“Nice motel, good location, pleasant area”
Review of Swashbuckler Motel

Swashbuckler Motel
Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 14 December 2009

The Swashbuckler is across the street from the beach and has easy beach access. Beach chairs and beach towels were available in the room.
The room was a spacious two bedroom, nice and clean, nice furninshings, and well laid out. Kitchen utencils were available.
Restaurants and nightlife were within walking disctance.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank southNH
There are newer reviews for Swashbuckler Motel

Reviewed 10 November 2009

We just finished our third trip to Teasure Island this year and each time we stayed at the Swashbuckler. Dick, the owner, was his usual customer oriented self. He periodically checked to see if we needed anything to make our stay more enjoyable. We have now stayed in two different apartments and both were equally furnished for a comfortable stay. We are looking forward to being there in April 2010, if not sooner.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TDPK
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Nice comfortable place. Even though it isn't on the beach side I could see the beach from my living room window (which is better than when I stayed on the beach before). The staff was great! Dick was so wonderful and was always offering any help that we might need and made sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. The place is close enough to anything you might need (groceries, restaurants, etc.). I stayed in an apartment that you can rent weekly (also nightly) and it was furnished with everything you needed down to the plates and silverware, pots and pans, and spices. Thanks for a great time and I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cindy C
Reviewed 7 September 2009

This is the second time my family and I have stayed at the Swashbuckler. We enjoyed every minute of it. We like that it is a small family-owned motel. The staff was always friendly, courteous, and helpful. Yes, we have to cross the street to go to the beach but it is a wide, beautiful and clean, sugar sand beach and not too crowded. The pool area is well-kept and the pool itself: very inviting. Not only would I recommend this motel to anyone, we are already making plans for next year.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank kodiakjackie
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Had a great time. Management was very helpful and very friendly. The service we received daily was outstanding. There was nothing that Dick (owner) wouldn't have
done for us.
The location was great! Walking distance from the Gulf as well as shops for shopping.
Our room was very comfortable. We felt like we were at home!
We are sure to go back the next time we get the opportunity.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valencero
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Dennis the manager is a friendly, helpful person. They have the lowest rates by the week on the entire stretch of beaches.

The beach is across the street. Friendly family atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Interbay
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I called earlier this week to reserve a room here for the end of July for my wife's bday, since it was highly rated on tripadvisor.com. The manager on the phone said I should stop by sometime in the next week to see if I like the rooms. I stopped by this morning. There was a sign on the door to call him. I did. He got rude on the phone after I said I'm here to look at a room. Said "You should have called me and set up a time to see it! Someone's renting the rooms right now! I'm not on the property! I could have saved you a trip if you would have called." I said "I did call and you told me to stop by, which I'm doing now." Anyway, the office had stuff all over the place. Towels over the counter, just stuff strewn over the room. The property is a dump and across the street from the beach. Get a room on the beach on a motel instead. The Page Terrace is WAY better location, view of the ocean, swimming pool, right next to Sloppy Joe's, clean, and friendly, and it's ~$79/nite. We're staying there!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple