We stayed at the Sunset Vistas in May. We liked it so much we booked another trip for the end of August. We just got back on the 27th. It was just as good, if not better, the second time we went.
We arrived just before noon and was able to check in early. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice. He gave us a complementary upgrade. We had booked a "partial gulf view" and was given a "gulf coast" view instead. I guess the "partial gulf view" rooms are the ones closer to the street. We stayed in a "partial gulf view" room in May and still had a great view of the gulf. Try to get on the North side of the building if you can, that way you can see the sunsets from your balcony. The room we got was nice and clean. There were a few minor things. We only had one coffee cup. We mentioned it to a housekeeper the next day and she gave us another four cups. The other problem was the slow service at the cafe. The food is good but it takes too long to get it. Be prepared to wait around 30 minutes for your order.
The beach was great. The water temperature was 88 degrees. My kids, ages 6 and 10, loved it. There were plenty of shells on the beach. There's also a sandbar about 70 yards out that has lots of sand dollars. The water was shallow enough to walk all the way out there.
Overall we had a great time. We would definitely go back to the Vistas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect family beachfront resort offering condo-sized suites and resort amenities all under one roof! Located directly on one of America’s award winning beaches and overlooking the Gulf of Mexico is this “all-suite” resort hotel offering 154 - 2 bedroom/2 bath & 3 bedroom/3 bath condo-size suites. 24 hour front desk, on-site restaurant/cafe, beach/tiki bar, heated pool, 2 whirlpools & kiddie pool with fountains. Free use of business & fitness center, free WiFi, reserved parking & daily paper. Enjoy beach volleyball, ping pong, corn toss and more. Each suite is designed in a “Coastal Living” style motif and offers spacious living/dining rooms, full size kitchens with all appliances, china, glass & silverware, in-suite washer/dryer & private balconies facing the beach. Lush tropical courtyard with multiple waterfalls and fountain. Daily, weekly & group rates are available. Walk to world famous John’s Pass Village for more restaurants, shopping, jet skis, fishing and dolphin tours. Tampa Bay’s Busch Gardens and the area’s other world-class museums and attractions are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Hotel Treasure Island
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Resort
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites Treasure Island, Florida