trash every two days in the afternoon. This was not followed at all in our experience. We had to call to have extra towels on the third full day of our stay. The office staff told us they had been shorthanded on staff causing our room to be missed. The person then showed up at 9:00AM the next day banging on our door even with the "Do Not Disturb" sign out. I brought the trash to the person at the door and then asked for a few more towels. We then no longer received any housekeeping service for the remainder of our week stay even though they should have come by three times in total. This was disappointing for spending $250-$300 per night. We just said we were staying at a rental condo with no service instead of a hotel from that point forward. The property did not even seem to be at full capacity during our stay there.
The suite itself was clean and there is going to be some understandable wear and tear in a beach environment; however, some furnishings were extremely uncomfortable. Both the sofa in the living space as well as the mattress in the master bedroom needed to be replaced. The cushions were extremely worn on the sofa and did not provide much if any support. The mattress was the worst mattress I have ever slept on in my experiences which some have been much more primitive than Sunset Vistas. I usually enjoy softer mattresses; however, this mattress was completely shot. Both my wife and I woke up several times throughout the night due to poor condition of the mattress. We also would be woken up due to hearing neighbors constantly moving their furniture around at 1AM and 5AM which did not make any sense to us. We looked forward to getting out of the bed in the morning so it made it easier to get the day started earlier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect family beachfront resort offering condo-sized suites and resort amenities all under one roof! Located directly on one of America’s award winning beaches and overlooking the Gulf of Mexico is this “all-suite” resort hotel offering 154 - 2 bedroom/2 bath & 3 bedroom/3 bath condo-size suites. 24 hour front desk, on-site restaurant/cafe, beach/tiki bar, heated pool, 2 whirlpools & kiddie pool with fountains. Free use of business & fitness center, free WiFi, reserved parking & daily paper. Enjoy beach volleyball, ping pong, corn toss and more. Each suite is designed in a “Coastal Living” style motif and offers spacious living/dining rooms, full size kitchens with all appliances, china, glass & silverware, in-suite washer/dryer & private balconies facing the beach. Lush tropical courtyard with multiple waterfalls and fountain. Daily, weekly & group rates are available. Walk to world famous John’s Pass Village for more restaurants, shopping, jet skis, fishing and dolphin tours. Tampa Bay’s Busch Gardens and the area’s other world-class museums and attractions are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Hotel Treasure Island
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Resort
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites Treasure Island, Florida