“Summer vacation”

Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Loudonville, Ohio
“Summer vacation”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

You couldn't ask for a better place to enjoy a week with the family. A beautiful vacation destination that has the best of everything. Great staff, excellent service, updates and improvements every year we return. You know the place is excellent when guests tell you they have been vacationing there for forty plus years. We have been guests for 8 years and year nine has been scheduled!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeff F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This hotel was a ver pleasant surprise for us. The hotel only had about 23 rooms and was an older style. The front desk was very help upon check in and anytime I had a question it was answered by the couple in a friendly way. In our room it was small but the bathroom was newly remodeled and the room was very clean. On the premise they have a very nice pool and the hotel sits on the beach! I would stay there again, actually we are talking about our next trip back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ramar81
sheffield
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This was our 3 rd visit to this motel, and once again met all our expectations, the motel is spotless and so friendly, you will not find as good motel as this in the whole of Florida!! We come from the uk and love this type of motel, the bathrooms been refurbished they look great!! Maria the owner is very hospitable and friendly, we also met some great people there too!! See you next year.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank nat61
Sanford, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This was our first time staying at this motel and it was amazing! The rooms were spotlessly clean and very cozy and inviting. The bed linens were fresh and pleasantly scented. I was very impressed with the service and friendliness of the entire staff. I will be staying here every time I need a vacation at the beach. I will tell all my friends, actually I already have told them on Facebook what a great place The Sea Chest is. The views are beautiful and all the rooms over look the pool which is the cleanest pool I have ever swam in. This was my wifes and mines 28th wedding anniversary. My daughter who lives in St. Pete got the room for us, and when we walked in there were balloons, flowers and champagne waiting. The owners allowed her to decorate our room so we would be surprised and boy were we ever!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ronald M
Orlando
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This motel was recommended to us by a friend, and I am so glad we gave it a try!

A small two-story place on a nice quiet stretch of Treasure Island beach, this space boasts a variety of room options, a pool, outdoor dining and BBQ areas, and a very short walk to the beach.

The thing to know is that the rates are great in this area and the rooms book up early. We were booking a week early and were lucky to get the last room available for a one-night stay. No online reservations are possible (at the time of my review) and I'm sure that's because this place doesn't need to go that route, they have so many repeat visitors. It's kind of old fashioned that way, but without being old-fashioned in its rooms and trimmings. :) A perfect combination for a low-key getaway.

We had an upstairs 2 queen room with kitchenette facing the pool and beach. Gorgeous views out of the large water-facing windows, and being on the 2nd floor afforded some privacy. Everything in the bathroom had been updated and was great, and the full-size fridge and kitchenette gave us a really nice way to do snacks and drinks for the beach. Comfy beds, plenty of space to move around and put our luggage.

Prepare for a tiny parking lot (typical in this area) - some parking spots don't look like spots at all, but the front desk agent was helpful to point out where our options were, and we made out just fine for our stay.

We had nice guest service from the gentleman who helped us book by phone and welcomed us upon arrival, to the lady who checked us out with a smile.

I'm sure we'll be back whenever we want a low-key, affordable, well-appointed place right on the beach. Thanks Sea Chest!

P.S. Check out a new little New Orleans style breakfast place/pub around the corner called Shrimpy's - yum!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Kelley P
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My family and I just recently stayed here on our first trip to Treasure Island. My husband and I had our two boys with us, ages 6 and 10. We were immediately greeted with smiles and wonderful hospitality. If you are looking for a more laid back and quiet place, this is it. If you're looking for a hopping party-like atmosphere, you'll have to go up the road. We picked Sea Chest because we wanted a smaller mom and pop type place where we didn't feel overwhelmed. It was perfect for us. The view off of any room is breathtaking, as they all look out into the ocean and beach. We loved the small size of Sea Chest, as it didn't feel like I had to worry about our kids getting lost in the shuffle or fight for a good place at the pool. If my kids needed anything while we were swimming (like using the restroom), they could walk up to our room themselves as all the rooms are still visible from the pool, and close enough to feel comfortable.

The beach itself if beautiful, and really not that far of a walk if you ask me. While the beach is wider than the others, it certainly doesn't take more than a couple minutes to get all the way to the shore. Since Sea Chest sits right next to the beach, you don't have the headache of having to cross the street to get there. The sand starts as soon as you step off of the property and is quite convenient, especially if you have kids.

I also want to mention the cleanliness of Sea Chest. Housekeeping does a fantastic job, as do the groundskeepers. The property itself is really beautifully maintained. While some of the fixtures of the rooms may seem a bit antique, they are extremely clean and well maintained. I would rather have a clean room with older features, than a room with new and dirty features. There are some dives in Treasure Island among some of the nicer places. IMO, the nicer places are fewer, especially when it comes to being clean and maintained. Sea Chest is one of the nice ones, and is truly a hidden gem. Once you walk into the common area, you are immediately surrounded by beauty. My family and I would highly recommend Sea Chest to anyone. There is a reason why so many people are regulars there!

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious, and the noise level from rooms next door is very minimal.